Hair Loss

Dream World RMT Introduction

Hello, and welcome. I have recently started to battle in Dream World, and find it a great change of pace to the normal OU game. When first building this team, I titled it "Pure Annoyance" and it has since gone through about 10 revisions to where I'm happy with it, it has been successful, and I'm steadily climbing up the Dream World OU Ladder (1215 currently). The team is designed to be as annoying and effective as possible. The biggest threat to this team is RNG, even if I tip most of the RNG odds in my favor, I can still hit a bad string of it.

What is pure annoyance to me? Confusion is the foundation. Paralysis is next in line for annoyance to me, and Substitutes right after that. Add a powerful attacking move in Foul Play, and have 5 of your Pokemon follow this formula, with added Priority via Prankster, and recover via Leftovers, and many of my opponents simply forfeit mid-way through the match. Without any further adieu, here is my team.

Hair Loss Inducers

Purrloin @ Leftovers
Ability - Prankster
Nature - Jolly
EV's - 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
- Substitute
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

Purrloin is usually my lead to get the first Thunder Wave or Swagger out. Substitute is the first move to sniff out what the opposing player will do. If they attack, I might Sub again to see if they'll attack again, or I might just go straight away with a Thunder Wave (if I need it crippled or will take longer to kill) or Swagger (if it's a more offensive Pokemon). If I survive due to paralysis or confusion, then I Sub again and see if they are paralyzed or confused again. If not, then I Sub again until confusion wears off, then I Swagger again. If I'm confident I can kill them with a Foul Play, I might do so after +2 or +4 from Swagger. This also depends on if they are paralyzed or not, as Foul Play does not benefit from Prankster. This description will be pretty much what most of the team does. Even if one of these annoying Pokemon dies, another will fill its place, with confusion or paralysis already applied, making it easier to get Subs up to rinse and repeat.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability - Blaze
Nature - Naive
EV's - 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Grass Knot

As I played more with this team, I realized that I couldn't get past Skarmory or Blissey/Chansey, because they took no damage from confusion, didn't care about paralysis, and Foul Play didn't do much of anything to them, not to mention they could heal. I needed something to take care of these threats specifically, and Infernape was the best one I could think of to take down both physical and special walls. Overheat is for Skarmory (Skarmory in Rain is even more of a trouble - any suggestions?) and Close Combat is for Blissey. Stone Edge and Grass Knot are for coverage. I might switch one or both for other moves, though (maybe substitute in case they switch, so I can get a free attack or two on the next Pokemon). Basically Infernape is on the team to take care of two Pokemon, which is easier said than done (opponent switches). Luckily, Skarmory and Blissey seem relatively less common in DW than standard OU.

Murkrow @ Leftovers
Ability - Prankster
Nature - Jolly
EV's - 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

Murkrow is much the same as Purrloin. I have considered an Eviolite Murkrow, and with roost instead of Thunder Wave, but it wasn't as effective as having an extra Thunder Wave user. Seriously, though, the use is exactly the same as Purrloin. If you want me to expand any further, tell me. :P

Liepard @ Leftovers
Ability - Prankster
Nature - Jolly
EV's - 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

Exactly the same as Purrloin and Murkrow. Another user of my core trifecta of annoyance. Ev's are just for speed and bulk. Most of my Pokemon are weak defensively anyways. Only their priority saves them. Which brings up my weakness to priority, so I'll fill this description out regarding that. Most priority I can outspeed just thanks to my EV's, natures, stats, etc. Extremespeed is the exception, though. If there is an Extremespeed user on my opponent's team, my only option really is to go to Sableye, who so far does pretty well against that. Notable Extremespeed users being Dragonite and Arcanine in DW OU.

