Hardest Relative NPC

He's been mentioned. No need. I didn't find him overly difficult though, maybe my teams just bawz! ¬_¬
Almost every pokemon has a downfall:
Rain:
Politoed's hypnosis misses too much generally giving a free turn.
Lanturn has stockpile. Fail. It might raise defenses, but it doesn't hurt that much. I have 1 OHKO moves on my team which makes it redundant, and spamming it just lets you whittle down the health which he has done in the past.
Tentacruel can't hit a multitude of types. Dragon (but lot's don't.). Ice (somehow). And it seems very interested on keeping it's defenses high with barrier, occasionally letting burn takes it toll and if the hax is good then paralyze as well. Besides, hydro pump being the only strong move any type that resists water is pretty much fine, since giga drain really doesn't hit hard at all.
Omastar doesn't really have one.
Kabutops has low kick. Low kick It's wrong on so many levels I'm not going to explain it to you.
Starmie is great, but can be taken down fairly easily.

Sun:
Ninetails has confuse ray and foul play. Confusion can be annoying. Oh god. Foul play... well.. Don't use a pokemon with a high attack! :P Also life orb is rubbish on it. Foul play doesn't get boosted by the item (I think, I don't use it in play but I'm pretty sure it's right) and for such a fragile pokemon without a recovery it truly is terrible.
Arcanine is great, however if you play well you can come in and hurt it while it is locked into outrage. Or get lucky with confusion hax.
Rapidash has a random special move. It has good coverage, I suppose, but drill run is too weak being neutral, flare blitz recoil can be fatal for a fragile pokemon like rapidash and the only good move is megahorn. Megahorn is great on a number of levels, the rest are not.
Shiftry... Man. Did this guy give some amount of trouble. Focus miss misses a lot though, but that's pretty much it.
Ninjask is random, has solar beam on a low special attack, 1 physical attacking move, which is X-scissor, and has protect, which is for speed boost. However, the point of protect speed boost is to use it for a free speed boost when he is sent out, but sometimes he uses it 2 or 3 turns into the battle and while annoying does nothing for it. It can not touch flying types, or lots of pokemon that resist bug (which is a lot) since solar beam won't hit hard enough even on rocks to KO it anyway (except rock/ground and some rocks like onyx).
Leafeon has attract. Damn. ANOTHER X-scissor puts 3 bug moves on his team for no reason, and particularly for leafeon it could be used for something far better. iron tail is generally bad, but at least he has leaf blade.

Best pokemon:
Starmie, Shiftry, Omastar.

Worst pokemon:
Ninjask, Leafeon and Rapidash.

Clearly sun is far worse than rain.. FAR worse.
plenty of people use low kick Kabutops e_e. But even with notable awful choices, those teams still make you work hard

i actually did try low kick kabutops in uu when chansey was around

couldn't even beat that fat blob

and thus i learned the magic that is superpower

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Nyara (I'm not going to quote, your post is too long! :P) I really should have said that bugsy is also one of those trainers who is a nightmare in nuzlockes, few pokemon that resist his attacks and if you don't get one then you're screwed. He is also rubbish in regular play-throughs for me since I have never liked rock types and try not to use them, they always let me down somehow, and even if I do go out and get something that hits hard on it, like in my last nuzlocke I managed to get mareep, then he has too good defense as well for the moves around that time. Seriously, Mareep was level 15-18 (can't quite remember) but thundershock wasn't even doing half on Scyther whereas U-turn was doing a LOT on mareep, almost into the red on 1 turn.

There was a random forest ranger in the Moor of Icirrus in Black and White 2, whose only Pokemon was an Emolga with Double Team and Discharge. I had six Pokemon with me (one was an HM slave Sunkern though, so it doesn't count). I managed to hit Emolga once (first attack missed), but after that he boosted all the way to +6 in my face, and then swept my entire team with Discharge. Discharge was not anymore than a 2HKO on any of my Pokemon, but after he got up two Double Teams, I didn't hit him a single time.

Christ, I was mad.

Does anyone but me think that Marshel was the hardest trainer in B/W ? and honestly, it is just that mienshao that causes me to think that. It was the only thing capable of outspeeding my hydregion smashing krookodile the second time round ... other then alder's accelgor, which used me first

N was pretty hard in BW2 (he can be battled post-game). His Pokemon were very high leveled, plus the team changes depending on the season: Rain for spring, Hail for winter, Sun for summer, and Sand for autumn. I remember losing half of my team to his Ninetales. Fire Blast boosted in the sun and LO just hurts like a bitch! My Samurott was able to sweep him in the end, but I would've lost if his Ninetales outsped and used Solarbeam.

And the battle with Lance in FireRed and LeafGreen was insane. He would spam Hyper Beams like crazy! It took me 3 tries before I finally beat him. Lance is just brutal in those games, imo. :p

I don't know if it ever happened to you, but for me, the hardest ever is Winona's Altaria in Emerald. And it was like 3 months ago ._.

