Harry Potter Mafia II - Post-game Discussion

Giving him an idea for a fake role was all I could do. I've been very nice to Kira in this game in general, which is odd considering he's been grinding my (and evan's) nerves by changing his Day 1 vote somewhere between 20 and 30 times, constantly trying to "test for innoncence", offering to post screenshots of his convo's with Toothache even after warnings and clear rules...

On another note, Zephyrman (Arthur) tried to inspect himself night one so that whoever received info would see he's clean. I hadn't excluded he could do that in the initial PM but I refused to accept it anyway. He and Tooth found each other anyway.

Basics, Pat and a few others are never allowed in my mafia games again.

I thought this was pretty humorous:

(from Night 2)
[x] Fudge (Thunderpup) for a kill: Karrot (failure, protected)
[x] Fudge (Thunderpup) for a letter: Hipmonlee (failure)

[x] Pomfrey (Hipmonlee) for protection: Karrot

EDIT: Dak, Sunday PMed Kira which revealed like three people with symbols. Pim PMed him as well who was another, and he knew of the two dead ones. porygon3 was the last one.

EDIT2: Also, this was a nice test to see what happens if bg can protect himself. I think it requires something of a limit, like not twice in a row...

Most enjoyable moments were:
- aamto (Voldemort) discovering he died and flooding IRC AAAAAA I WAS WORKING WITH CAPTKIRBY ALL ALONG (he was, and it was going great until Thunderpup killed him)
- the night 2 passage above
- Adamant_Torterra (Ministry) effectively lynching himself
- Shiv (Snape) dying on night one with one of the coolest roles in existence (he would switch to Death Eaters if Lily died by lynch)

Oh... well Pim told me it was the mark of the students... as in all the students.

Also Mekkah: I offered to post screens only if they were allowed. Since they weren't it was clear that I could not do that. I did not think that was against the rules to make it SEEM like I HAD screenshots... since I wouldn't be able to share them anyway.

Also sorry about the vote changing day 1... it did make me seem like a confused student though.

Btw: I only did one innocence test and you said it was ok to do... I asked you before I did the symbol test... unless you are referring to somethng else I did... in which case, I dont know what you are referring to

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Karrot: Nobody suspected me because I was able to make myself seem innocent.
I had a discussion with Toothache a few days after he died. Toothache suspected you highly, as did I after I reviewed your posts. I would have posted a suspicion if I wasn't dead (especially as the students began dying at the very end)!

You were pretty far from innocent in my eyes, but then again, I am a smart person.

EDIT:
I know that this phrase is rather symbolic, but is there really no-one who can tell me what it means?
If you're talking about a "blazing symbol" that you received by PM, a lot of people has gotten that, but no one knows for sure what it means.[/quote]

Ok, thank you. Just wondering, are all that got it normal students? (Do you know so? xD) If so, it may be something similar to the Galleon's used for communication by the DA?

Oh, and could you tell me how many "a lot" are?[/quote]
I would have responded to him, but I was dead by then. =( So basically, I gave him false information on accident.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
It was the way galahad accused kira though, he was just trying to discredit someone without adding any information.. It just made it obvious he was mafia..

Honestly, the Ministry at the end really made themselves targets.. Which in turn made kira a lot more believeable.

Have a nice day.

Oh... well Pim told me it was the mark of the students... as in all the students.

In my humble opinion, Pim did a pretty poor job PMing you. I thought he was smarter considering he was one of the few who actually did something with the orbs.

Also Mekkah: I offered to post screens only if they were allowed. Since they weren't it was clear that I could not do that. I did not think that was against the rules to make it SEEM like I HAD screenshots... since I wouldn't be able to share them anyway.

The rule about foolproofing innoncence was already there. Common sense would have told you that it wasn't allowed.

Also sorry about the vote changing day 1... it did make me seem like a confused student though.

Yes, I suppose that's what made Ministry not kill you - you seemed usable for bandwagons even if they made little sense.

Btw: I only did one innocence test and you said it was ok to do... I asked you before I did the symbol test... unless you are referring to somethng else I did... in which case, I dont know what you are referring to

I am more mad about the fact you used the information you gathered after I told you the test was not OK (I did approve it at first), and that you proceeded to mention it once or twice even after that.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I dont see what the issue with the symbol test was, now that I know about it. Nobody genuinely knew what the symbol meant, and it could have resulted in the death of a student..

And its not like you can pretend to not know something you already know..

Have a nice day.

Well how could I not use the info? It's not like I can wipe the memory that Porygon3 was clean from my mind...

In fact only two people pm'ed me for the test.

The GTS lynch was started before the test became illegal so it wasn't like I could magically stop it... well I could but that wouldn't have been a smart move.

Also Fishin mentioned the mark as well, but he did so after the test and on his own free will... so that hardly counts.

EDIT: Dak, Sunday PMed Kira which revealed like three people with symbols. Pim PMed him as well who was another, and he knew of the two dead ones. porygon3 was the last one.
Really? That's cool. I mentioned it to tooth but he never responded so I wasn't sure if it was anything important. Than Kira did that test thing and I thought every student had it.

