Hanging by a Hitpoint: A Little Cup Warstory

this was a great read, but how is this possible?

in the world I live in pokemon can only have 510 EVs
In LC you dont need 252 EVs to max out a neutral nature, only like 194 iirc

Great warstory, Ive been playing LC for a while, but stop a bit after UU changed. Will probably try it again at some point

I'm fairly sure that in Little Cup, what with the low level, you need fewer EV's to reach a maximum; remember, 4 EV's = 1 point only at level 100. Not that I play it...
Edit: Eh, nevermind, missed it.

This Warstory almost makes me want to try it out, but it seems way too speed and revenge-kill oriented for my taste.

Anyway, great Warstory! I don't know much about Little Cup, and this gave me a nice insight into it.

Little cup looks interesting, I think i'll try it sometime. Good warstory, I would like to see more LC ones.

A great warstory highlighting how exciting and fun Little Cup is ... probably the only metagame I'll miss.

Take care and keep having fun with it.

Rated 5*

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Not much to say here, because there's not much I can say. This match was fuckin epic, and a pleasure to read. You did everything right with this warstory, and you went above and beyond with everything you included.

I liked how you put the team analysis, and comments from both participants; it's very interesting to see the battle from both points of view.

This is going to be a surefire archive, at least in my opinion.

To sum up what I thought of this story in a nutshell:

Greatness warstorified. *****

I loved the battle, love Little Cup. Great warstory. Nice format too, but dual comments get confusing @_@ I like them and all, but I have trouble keeping up with who has what pokemon and everything.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought the comments were a tad dry, but it's still good.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Its great to hear all the people saying that this has made them more interested in LC, and those who just enjoyed it too! And thank you for the 5* badged people!

About the EV's thing, to get a point in LC you need 76 EVs other than the first point. The first point is determined by the number your stat ends in.
This guide (by Mr. Happy and me) explains it very thoroughly, but you can take a shortcut and download the LC Stat Calc by EvilBob here.

I knew there was something I had forgotten.. my Props and Slops.. better late than never though.

Props:
Vader for writing most of this, and getting me to write the rest (as well as coming up with the format and extra sections).
Dratini for almost making a great comeback.
Diglett for making a crucial revenge kill against Croagunk, and taking a +4 STAB Critical hit move and weakening Elekid so Voltorb could finish it.
LC for the multitude of prediction wars it generates.
Vader for a very fun game.
Not that much hax (I don't count losing a 80%/20% coin toss as the end as bad hax. He had a good chance.).

Slops:
Me bringing Murkrow into Elekid (again...), then for getting out predicted..
Not being able to hit Croagunk with Squirtle and so letting it set up 2 NPs, now that Pt tutors are up and running on CaP and SU servers I will probably put Zen Headbutt on its moveset.
Other than that, not much. It was a good game.

ps: bye ODDish

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I normally don't really like warstories, but honestly this one was pretty great. The ending, the outprediction, and... everything... was just great. I love it!

@Eric: Hidden Power Fighting would probaby be better on Gastly IMO, but Sludge Bomb is still _okay_. I just don't like getting walled by the Rock Steels.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I encourage everyone who enjoyed the story to try out Little Cup and check out the Little Cup Forum. You never know, you just may like it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)