Harry Potter Mafia II - Post-game Discussion

Mafia forums are generally the most fun, but Ministry in particular were hesitant to use theirs, though you guys did have an excellent list of people and their roles, etc. My favorite? Kira (Obviously really dumb student)
haha just saw that. that reminded me of pokemafia when i was galactic ;o and we thought kira was a really stupid TR and we killed him during the night and he was bg.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
haha just saw that. that reminded me of pokemafia when i was galactic ;o and we thought kira was a really stupid TR and we killed him during the night and he was bg.
Or in Saw Mafia when I was the Rapist and I thought Gorm and Monkfish were on a team together so I raped Gorm. He was our Psychic >.>

Anyway to be frank I didn't much like my role. Didn't do much in the game world becide chose one random each night. Couldn't speak much as I had to keep a low cover. Tried to recruit People I knew had roles and nothing happened (Hip). Deleted some PMs and tried to recruit the same person two nights on a row. Died. :(

Still, awesome game Mekkah & Evan.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I found someone had this "orb" thing, but IMO it made them suspicious. I thought they had an activated role that would turn on us (as they were claiming to be student) so I actually was more inclined to kill the people than to recruit them.

EDIT: Yeah Fishin mentioned it too me, but nether didn't so I thought Fishin would turn on me or some shit for some odd reason o.O

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm surprised I lasted so long.

Anyway, great game, lots of twists. I'm surprised the student side did so well, only to have it turn around when Kira took over. But hey we were close.

Amazing game, best mafia, forum or otherwise, I have witnessed or been in.

Props to Toothache, for nearly uniting the student side and winning the game. Nearly. Props to Kira for fucking with everyone and winning from 2 - 9 or something which is pretty danm good. Also, I quite enjoyed the debate on Day 1. Overall, great game to everyone.

I thought Kira was Mafia but I was dead by the time it would matter anyway.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
good fucking game
and kira I knew you were DE

and I'd like DE to explain why they targeted me please
like, now
I had a gut feeling about you (random kill heh)
As it happened, it was my last kill as GTS took me out that night!

And yeah, I pretty much took Jackal out because he was on my shortlist and I'd had some experience with his craftiness before. You should take it as a compliment.

Toothache said:
I was surprised as anyone to find the Weasley bros knew more than just each other Thunderpup so I can understand your suspicion there. The information came from non other than Arthur Weasley.

Yes it appears there's a spy in the Ministry. Keeping the information in the family.
look at this quote mekkah, that's why we were thinking there is a spy.
arthur weasleys role description said he was a spy in the ministry so toothache probably thought he REALLY is one at first, that's why he posted it, i didn't want to make a mistake until i was sure so i told everyone to shut up and only gave jackal and ck the information, nobody except me knew who thunderpup was lol

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
[22:41:30] <Dak> we targeted him 3 times
[22:41:37] <@Hipmonlee> which of course means everyone is gonna target me
[22:41:37] <Dak> the first time was because i was killing big names
[22:41:42] <Dak> but i died the same time
[22:41:44] <@Hipmonlee> haha you asshole
[22:41:47] <@Hipmonlee> next forum mafia
[22:41:48] <Dak> so gts did not know i killed hip
[22:41:51] <@Hipmonlee> you are my target

All other big names, join with me to kill dak ok?

Have a nice day.

Your reunion was quick but not THAT quick. As far as I know CaptKirby PMed a bunch of doodles he liked that he was Ministry and found a DE, some Students and Dak (Ministry), and gsumbreon's group got a letter. akuchi's group was left in the dark for a while and Jackal's group was "there" but not actually trusted. Thunderpup apparently didn't feel like sharing info in fear of a spy (a rumor you made up yourself - nice one guys, evan and I were laughing our asses off), so they just considered Jackal Ministry for the time being but otherwise he and the the two randoms he was teamed with (sorry guys but you are) wouldn't be kept informed much.
I'm not random!!!

But yeah, it was annoying with them claiming I was this and that when I had the only Ministry role...

That was an amazing game, I'd say it took a lot of effort for Mekkah and TheBm to organize it and keep it gong. Hope you guys organize another one sometime. And that I'll survive longer then a few nights.