Zoroark @ Leftovers
Ability - Illusion
Nature - Jolly
EV's - 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Speed
- Substitute
- Swagger
- Attract
- Foul Play

Zoroark is more or less the same as my Purrloin, Murkrow, and Liepard descriptions, with a few differences. First, he doesn't have Prankster, though his speed, nature, and EV's allow him to outspeed most things, which still makes him valuable as the fourth member on this team to implement SubSwagPlay. Since she doesn't learn Thunder Wave, I gave her attract instead, which can be useful against the opposite gender. Anyone who has experienced being paralyzed, attracted, and confused, going up against a Substitute, knows how annoying, and plain demoralizing that can be. If I could put another Liepard on this team, Zoroark would be the one to go, but alas, I am only allowed one, and so Zoroark just has to make do (and make do he usually does).

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability - Prankster
Nature - Impish
EV's - 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Substitute
- Swagger
- Recover
- Foul Play

Sableye is my last user of the team strategy, and is used in much the same was Purrloin, Murkrow, Liepard, and Zoroark are, albeit he is the most valuable due to his typing, defenses, and recovery. He is also a valuable check to Extremespeed users. Otherwise, there isn't much to say that hasn't been said before. Just as Zoroark is the least valuable of my SubSwagPlay users, Sableye is the most valuable.

Threats

Damaging Weather - Wears me down faster, allowing for less time for RNG to work.

Strong Priority - Extremespeed kills 5 of my Pokemon pretty much regardless of who is using it. I only have one check to it, so I have to preserve that.

Stall - Well played stall with Toxic Spikes and phazing wears this team down fast. RNG has to work well for me to win these matches.

Walls - Blissey, Chansey, Skarmory, Milotic, just to name a few, can be thoroughly annnoying to take down. Luckily, I am just as annoying, but they are still always a thorn in my side.

Baton Pass - Sometimes not a problem, sometimes a huge problem. Defensive oriented BP teams are far more of a problem than an offensive one.

Works Well Against

Any offensive team.

Any balanced team.

Conclusion

I hope you enjoyed reading about my DW OU RMT. Feel free to comment, rate, whatever. I am open to suggestions. It is a thoroughly enjoyable team to play, whether it's sweeping an Ubers team with a Purrloin (getting lucky, of course, but that's why there are 4 more "Purrloins" on my team :P), winning a well fought match in the DW OU tier, or losing horribly as I get no Confusion or Paralysis (or both) support, I'll see how high I can climb on the ladder with it.

if you want an actual team, there is so much work to do that I can't even start.

If you just want to troll everything and everyone, this is probably your best chance of doing it.

Also, purrloin needs eviolite.

It is an actual team...I am winning with it, it takes down a huge amount of the "real teams" you're suggesting I become a part of (which I have no problem with, btw).

Purrloin needs the Leftovers because it doesn't get hit, and if it does, it's going to die. I have tried Eviolite on both Murkrow and Purrloin, and it doesn't help at all for this team. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

To be perfectly honest, hax teams aren't reliable at all. :x. Purrloin wants eviolite since it gives it more Bulk than Leftovers will recover typically, and a Breloom can straight up sweep you... I'd consider reworking the team a bit and making it more competitive if you want high up on the ladder. Battling101 has a tutor program that can definitely help you succeed!

I understand that. That's why I build up all of the hax in my favor, so that if I lose, it wasn't because of hax, but extreme lack of hax. I win almost all matches where confusion does it's job around 50% of the time and paralysis does its job around 25% of the time.

This isn't supposed to be a Scizor, Dragonite, Rotom-W etc team that everyone can make and play with. It isn't a Here is my weather inducer and various Pokemon to take advantage of it team that everyone makes and plays with. To be perfectly honest, this team is so far quite successful, winning about 75% of the time.

As for your suggestion about Purrloin, I've tested it, and Leftovers is much more valuable *for this team* than eviolite. Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Your concern about Breloom isn't very well founded. I have never had trouble with or been swept by Breloom. One Swagger and a Foul Play is usually enough to kill it. If I'm lucky, he'll have a 50% chance of not making a Substitute. If not, then I Foul Play and the Sub is broken. I send in my next Pokemon, Foul Play, dead. If he switches and tries to repeat, then I'll again have a 50% chance to kill him before a Sub is up. I don't know what the odds of him being able to do that 5 times in a row is, but I imagine they are astronomically small (and that is where if things just simply don't work as they do on average, then I lose - all I need is even a below average amount of things working to be successful, but if it's off the charts low, then of course I'll lose). This is how it is for all teams, though. If all the moves you normally use aren't working, are missing, etc, then of course you're going to be put in a rough place and will probably lose. Then again, I also have Infernape.

