Hall of Fame

What region was your first Hall of Fame clear?

• Kalos - X or Y

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
With Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire just round the corner, we tend to look back on our older Pokémon memories more fondly than any other time, as the new remakes celebrate one of the most fondly remembered parts of the Pokémon franchise.
With that being said, one of the most memorable parts of any Pokémon game, and for very good reason, is the Hall of Fame - when you finally kick the Champion off their throne and take their title despite them staying in that room for all eternity after instead of you. And then, with the exception of Black & White, you and your team are immortalized in a record of your achievements until you reset the game.
So what are your memories of the Hall of Fame? Your first game clear? A particularly memorable, challenging or even humourous one? Or perhaps sharing a memory with a friend - I remember having a friend years ago who had Emerald, and she scored a rather funny game clear with Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, and... Egg.
But as for me, my first Game Clear was way back in Pearl. I'd played Blue before but Pearl was the first game I actually owned and the first game that took my heart. And who better a Champion to face...

... than her.
There's quite the discussion on the Kalos Champion thread about how Cynthia is probably the best champion only rivaled by Blue, and... you know what? I'm inclined to agree with that. The parallels she draws with you, her achievements, the fact she throws herself bravely into any situation, the absolute power she exudes... and above all, she is damn CHALLENGING.
She doesn't pull any shit like Lance's three repeated Pokémon or Wallace's mono-typing or Diantha's blatant easy steamroll. She doesn't even implore any annoying, irritating strategies - she proves herself to be a very legitimate threat and I, in my 12-year-old delight, cried in excitement when I saw her Milotic finally go down and be replaced by Cynthia's fantastically crafted sprite, signifying my victory. It took so much effort, so much training, so much hardship, and she was a damn challenge... but I had finally gotten there. I had done it.
I unfortunately don't remember much of my actual team. I do, however, remember my Torterra 2HKOing the Spiritomb and my Luxray destroying Milotic.
Diamond and Pearl have many, many problems that I am very willing to admit. But something I feel they done better than any other game was create the perfect champion, and the perfect challenge before you and your Pokémon are recorded in eternal regional history.
Now, what's your story?

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
The first Champions League I cleared was Johto's Elite 4. At the time I was a kid so I really didn't understand the implications of what I was doing, I just keep traversing through the game, I had caught Snorlax, Suicune, Typhlosion, and had 3 other pokemon that I can't remember. It was pretty fun just trucking the members of the Elite 4 most of them really didn't have huge back stories or were as memorable as I wanted them to be as a child but having played Crystal again I noticed that they all had one pokemon that wasn't the typing they included for example, Bruno had all Fighting Pokemon but kept around an Onix as well, this meant if you wanted to use your trusty Pidgeot, you couldn't because of the fear of getting Rock Slided by Onix. Koga was another example as he was a Poison-type champion, he however had a Forretress. Forretress resisted Psychic-types and also managed to take Ground-type moves for the most part. Taking a look at all the members I'll start off with Will they Psychic-type master. Keep in mind this is with the new team I assembled in my last play through: Typhlosion, Pidgeot, Dragonite, Nidoking, Gyarados(Shiny), and Hitmonlee

Will, was very irrelevant, had no back story and was very bland, he had a nice Psychic squad however it was just a bland boring first battle it had no intrigue to me, not once was I excited to face him, in fact on my second run of the game I was absolutely frustrated with him, he was rather annoying, his Jynx absolutely was hell to beat.

Koga, was a good favorite for me, seeing him here while Janine was in the gym was pretty cool, the Poison ninja master was pretty fun to play against, because he was actually some what interesting(fucking Will.....). Koga's team was pretty easy to take out though, I had Nidoking take them out as Nidoking had Earthquake, Sludge Bomb, Double Kick and Ice Punch, so it made the job relatively easy, fun guy to play against.

Bruno was pretty fun to play against but he reminded me of Chuck, it didn't deter the experience but it was just odd, anyways Bruno was actually not a bad challenge, his team was almost taken out quickly with my Pidgeot but his Onix was an absolute monster, not only taking out my Pidgeot but putting significant damage to my Typhlosion, even Gyarados had gotten taken out because of a critical hit from a Rock Slide, luckily I had Hitmonlee take care of Bruno's Onix then I restored and swept with Pidgeot.

Karen, this one was an odd one, she had Gengar and Vileplume which made attacking her an absolute hell with Hitmonlee, however once I managed to take out Gengar and Vileplume it was smooth sailing, her Gengar kept dream eating my team away which was frusterating, she wasn't a bad opponent I will say her difficulty was much better though, she was harder to beat and it took a few Revives and Full Restores to send her out.