BK was responsible for the greatest kill, Toothache. He decided to trust his instinct and go after him, thus producing DE's greatest triumph, allowing Kira to take over.

BK is our god :P

Also, my screw-up was terrible, but luckily Tooth didn't realize i was the link with the Ministry until (Thunderpup, i'm looking at you).
And gotta thank Adamant_Torterra for protecting me at the cost of his own life, allowing me to set up dual student kills for a while :P

Edit: Actually, what was the test? I was trying to think how you could do a test as a non-student, and yet find out who were students or not.

EditEdit: Just read through the ministry forums, I never realized i could be thought as a student acting with orders from Toothache. Also, i never sold out ThunderPup, i didn't even realize that someone sold him off, i just thought he was inspected. No wonder why the contact instantly broke off <.<

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Now that I know there is no Neville, it seems bizarre that karrot could possibly "accidentally" reveal that he is either Hermione or Neville.
=) It was my way of "bodyguarding" Toothache in the early game. An offensive defense if you will, much like an offensive stall team. It was in no way an accident. I was the reason Toothache probably lasted through the first three nights. I quickly found out my role was actually quite useless, contrary to what anyone else might say, as I'd have to be 100% certain that a particular role existed to get information on it. Perfect proof is provided in my first three researches listed in the first post of this thread (Neville, Hagrid, and Sirius).

I became quite anxious about my eventual death, though. I would constantly talk to Toothache on Smogon's mIRC (if anyone noticed I was on mIRC quite a lot during my living period of the game) about how to keep me alive longer, bu that was not the only thing we talked about. Toothache shared all his information with me, and before long I knew about such roles as Hedwig, COTH, and the existence of Arthur Weasley. By now I felt pretty useless, but I guess if I had stuck around longer I would have discovered the existence of Kingsley, Wormtail (as his mole-like abilities only protect his identity, not his role information), and Lucius Malfoy in that order. I guess that was the only fault in my little plan.

Now we all know the story of Karrot, also known as Pretty Fucking Hot Hermione (I did have a laugh when that appeared in my role description).

Gay Dak said:
look at this quote mekkah, that's why we were thinking there is a spy.
Would seem fishy to me that he revealed only one Ministry at the time when he was in danger of dying 24/7. Would seem fishy to begin with that I'd put such a role in.

Hip said:
Maybe 6 people wasnt really enough to make it worthwhile..
That's why it was seven.

Karrot said:
I was the reason Toothache probably lasted through the first three nights. I quickly found out my role was actually quite useless
I'm sorry you felt that way, but evan and I felt the great need to nerf the psychic role that dominated the shit out of Saw and HP I. I didn't want to leave everyone completely in the dark in a game where roles were hidden, but on the other hand, I wasn't going to make these inspections easy, so I used pretty odd roles, not even close to main characters.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Oh well. In the end I was playing my 2nd favorite type of Mafia style: suicidal devotion.

I'd like to relate this game to Death Note. In the end, "Kira" was successful, although after "L" died the story kind of sucked.

This was a brilliant game guys, well played all.

Death Eaters:

Aamto: You were a good leader and helped us to find our feet, but why didn't you give us the names of the ministry you supposedly communicated with? Surely you knew you would be betrayed. =l

The Lexx: Thanks for being dead weight Kira could sell out to gain some trust. =[

Mastadi: See The Lexx =[

Ghandi1988: You were a good player, always looking into things in depth. You dying quite early was annoying. =]

Gormenghast: The best leader we had. =D

Ae Sakura / Amelia : Well, you played a risky game, but got us some valuable information before your death. =]

[.darkie] : You left, why? =/

Blue Kirby : Brilliant player, been along side you in both mafias and you've performed brilliantly. =D

Pat : Fuck, this guy had an awesome role, and could've almost won the game single handedly, if he were active enough. Scary to know we had a mole though. =S

KIRA : Fuck yes, well played. You played an extremely risky game, but did brilliantly at it. Well fucking done. =D =D =D

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your reunion was quick but not THAT quick. As far as I know CaptKirby PMed a bunch of doodles he liked that he was Ministry and found a DE, some Students and Dak (Ministry), and gsumbreon's group got a letter.
Unless I miscounted, I had a few groups worked out with Thunderpup. There was no need to send a letter to all of them, since we still needed to fish for the last group. At least that's what I assumed the plan was, but as I said, I didn't stay interested after I died.

