Harry Potter Mafia II - Game Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
oh hey, i heard those jokes before. they were in austin powers: the movie that sucked hard so please don't mention it again. i THINK that was the austin powers it was in....either that or spy who shagged me.

I know that this phrase is rather symbolic, but is there really no-one who can tell me what it means?
Seems fairly obvious... You are trying to let us know that you were hit by a role that picks people's pockets to read their letters. That doesn't give us any info on whether you are student or mafia, whether the other role is student or mafia, or whether you are even telling the truth that some did "enlighten" your pockets....

And that phrase is symbolic of what?!

Night 2 has ended.

There had been two deaths in the first twenty-four hours of this school year, and everyone was sure that they would be next. However, nearly everyone found themselves alive during the morning, and confidentially went down to the Great Hall to see who else was that lucky.

Turns out Shiney wasn't. He lied down on the cold floor, with huge eyes and the obvious shocked expression. They seemed to scream: "why would they come after me?", and when Dumbledore turned out his pockets it turned out that was indeed a good question. Everyone in the Great Hall had read it at least once before, and for some that was twice.

Shiney, You are a Student.
You are allied with Hogwarts.

As if the homework from all these classes weren't enough, you now have to keep up your guard even outside of your lessons due to the threat of the corrupt Ministry of Magic and Voldemort's Death Eaters infiltrating inside the castle. Your only hope is situated in the Great Hall. Every morning, you get to cast a vote on that person you think is up to evil deeds. Beware that everyone else in the hall will do so as well, so be careful with accusations! The person with the most votes will be executed. At night, you will obviously sleep, or pray that someone comes to your aid.

Someone would have to pay for killing an innocent pupil. There was no time for grief. It was time for a lynch.

Day 2 begins.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Someone will have recieved the results of the inspection. I'd urge that person to get in contact with me so I can pass on the info to you all and keep you anonymous.

Also, thank you bodyguard. If you'd like to contact me also, we can coordinate further.

Toothache

Let the music play!
Looks like I was right, someone else does recieve the information after each night. That means we have another ally, but there are still more of you who haven't contacted me, and you know that you can trust me.

It also means (to you mafia people) killing me will be useless since someone else will get the info anyway, at the end of the day I'm only a student, who knew one other student and that's it

Max is a Ministry of Magic member. What's interesting is he's in Ministry Unit 2, which could lead us to believe that not all the Ministry members know each other. Very curious. Perhaps the same is true of the Death Eaters.

Lynch Max

Ok, I will have to agree that Toothache was right the first time, however we can't hastily jump onto the next person, I will await Max's Rebuttal before I make any decision on this.

Toothache

Let the music play!
I can understand a bit of caution. But then again, I know who the inspector is checking each night. The odds of someone false claiming the result is pretty low, especially with the new information about the different units of Ministry (at least two, probably not more than that).

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've spoken to Tooth, and there's no reason not to trust him.

@Ghandi: Consider this. He was right the first time. That means he's either right or wrong this turn, no? If we lynch max and he's wrong, then there's no reason for bg or any of us to try and protect him, meaning he's dead, either this night or the next day.

If he's right though, that's one more mafia down and +1 trust to tooth.

Lynch Max

Yes Toothy, I fully agree with you, but who is to say you are not a death eater? Both time's you've aimed for the ministry and thus you're allegiance can lay with either Death Eater or Student.

Now I am not stating we should all accuse Toothache, he hasn't steered us wrong, however I need more proof in order to vote Max.

Ok, I will have to agree that Toothache was right the first time, however we can't hastily jump onto the next person, I will await Max's Rebuttal before I make any decision on this.
^Premium evidence that you are Ministry too? We'll have to wait and see if you do vote for Max I suppose. Don't leave it too late though Ghandi, or else it will be seen as an attempt by a Ministry member to make the best of a bad situation ie. waiting until it is certain that one more vote either way won't make a difference to the result, but might make you look like a student.

Personally, I think that there's no point waiting to hear from Max, if Toothache says he has been inspected and proven as Ministry.

One more thing, if Toothache is in fact lying, and he isn't in contact with the inspector and other student roles, then why hasn't one of these roles, or a spokesperson for the roles, come forward to say that Toothache is not in fact student? It wouldn't make sense for anyone that is actually student and knows that Toothache isn't student to stay quiet.

Lynch Max

Toothache

Let the music play!
It's quite simply this - I wouldn't have recieved the information that I did from Night 1 if I wasn't a student. Nor would the second person who did so from Night 2. If I was a Death Eater, and I'd recieved this sort of info, I'd have kept it to myself and the other DEs rather than share it for everyone to see.

To be completely honest I'm very slightly suspicious of Toothache. I could see a smart mafia player like Obi starting a bandwagon against one of their own and creating a figurehead as a rallying point (that's what happened the last two games, though both times they were cits), since that's generally the most effective way of cits allying in these games due to the presence of a bg.

Then again, I thought the same thing about Mekkah in Saw mafia, and I turned out to be wrong then. Killing off two members of their own faction would also be a pretty risky move. If Max is Ministry, then I'd say it's fairly safe to say Toothache is clean.

@Ghandi: If he's a Death Eater, how has he hit Ministry both times? I suppose it's possible that Death Eaters could have an inspector of their own, but...meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)