1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Happy 5th Birthday, CAP!

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by Birkal, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

Today, November 27th, is the fifth birthday of the Create-A-Pokemon project!

Five years ago from this day, Cooper started up a a brand new project in Stark Mountain, the equivalent of our Smogon Metagames forum. He likely didn't understand the gravity of what he was beginning; CAP has evolved into one of the most successful aspects of Smogon since that time. Currently, we've created fifteen Pokemon, which can be viewed on our CAP site. Our latest CAP, Aurumoth, is still in playtesting; you can learn more about that here.

For me personally, I've lurked CAP for about three years and actively posting for one. This is one of the best communities I've found on the Internet; it's a joy to talk with you all in #cap and on the forums on a daily basis. We're celebrated all across the Internet for our killer designs and attention to competitive detail. This project wouldn't be what it is if we didn't have such an awesome community. Throughout the years, we've likely had hundreds, if not thousands, of contributors pass through. To each and every one of you, from our artists to our battlers, and everything in between: thanks for making CAP the absolute gem that it is. So here's to CAP! We've had a fantastic run so far; let's keep on doing what we do best.

Happy Birthday!
  2. Mos-Quitoxe

Mos-Quitoxe
    is an Artist

Happy boithday, Cappy.

*place cake here*
  3. bugmaniacbob

bugmaniacbob Floats like a Butterfree, stings like a Metapod
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

At precisely five o'clock (GMT) five years ago, a great creature was born.

To celebrate, please enjoy this art thingy that I did way too quickly.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Also Birkal and I had an agreement that in lieu of funny logs we'd all draw pictures

I suppose the above is as poor a start as any but hey CELEBRATION TIME

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
  4. SpecsX

SpecsX

Happy Birthday
    Very strong part of the site
  5. Quanyails

Quanyails
    is an Artistis a Community Contributor

[​IMG]

Obligatory pun. :)

But wow, it's been five years--imagine! I'm impressed with how far this project has come and how it's still fresh and exciting!
  6. GRs Cousin

GRs Cousin

Oh wow, I didn't even know the project went back this far. I assumed we've only been at this for 3-4 years, but that shows how much I really know.

Here's to CAP. May the next 14 mons we create surpass the expectations of an already respectable roster of Pokemon. Happy Birthday.

Edit: Excellent picture there, bmb! I couldn't help but grin at the smaller details, like Stratagem's head being the birdie and the atmosphere Mollux is providing.
  7. Has it been five years already? Where did the time go? Here's hoping for at least five more. Competitive Pokemon may be what brought me to Smogon, but CAP is why I stay.

Oh, and seconding the love for bmb's picture.
  8. srk1214

srk1214 You spin my head right round
    is a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
    Mentor

[​IMG]

Obligatory art history-related posting. "I Saw the Figure 5 in Gold" is punny given our most recent CAP's name.
  9. Coronis

Coronis Backie Jerkhart
    is a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

Wow, happy birthday to CAP! Seems like such a short time ago I was joining to help design Fidgit.. time flies..
  10. fryfrey

fryfrey

Wow, we've come so far! Happy birthday, CAP! I look forward for more brilliant designs from you in the future! :D
  11. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

Happy birthday CAP!

I've spent a lot of time over the past few weeks writing an insane amount of detail about the past five years of CAP history, and you'll be seeing all that soon in Policy Review. So I won't bother repeating any of it here. Suffice to say -- it's been a helluva ride!
  12. Eagle4

Eagle4

Congratulations everyone, but especially DJD; you've done a great job in keeping this process intact and popular.
  13. Yilx

Yilx Sad
    is an Artistis a Smogon IRC AOP

happy brthday CAP :)
  14. rockybalboa111ify

rockybalboa111ify

Happy Birthday!

Today is the day I joined Smogon too! Let's celebrate with some fun smileys:
    :pimp::toast::nerd::naughty::heart::pirate::adam::jump::justin::cloud::avatar2::avatar::justin2::kongler::evan::chaos:.
    I got carried away but I still think that the Create-A-Pokemon project deserves to be celebrated about. Yippee! I love my life! Go CAP! Go CAP! If you accuse me of spamming I accuse you of not being in party mood for the 5th birthday of the CAP project. WOOT!
  15. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

happy birthday

that is all
  16. Eagle4

Eagle4

...... how many Red Bulls did you DRINK?
  17. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

While I have only been around for a small part of the life of this project, I have enjoyed every minute of my time here.
    Happy 5th Birthday CAP, and here's to many, many more!
  18. uwnim

uwnim

Wow, 5 years. Happy birthday CAP, haven't been here long but I hope to be able to spend a few years here.

Nice picture, bmb.
  19. Mdevil

Mdevil

As the more observant among us have already noted, I haven't been here anywhere near 5 years. I am thankful that others put the work in over those years in order to discover and share information as well as streamline and improve CAP for today and in the future.
  20. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

So guys, are we really going to give Syclant Megahorn?
  21. Deck Knight

Deck Knight October Surprise
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

So now I feel old.

Happy Birthday CAP!

Old timers rejoice!
  22. CBMeadow

CBMeadow

I may be rather new here, but I've been here long enough to know that CAP is a great project and deserves its long lifespan and more. Happy 5th birthday, CAP! c:

And an obligatory celebratory Paint scribble: http://i.imgur.com/IAaLQ.png
  23. Pwnemon

Pwnemon Switching is a metagame trend
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Doubles Co-Lead

It's not horny enough
  24. SgtWoodsy

SgtWoodsy

that's very subtle of you.

Happy birthday, CAP.
  25. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

sad part is there are a vast number of people who won't get it

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)