Yeah.

Jackal was helping me the most. Max got us all connected, though, since like Dak said, we weren't sure if there was a spy.
Except how I outed myself to aamto, gormenghast, jc_rcw, and then finally found Dak

aamto (Voldemort) discovering he died and flooding IRC AAAAAA I WAS WORKING WITH CAPTKIRBY ALL ALONG (he was, and it was going great until Thunderpup killed him)
That was the best. I would not have even been mad if the Death Eaters won because it was so fun. (Stupid Thunderpup) aamto and I were responsible for that double night where Karrot and whoever else died, which was our biggest triumph for sure.

Also Dak, I like how I NEVER told a lie until the Zephyrman thing, and then ended up getting the inspector of all things. If anyone who was not ministry cares, I made up some ludicrous story about Zephyrman being SUPER POWERFUL Harry Potter or something. I made up something about how he had a really useful but utterly emasculated role at the same time so that he would not be broken. The only other lies I told were that Hipmonlee was an ally, which failed, and to tell Batpig someone was trying to kill him, which was mostly just to try and see if he was worth killing (and to be mean since Batpig thinks I hate him!).

I'm so glad I killed aamto.

:)

Dak was amazing that game, but the rest of the ministry kept KILLING THEMSELVES by making dumb remarks. Plus obi was SO unlucky at the beginning.
Yeah screw you. Also most of the ministry was so dumb, although I am too lazy to go back and point out or try to recall the reasons and persons. Everyone but Dak and Max and me and Jackal and Obi probably so the other 9!! Although maybe I am forgetting someone else.

Gosh I don't know what else to post. The first day's votes were obnoxious. Could none of you make up your minds? lol I swear I got like 10 different counts with someone different leading every time.
I made up my mind..to protect valiant AAMTO in the Voldemort-Ministry alliance! So I think I did not vote :)

Kira, it had nothing to do with hating you. We thought you were just being really dumb (which you were and I was ABSOLUTELY going to try and vote you off until RETARD AE SAKURA THE WORST USER IN THIS ENTIRE GAME screwed me over when I had nothing to do with him, let alone any 'betrayal' since I was sticking with aamto no matter what; this kind of goes with Jackal's post about death eaters taking us down I suppose)

Now that I think about it the best part of the game was when Adament Torterra was lynched...
After my personal hilarious moments, that was next best.

I can't believe the Ministry fell for my ploy about Hairyama... I actually named him as my fellow Death Eater, so that they would trust me more.
Also, I love the part where i said CK was the one i PMed, when i was actually talking to Thunderpup. He got so angry, that i decided it would be safer to not even talk at all :P
We (and by me I mean me and the smart ones) never accepted that he was, it was obviously an 'was AE Sakura really that dumb or not' type of thing. I am still angry though!! I did not reply to it angrily until I was already getting bandwagoned though, since obviously I wanted to live.

actually aamto
I did consult dak, who said "it doesn't sound like a bad idea"
CK never told anyone else who his contact was and wasn't online at all.

edit: amelia we didn't fall for it one bit
in fact we KNEW he was student
I sold you out to tooth
ahahahaha
Dumb Thunderpup I am online all the time you idiot, but I am not angry at you because at least you killed damp AE Sakura.

The moment aamto told me he was killing Shiney (this was on IRC) CaptKirby said in the main chat that if he was mafia, he would kill Shiney. I thought he was framing him, but looking back on it that isn't logical since they were best buddies.
I do not even remember what it was, but the only reason I wanted to kill Shiney was because of irc mafia, so no one took me seriously on it anyway.

Aamto: You were a good leader and helped us to find our feet, but why didn't you give us the names of the ministry you supposedly communicated with? Surely you knew you would be betrayed. =l
Because I would never have (and did not) betray him.

Mekkah, the main reason we were concerned about Arthur was because of the books, so maybe that is dumb, but we were concerned that if you took his role straight out of how he acts in the books that we were screwed.

So I was random killed... For a while I thought that the way I seemed to back up Toothache fairly easily had made someone put two and two together and get me as the inspector.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)