Thank you also for the suggestion for Battling101. Unfortunately, I know how to battle and know how to make teams, and have even won a few quick Smogon tournaments with teams I make. I have my fair share of "normal" teams. This just happens to be one that I thought I'd share for input and feedback, as it is being unusually successful and is pretty unique. Any more input is appreciated!

I guess I've been running into Breloom's running full attack, I don't know. Usually for Breloom I can Swagger, they hit themselves, that's usually 30-40% off, then Foul Play, dead. If that doesn't work, I Swagger again and then Foul Play. That's the beauty of this team. Any Pokemon that you say counters it, it really doesn't, save for rare circumstances.

Priority taunt users can be a difficulty. The only one that gives this team difficulty, however, is Tornadus. The rest I outspeed and if on a Pokemon with Prankster, outpriority. As for Tornadus, if he does taunt, I can usually predict, and mostly two Foul Play's is enough to kill (one if it's acro/bulk up set). Other than that, taunt users aren't hard at all, and usually just give me a free turn to Swagger then attack, which is nice. :)

Edit: Also, you would be surprised how much Swagger + Foul Play does to offensive Pokemon, even when resisted. It's an incredible combination. Add in paralysis, recovery, substitutes, more Swaggers. At +6 (as most opponents let it get that high and don't switch, and if they do, well, next Pokemon has Swagger now), it OHKO's most everything even when resisted, except for heavy walls like Skarmory, Blissey. Guess why I have Infernape on this team? To break those walls. :) I would be willing to get rid of Zoroark for something else that would alleviate some of the "problems" you guys are posing, though! Any suggestions?

If you're really having trouble with Skarm/Bliss and/or Stall, a Trick Scarf Jirachi could take Zoroark's place. You already have enough of the set-up users, so why not someone who can fully abuse the paralysis and/or confusion. Trick Scarf Jirachi can take care of Stall by Tricking Scarf onto Skarmory or Blissey and then using the paralysis to take care of the rest of the team. Along with the fact that Thunder Wave doesn't hit ground types, Jirachi can use Body Slam to paralyze Gliscor/Breloom and others thinking they can activate their Toxic Orb on the switch in with Body Slam. Fire Punch can help to alleviate your weakness to Ferrothorn and Skarmory. On the other hand, Ice Punch can take care of Dragonite and other Dragons. Being Steel helps Jirachi take Extremespeed and the like:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe | Jolly Nature
~ Trick
~ Body Slam
~ Iron Head
~ Fire Punch | Ice Punch

If you're really having trouble with Skarm/Bliss and/or Stall, a Trick Scarf Jirachi could take Zoroark's place. You already have enough of the set-up users, so why not someone who can fully abuse the paralysis and/or confusion. Trick Scarf Jirachi can take care of Stall by Tricking Scarf onto Skarmory or Blissey and then using the paralysis to take care of the rest of the team. Along with the fact that Thunder Wave doesn't hit ground types, Jirachi can use Body Slam to paralyze Gliscor/Breloom and others thinking they can activate their Toxic Orb on the switch in with Body Slam. Fire Punch can help to alleviate your weakness to Ferrothorn and Skarmory. On the other hand, Ice Punch can take care of Dragonite and other Dragons. Being Steel helps Jirachi take Extremespeed and the like:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe | Jolly Nature
~ Trick
~ Body Slam
~ Iron Head
~ Fire Punch | Ice Punch
Awesome, thanks! Just what I am looking for, and something I'm sure will help the team out very much. I think I'll go for Fire Punch, as I have more problems with steels than dragons. I'll definitely try that out today to replace Zoroark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)