Your line about not being sure whether I should tell others made me decide to keep it to myself though.

edit: Kira, the moment you accused me I was about to call you out (I had it typed out and everything), but by that point it was too late into the daytime :( if there had just been more time I could have done it since you knew I was clean and it was obvious you weren't when you accused me, obviously you were trying to get attention away from yourself. But yeah not enough time

I didn't know it was you and melon though, I thought the other was actually Hip for awhile since it really seemed suspicious how you kept talking about him.

You were the only other one I could accuse... I mean Hip was proven clean far too many times, and I could sell Melon out.

Thinking back I shouldnt have said anything about you until after Extra was killed. It made it look like I knew Extra was going to be clean.

I'm so glad I killed aamto.

:)

Dak was amazing that game, but the rest of the ministry kept KILLING THEMSELVES by making dumb remarks. Plus obi was SO unlucky at the beginning.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
I would also like to note how grateful I am that I was given a role that could protect itself. Supermods in forum mafia games do not have great life expectancies.

[edit] - obi drew the inspection to himself.. Also he was obi, so he was probably going to be targeted anyway.

Have a nice day.

First, thanks to Mekkah and theBM for organising and running the game, it was very fun to play and then watch, after I died!

Second, fuck. The students lost after being in a seriously good position for a while. Nice job Kira. The whole thing about the foolproof innocence test that you had really served to cement your front as a student.

Yeah, I'll take credit for not allowing the test. Essentially it was a foolproof innocence test. Not necessarily a student test, but an innocence test nonetheless. Obviously things were a little bit different this time around than, say, Shiv's test last game, but the basic principle was still there.
Yeah, that was annoying. Did anyone have anything on me other than that test?

Mafia forums are generally the most fun, but Ministry in particular were hesitant to use theirs, though you guys did have an excellent list of people and their roles, etc. My favorite? Kira (Obviously really dumb student)
lol
That's basically the only thing that saved me from killing him when I became leader...

Regarding the letters, that was something I was really looking forward to seeing play out. Unfortunately I don't think GTS quite realised that his snatches would be far more useful in the early game, especially with a Hedwig running around. Same with Filch. Jackal had a really great plan set though, I was impressed. He was going to have GTS snatch all letters and get the inspection results and PM them to Toothache, ensuring that he would be marked clean. Of course, by this time Toothache had figured out that the letters only go to Fred and George and Jackal was sure to be lynched the next day. I was really hoping this would play out.
Me and Jackal figured that no one would do anything drastic early on, so we'd wait until a controversial post was made, and there was sure to be some letters sent.

The second use of my abillity was actually not used by me, I allowed Dackal to use my role, since I was away for the weekend.

I still don't know what that did.

Gosh I don't know what else to post. The first day's votes were obnoxious. Could none of you make up your minds? lol I swear I got like 10 different counts with someone different leading every time.
I changed my vote at least 20 times. I really had no clue.

That was a great game, and I really enjoyed it, even after my death.

Now, I posted this in the other topic, which is now locked, so I figure I'll repost it here:

Very well played, right from the beginning, kira. You managed to get in with toothache early, and persuade people the entire game you were with the students. In the end, as things winded down, it was clear there were going to be one of two results: 1) you kill off the remaining death eaters (being a student), by wiping out everyone on your suspected lists (which, in the end, had they been true, you would have had a 0% chance of failure, hitting at least one person before the DEs could knock the students down to two), or... 2) what happened. As you kept hitting students it seemed to be getting more and more likely that you were a DE, along with several "over-dramatics," most notably with the bg that you insisted needed to protect the right person when you were so "sure" that the four people you had on your list were clean, which had they been you would've been in a winning position regardless if you were a student. There's also the fact that (iirc) you only hit ministry and students while you were directing the kills, with limited DEs, and after a point, you stopped taking the initiative, instead letting someone else in the game pick a name from your list of "death eaters," then going along with it. If you want to know the truth, on the last lynch, if I was still alive, I would have lynched you (after going back through the posts, though, of course).

The PM I sent you (no mekkah, it did not and could not have influenced the game), was congratulating you on winning, basically, regardless of what camp you belonged to, before the game actually ended. I actually was already questioning you being a student at that point, but everyone else clearly believed you. So basically, it really didn't matter what happened at that point, as not only had you secured the people's trust, but you had also successfully implemented a backdoor for when you continued to hit students in your lynchings, to use as a way out when people actually realized what you were. It was quite genius, actually.

Anyway, it was a fun game, even after I died, and had to just follow along with the thread without posting. I'm looking forward to hopefully playing mafia again with you guys sometime in the future.

Nice game. I thought Kira was Hogwarts-allied for sure until near the end (mainly due to the second inspector rumor), once he started hitting nothing but students I got suspicious but I got killed so it didn't end up mattering. Losing too many important members before they could do anything really hurt Hogwarts in the end, I think.

Well-played game all around though, and I'm surprised I lived so long.

And I knew you were ministry... thats why I got Melon to kill you... why didn't you target me if you knew what I was? I was clearly starting to destroy the ministry.

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
And I knew you were ministry... thats why I got Melon to kill you... why didn't you target me if you knew what I was? I was clearly starting to destroy the ministry.
I tried to, noone believed me and we targeted someone else.

Was I that obvious...

Not right away... and when did you say I was a DE to anyone?

I realized you could be a ministry when Akuchi was one. You two were always REALLY eager to vote it seemed. So when Akuchi was a ministry I figured you were also one. It was mostly speculation, but I was right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)