Hardest Relative NPC

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Jupiter in Galactic's Eterna HQ has a Skuntank with Night Slash, something it's not supposed to learn many levels later, so along with its bulk, it's a pretty hefty opponent given its placement in the game.

Also, in RBY, one of the grunts within Mt. Moon had a Raticate, which along with Quick Attack and Hyper Fang did a good job at putting pressure on everything whose name wasn't Geodude. I think they removed it in FR/LG though.

Have you ever wondered which genius though it was a good idea to let Giratina have Omnious Wind and Ancient Power in one moveset? The real nusiance is catching it, not beating it. It being immune to False Swipe does not help.

Have you ever wondered which genius though it was a good idea to let Giratina have Omnious Wind and Ancient Power in one moveset? The real nusiance is catching it, not beating it. It being immune to False Swipe does not help.
That, and it has a very sexy 3 catch rate to boot. ;_; it's almost a consideration as to whether you want to master ball it or not, given that platinum has like 5 roamers...

i actually did not have too much of an ordeal capturing giratina tbh ouo
i guess i was lucky. kyurem was /such/ a beast in my black, though - it was destroying my team so badly that i had to master ball it, although i wasn't planning on it.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Jupiter in Galactic's Eterna HQ has a Skuntank with Night Slash, something it's not supposed to learn many levels later, so along with its bulk, it's a pretty hefty opponent given its placement in the game.

Also, in RBY, one of the grunts within Mt. Moon had a Raticate, which along with Quick Attack and Hyper Fang did a good job at putting pressure on everything whose name wasn't Geodude. I think they removed it in FR/LG though.
I don't think that Rocket Grunt got removed, I think he got a Rattata instead of Raticate.

For me, the hardest trainers would have to be Misty (Although that might be because I always start with Charmander) and Iris in BW2. The only way I could beat her was PP stalling her Archeops by spamming revives and full restores. That was not fun. The second time I battled her I was trying to get the medal for beating the Pokemon league with 1 mon (Level 100 Lucario ftw) and I had to use the King's Rock for flinchhax to get past her Focus Sash Haxorus. I must have resetted about 15 times before I finally beat her.

On an unrelated note, on my last Emerald run I OHKO'd all of Winona's mons by using Azumarill's def. curl and rollout. Now I can see why Whitney's Miltank is so hard to beat. Wallace was also really easy for me because I had a Gardevoir w/ Thunderbolt.

Which reminds me, I used a single Pokémon to clear the Pokémon League in Black 2...a whopping ten times. One of which I filmed for YouTube (Tepig, for story mode; link here); the other nine were as follows: Pikachu, Cinccino, Scyther, Hydreigon, Abomasnow, Terrakion, Excadrill, Gengar, and Starmie. They all finished at or near Level 100. The combined reset counter for all of those I don't even remember anymore, thanks mostly to Sturdy Ability (Sawk) and Focus Sash (Haxorus).

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Holy this RBY Grunt was the worst. I couldn't get past him the first couple times so I evaded him. Never beat him, it was so ridiculously overpowered...

Other than Misty. Steven was a bastard I remember being in 5th grade and not knowing what the hell Cradily was weak too, I got the claw fossil so I had no idea he was a fossil mon. It wasn't until I just happened to click Ice beam with swampert that it clicked. Then of course the bulky SOB lived and killed my pert.

Whitney's Miltank, being fairly new to the game (I was better than all my schoolmates) I got murdered by the cuddly evil cow. My team of a level 30 Bayleaf got the bajeezusus out him, I then caught a ditto who out rolled the cow of doom. My two way overleveled pokemon then carried me through the game until I got ho oh, who just beat everything

Kotaro can be a major pain in Conquest if you take too long to beat the mission. I am currently playing motochika's level and Kotaro's hydreigon is twice as strong as Nobunaga's! Samurott is the only thing that can live more than two dragon pulse's from that thing. I have a guy with a leavanny I use to beat it at times before but now my god that thing is OP.

Talk about Iris in BW2... An Eviolite Swords Dance Dewott swept her. (Dewott's level was on par with Iris.)

Ok I don't have a specific NPC, but actually a whole group of them. Round 2 of the Gym Leader Tower in the original Pokemon Stadium. Without using Amnesia Mewtwo or cheats... holy hell it's hard. I hadn't played in over ten years, then decided I'd build a team and do it for shits and giggles... so far no giggles.

Perhaps the toughest NPC is Rayquaza in Emerald, what sets it apart from Giratina? Outrage + Rest. Either it rested away ALL the damage you did to it, or it killed itself in confusion.

The first time in Emerald that I ran into Norman, I spend forever trying to pass him... I think that was the day I learned how awesome Shedinja was/is.

Other than that, I would have to say the only other troublesome NPC that exists is the damn jerks that carry Bronzor in D/P/PT. You meet them alot, and the only way to take out their damn Bronzor's quickly is to use a fire type move.... Which, if you didn't choose the fire starter, and if you don't like/can't get Ponyta, you're kinda walled in long stall wars till you get TM Flamethower. :l

Wobbuffets. It's not really that bad.
Yes, but why waste a Master Ball on a legendary that doesn't run away? I mean sure, you could use Wobba and sit there for 50 something turns and try to catch it, but why not just chuck that Master Ball that you've been saving in your backpack to save yourself some time?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Cheren's Lillipup, for me, was the most difficult opponent in B2W2. Riolu doesn't get Force Palm until a massive grinding session, so you have no super-effective attacks. Meanwhile it mocks you and sets up Work Up on your face, then proceeds to Tackle you to death. The only reason I won was because of a crit.

Yes, but why waste a Master Ball on a legendary that doesn't run away? I mean sure, you could use Wobba and sit there for 50 something turns and try to catch it, but why not just chuck that Master Ball that you've been saving in your backpack to save yourself some time?
why not just abuse cloning glitch
of course

why not just abuse cloning glitch
of course
Think of it this way, *I believe you have to catch or kill Rayquaza as part of the story line*(I haven't replayed Emerald's story line in awhile) which is before you can do the cloning glitch. Unless legendary pokemon respawn in gen 3 after you kill them(which I believe they don't), you can't catch Rayquaza after the E4 and clone Master Balls in the Battle Tower.

*I think, I am not sure.

You don't need to catch Rayquaza. Master Ball on Rayquaza is what I usually do though, as Rayquaza shits all over the E4 due to being horribly overlevelled (lv70 vs. lv50+? lolwin)

Think of it this way, *I believe you have to catch or kill Rayquaza as part of the story line*(I haven't replayed Emerald's story line in awhile) which is before you can do the cloning glitch. Unless legendary pokemon respawn in gen 3 after you kill them(which I believe they don't), you can't catch Rayquaza after the E4 and clone Master Balls in the Battle Tower.

*I think, I am not sure.

In Emerald, yes, you must summon Rayquaza at the Sky Pillar to calm Kyogre and Groudon in Sootopolis as part of the story. After their battle stops, it returns to Sky Pillar and can be caught anytime you're ready. You COULD catch it before the Elite 4 to beat them easily, OR you could beat them normally and save your Master Ball for cloning to catch Groudon, Kyogre, your Lati, and the Regis, as well as Rayquaza.

The Hoenn Elite 4 is a joke anyway, so I keep my Master Ball. The only thing challenging about them is their liberal use of Double Team.

The Hoenn Elite 4 are jokes, besides, I'm traditional in the sense that I save my one and only MasterBall for the damn Lati. Regi's, Groudon, and Kyougre are not difficult to catch when compared to the Lati's and Rayquaza.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)