Lastly we have Lance, Lance is one of my all time favorite Champions. His team was absolutely amazing, His first Dragonite absolutely demolished my team, taking out about half my squad in minutes, luckily my Dragonite took care of it. He then sends out Gyarados and nearly kills me, however I managed to restore my teammates and took Gyarados out with my own Gyarados, I thrashed it a few times and got lucky without confusion. Lances second Dragonite was a combined effort, it took Typhlosion, Nidoking, Gyarados and my own Dragonite to put it down, it was one of the hardest Pokemon to verse at the time the battle took place, but after that the rest was history and I had gotten into the Hall of Fame, I think it was a great play through, I could have had a better team but I was happy with the outcome. It was a fun run against the Elite 4 and probably one of my favorites, but the Indego Plateau was my first Hall of Fame.

Platinum was my first game and Cynthia was my first champion. Cynthia is my favorite NPC in the entire series. There's this strength that she just emits that no other champion has (even Blue). And her team is tough (what do you expect when here team all have perfect IVs across the board!). Appropriately, the ultimate champion's signature Pokémon what many considered the ultimate non-legend at the time: Garchomp.
And to be honest, the only other member of that Elite Four I really remember is Flint, who might be my favorite Elite Four member, mainly due to the friendship he has with Volkner, which just fleshed out both characters a bit.

And to be honest, the only other member of that Elite Four I really remember is Flint, who might be my favorite Elite Four member, mainly due to the friendship he has with Volkner, which just fleshed out both characters a bit.
I personally always liked Lucian. He was also a rather big challenge to me.

This story is about my first Pokemon Pearl E4 challenge.

On some date I don't want to remember, a kid named "Alex", short of "Alexander" was heading to the Pokémon League on a faraway region called "Sinnoh." His team was composed of Infernape, his starter; Staraptor, his first catch; Torterra, his friend's gift; Tentacruel, the Pokémon that once attacked him on the sea; Luxray, the Shiny Pokémon (I got so lucky lol); and finally, Hippowdon, his cousin's . With that team, there he was, staring at the end of the Victory Road. He had traveled for that hellish path for days, maybe even weeks. But he and his Pokémon were strong. They entered as kids, and came out as men. And so they climbed the waterfall, and entered THE building.

But there it was, his lifelong rival, the mighty Barry, along with his whole team. Alex remembered the intense battles against him, how he always won, but how hard were they. And now, it came down to the last battle. These two friends would decide who was worthy of fighting the Elite Four, the most feared trainers on the whole region, and finally, conquer the Pokemon League. And just like that, the battle begins.

(Too lazy to write down the battle so screw it)

Finally, in the aftermath of the battle, Alex and his Torterra were the winners. Barry leaves the building after giving his rival and friend an advice: Believe in your power and your Pokémon's power. Alex then cured his team and bought a good stock of Revives and Full Restores. However, it was turning night, and he was already tired, so Alex decided to sleep on the Pokémon Center. He had a dream about the Pokemon League and him being the champion.

By the time he was waken up, the Pokémon League had opened its doors. The challenge awaited him. He got up, picked up his things, and headed to the door. The door instantly closed behind him. There he was, on the middle of a long white tunnel, with an elevator leading to the door. He crossed the door, just to find the first the firsr Elite Four: Aaron, the Bug-type E4.

(Fast-forward to this battle, which was pretty much Flamethrower spam and Earthquake against Drapion)

After a really easy battle against Aaron, came the mext member: Bertha, the Ground-type E4.

(Torterra spam > All)

Even though this battle was a little tougher because of Hippowdon (seriously though, that thing didn't want to die -_-), Alex got the victory and moved on.

The third E4, Flint, was not a piece of cake, like the previous two (Hello? Aren't you supposed to be a Fire-type E4?). He was quite the thing, and not because he was hard (hint: he wasn't) but because he was confusing. So that means no fast-forwarding.

Alex sent out Tentacruel, pretty confident he'll win. Flint sent out his Rapidash. This was an easy fight, all I have to do is click Sur—Oh wait he used Bounce. Big deal. I'll be able to tank that and some mo—Oh critical hit + Paralysis you say? Big deal, I got a hit on Rapidash and it died. So next up goes... Drifblim you say? Oh well, Aaron had Drapion and Bertha Sudowoodo, didn't they? I'll switch to Luxray and Thunderbolt to victory? Next Pokemon is... Steelix? What the fuck? Fine, let's just ignore the fact that it was probably stolen from Bertha and switch to Infernape. Click Flamethrower and win. What's next? An Empoleon? Nah, but I was close. An Infernape. Finally a Fire-type -_-. Close Combat, critical hit, win. My Infernape is superior, bitch. And the last Pokemon is a Loppuny. I was expecting anything at this point, so just CC and win.

Lucian was the same, just spamming attacks to victory. Yet Alex realized something. He hadn't healed his Pokémon in a while now. So he took out some Full Restores and Revives and got his team ready to rock some pussy and come back home without his virginity... Alright, I never originally though that (I was like 7 lol) but I want to add it now. Haters gonna hate.

(Fast forward to the start of the fight against Cynthia...)

Yeah I've been doing this for about half and hour so I'll just finish tomorrow. Cya

TL;DR: Screw you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)