Seriously, all of her pokemon are easy with just Manectric, but then comes Altaria, with DD, Aerial Ace, EQ, and Dragonbreath... One DD and it's game over... My team at the time consisted on something like Blaziken, Manectric, Aron, Pelipper, and 2 others I can't remember. I had to paralyse it with TWave, Revive Blaziken thrice and score a Crit with Double Kick... Tried like twelve times... And she made me feel like a complete n00b :(

I realize this was a lot easier than it was for me but Yellow Surge was the hardest fight for me because I felt bad about him only using one pokemon so I felt compelled to be like ash and battle him one on one with pikachu, like our hero I lost (my others probably could have beaten him but it was pikachu wins or nothing) did some training fought again got incredibly lucky with para and a crit but still lost at that point I got mad at my yellow and played silver instead gsc was considerably easier including red

Misty was pretty tough, it was tough if you didn't pick Bulbasaur or Squirtle, who could either fire off super effective hits of their own or resist Misty's attacks, respectively. Starmie would just keep spamming water pulse and confusing all my Pokémon until they fainted, it was pretty tough.
And don't even get me started on Whitney's miltank.

Misty was pretty tough, it was tough if you didn't pick Bulbasaur or Squirtle, who could either fire off super effective hits of their own or resist Misty's attacks, respectively. Starmie would just keep spamming water pulse and confusing all my Pokémon until they fainted, it was pretty tough.
And don't even get me started on Whitney's miltank.
*Cough Trade Machop Cough*

You know, not a lot of people have mentioned this guy:

THIS. I think I can honestly say that Evice is the single most difficult boss I've ever faced in the series. This guy is just ridiculously unfair in the situation you're put in. Colosseum has very limited options to start with, meaning that you don't have the freedom to use high-class pokemon normally available in games (like Gyarados), unless you use the Legendary Beasts. EVICE, on the other hand, has some of the most powerful pokemon of the generation on his side, AND they almost all have BOOSTING MOVES. Seriously, he has a Dragon Dance Salamence! What the heck?! To make matters even worse, if both his "King" pokemon get out on the field at once, Slowking will Skill Swap Truant off Slaking! And then you have to deal with THAT monster!

But the absolute worst part about him... HIS POKEMON ARE IN THE 60'S! At that point of the game your pokemon are probably in their high 40's or low 50's. His levels are just so much higher than even the boss before him!

Oh, and just a personal thing, I was really mad when I found out that Nascour wasn't the final boss. I struggled with this guy for so long...

Sorry, got off on a rant there. Just wanted to show just how much of a pain he is.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
False sense, to be honest colo was my first game and I beat Evice pretty easily. I think that Nascour was harder actually.

Alternatively, *Cough Geodude Cough*

Seriously, I never understood what the big deal was about Whitney's Miltank. That thing can't touch Geodude.
I know right? Onix can help a lot too. Screech that Miltank 3 times and it becomes crap in defense.

Clay on b2w2 in challenge mode was an ass to me, only because I had nothing to hurt his Excadrill with, I started with Snivy. I had to buy X items and stall out his Excadrill with Leech Seed.

Alternatively, *Cough Geodude Cough*

Seriously, I never understood what the big deal was about Whitney's Miltank. That thing can't touch Geodude.
It depends on how much preparation you do for Gym Leaders - when I was younger, this was mostly "level them up a few times". So the first time facing a Gym Leader with a good Pokémon could be a culture shock - the typical route of "I'll just use my starter and maybe the odd one or two others for support" doesn't work. The "just use Revives" trick doesn't work either because you won't have that much money at that stage and trying to stall with Revives against Rollout (i.e. exponential Moxie) can be painful.

Of course, Miltank can flinch hax Geodude and Machop to oblivion, which once happened when I used Machop against it.

Attract + Stomp + Rollout + Milk drink ? Overpowered ! And Miltank is a "fully evolved " Pokemon with nice stats (95/80/105/40/70/100).

I've been haxxed so many times with Attrack + Milk Drink ...

In HGSS, she has Lum Berry ! :(

I've lost only one time to Miltank in several runs, but she's a pain in the ass

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Does anyone but me think that Marshel was the hardest trainer in B/W ? and honestly, it is just that mienshao that causes me to think that. It was the only thing capable of outspeeding my hydregion smashing krookodile the second time round ... other then alder's accelgor, which used me first
Marshall was the only E4 member that I actually had to play around. Purely because his offence is so strong. Stone Edges and strong Karate Chops/Dynamic Punches etc can rip though most standard stuff unless you are really defensive.

The other 3 elite 4 in BW were never much of a problem. Caitlin's stupid Reuniclus can cause issues due to TB/FB spammage which hits a lot of stuff for good damage and its super hard to OHKO (Especially if you are a few levels down).

Mack the Knife

Goodbye Smogon! I may return, I may not!
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The hardest npc for me was whitney. I thought having female pokemon meant i wasn't man enough. (I was 10). So I tried and i lost about 5 times until my Croconaw managed to get a crit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)