Happy Together (Last RMT before Gen 6) Peaked 1849 and rising

Hello my fellow smogonites,Xenoblade911 here welcoming you to my final RMT before Gen 6 comes out.Time is too slow D: in my opinion.With gen 6 just around the corner which personally I'm looking forward to it.So I decided to make a UU team since I love UU.One of my favorite formats to date.
Listen to this cool song while you read this:

Happy Together at a glance ^_^

Team Building Process ^_^

I started with a very annoying core to face:Slowbro/Amoonguss or BroMoonguss for short.This core has an annoying ability in the form of Regenerator which restores 1/3 of your health every time you switch out and these two have particularily great synergy with each other.They can wall a wide portion of the meta mainly Suicune,Cobalion,Azumarill,etc.

Then I thought I might wanna add a Fire type that would have great synergy to complete the FWG core. FWG stands for Fire,Water,Grass and Rotom is particularily a solid pokemon in the UU metagame.It has levitate,great bulk and access to one of my favorite moves:Trick.Rotom helps me to check stall really well since trick cripples walls like Bronzong,Slowbro,Dusclops,Blastoise,etc.

Rotom is also a good poke at VoltTurn strategies since it has a decent base 86 Base Speed which is just enough to outspeed Heracross which is such a big-ass threat in this metagame which I find extremely good.

Now I added Mienshao because he also has Regenerator so he makes a Regenerator core with Slowbro and Amoonguss.Mienshao is really really good at scouting with U-Turn and it forms VoltTurn with Rotom-Heat and it hits really hard with STAB Hi Jump Kick.As much as I don't like Hi Jump Kick it's damage output is off the charts.

Now I needed a Steel type and a Stealth Rocker so I chose Bronzong.This is maybe one of the last times I'll be using Bronzong since when gen 6 starts Bronzong will be weak to Dark which is rather disappointing,since it used to be a great dark resis.But gen 6 hasn't come out yet :P so Bronzong is my stealth rocker and Trick Room inducer:
NOTE:The trick room is exclusive to Slowbro and Bronzong's usage not the rest.

Now last but not least I added Focus Sash Zoroark to trick opponents into thinking that they're facing the poke they think and it turns out to be Zoroark.
I mainly use it as the lead since I like using it in the lead spot so the trickery works better and I give it sash because it is really really frail.

I was noticing Zoroark was pretty much death fodder and not very useful in general so I replaced it with Meloetta.I made it a Calm Mind Set which is,at leasr in my opinion better than using the one with Relic Song since it's a bit gimmicky to my liking

A Closer Look ^_^

Im Fast (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Slack Off
- Psychic
Slowbro can wall a lot of pokemon in the UU tier namely Darmanitan,Mienshao,Azumarill,Coballion,Machamp,physical Kingdra,etc.He takes U-Turn from Darmanitan incredibly well as he takes around 20-30% which isn't a huge amount.I can just heal that with Regenerator or even be more annoying with it.The set is Scald to cripple physical attackers,Toxic to cripple walls,Slack Off to annoy pokes that can't 2HKO me.And Psychic to hit Qwilfish,Machamp,Mienshao for some damage.Even though it's nickname is a sarcasm it works quite well.

I Stink(Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Trait:Regenerator
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 SDef/ 4 Def
IV's:0 Atk
-Giga Drain
-Spore
-Stun Spore
-Clear Smog
Amoonguss is such a great partner to Slowbro.Slowbro is the Physical wall of the team.While Amoonguss is the Special wall of this team and a damn good one at that.Amoonguss gets Spore which is amazing since putting something to sleep 100% of the time is pretty OP if you ask me.0 Atk IV's since Confusion and Foul Play damage is annoying.Amoonguss well I think it should be UU.It has everything any grass type would wish for.Access to Spore,great special defense,really high HP and Regenerator.I imagine opponents get easily annoyed when they're paired together.

I like using Amoonguss as a Special Wall to annoy the likes of Suicune,Zapdos lacking Heat Wave,Umbreon,Kingdra without Ice Beam.Loads of things get walled by Amoonguss.

Heat Up (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Rotom:The scout and the thief of this team.Rotom likes using Trick to cripple walls like Umbreon,Bronzong,Amoonguss,Slowbro,Suicune,etc.The set I'm running is Overheat for powerful STAB,Volt Switch to do VoltTurn with Mienshao and Hidden Power Ice to check Gligar,and stuff that is weak to Ice Type attacks

As for the EV's I maxed out SAtk and Spd and gave it Timid to make the most out of the Choice Scarf.Because Rotom CAN outspeed Heracross because he has 86 base speed while Heracross has base 85 speed which is ironic.

Shao Lin (Mienshao) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
Mienshao is really strong.It has really high damage output with HJK and very good stats except it's defenses and HP :( which means he's a bit easy to KO.But I made him a Life Orb variant.If you guys fon't believe me look at these numbers:

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Hi Jump Kick vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 208-246 (51.87 - 61.34%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Hi Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 175-208 (43.31 - 51.48%) -- 70.31% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Hi Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Bronzong: 175-207 (51.77 - 61.24%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Hi Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 216-255 (54.96 - 64.88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Nothing and I mean nothing appreciates a Hi Jump Kick. Anyway I run Fake Out to guarantee kills next turn with HJK,Stone Edge to hit Flying types and U-Turn to hit and Run and VoltTurn with Rotom.

Zong (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
Bronzong is my Stealth Rocker and Bulky Attacker.It has great typing (for now) and a great ability in Levitate which means he only has one weakness:Fire.I run Stealth Rock to support Mienshao and the other sweepers,Earthquake to hit Raikou and Electric types in general.Trick Room to turn things around with speed and Gyro Ball (no pun intended) to hit for massive damage as Bronzong is really slow and with TR and 0 Spd IV's it has a lot of power.

I Sing Gud (Meloetta) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
Meloetta,in my opinion one of the most underrated pokemon in the UnderUsed tier.It has Normal/Psychic which is actually a cool typing and has really high Special Attack.I maxed out his speed EV's since it has base 90 which isn't excatly excellent in this format but it gets the job done.The set I run is Offensive Calm Mind with Psychic and Hyper Voice for dual STAB and Thunderbolt to hit Honchkrow,Blastoise for SE damage.

I find this set a lot better than the standard one because I don't change shape and I don't have to lower my bulk in exchange of changing to Piruette.Which is always nice.What do you guys think?:Should I put back Zoroark or keep Meloetta on the team?

Threats to the team D:

I would say Heracross is probably one of the most threatening pokemon to my team.Since it's typing hits at least 4 of my pokes for at least neutral damage.But I would say the Scarfed variant of Heracross kinda wrecks my ass.

This thing,it just never dies.It can set up on some of my pokemon's face and proceed to screw me over big time.Pretty much the only way to deal with this motherfucker is by usin Trick on Rotom when it switches into suicune.

I freaking hate Kingdra.I find the SubDD and the one with rain a bit annoying to deal with if Amoonguss gets taken out.Amoonguss is practically my only answer to special Kingdra and Slowbro to physical variants.

So I think that's for this RMT for this 2-week cycle.If you have suggestions on how to improve my team just reply down below.I always appreciate them.So that's it for me,catch you guys later,until next time.
And good-bye generation 5,hello new generation! :D

Importable :heart:

I Stink (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Stun Spore

Im Fast (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Slack Off
- Psychic

Heat Up (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Shao Lin (Mienshao) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

I Sing Gud (Meloetta) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Zong (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball

Last edited:

Psychotic

Banned deucer.
Sup XenoBlade911, interesting team, but right now there are 2 gigantic threats to this team that need to be addressed: Chandelure and Heracross.
==>

The biggest problem that your team has is that Specs and Life Orb Chandelure can just spam Fire Blast all day, and nothing on your team can stop it. Chandy can get in relatively safely against 3 of your pokemon, and once it gets in, something dies. The only thing on your team that can actually outspeed and do major damage to it is Mienshao, which can't ever switch directly in to an attack. This is the problem with balanced teams; almost all of them need to run Snorlax, and I don't think your team is any different. Therefore, you should replace Rotom-H with Offensive Snorlax. Snorlax gives you the single best Chandelure check in the game, and also gives you a far more consistent check to Zapdos and CM Raikou, which can set up a sub and sweep your team once Bronzong is gone. Balanced teams definitely do not require a scarfer to function, and the support that Snorlax provides your team with by checking Chandelure is far more important.
==>

Though I really don't like replacing more than one pokemon on a team, I think for this one it is completely necessary since you also need something that can check Heracross. Therefore, you should replace Meloetta with Trick Room Cofagrigus. Much like Meloetta, Cofag is a consistent lategame sweeper, and it can set up all over Heracross and other Fighting types. Meloetta is a lot easier for opponents to deal with lategame, because they can just sac something and get in their scarfer, forcing you out. Cofagrigus is a lot harder to deal with, Trick Room means it is faster than everything and a lot harder to revenge kill. Cofag is both an offensive and a defensive threat, something you want on a balanced team.

Making these two changes doesn't really add any new weaknesses, and makes it a lot easier to deal with the biggest threats to your current team.

Suggested Changes:
Snorlax @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 196 SDef / 52 Def / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Whirlwind
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 SAtk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 2 Spd / 2 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)