Harry Potter Mafia

It is currently Night 2.

Day 1 ended here.

Night 1 ended here.

Sign-up list here. Inform me if I missed anyone.

Reading everything here at least once is a very good idea if you don't want to screw up and break rules!

1. Ae Sakura
2. Dak
3. gmax
4. Blue Kirby
5. Portugeez
6. Pat
7. Cards of the Heart
8. cookie
9. mastadi
10. timw06
11. West
12. GreenPikachu
13. Gormenghast - Ministry Worker, lynched Day 1
14. Fishin
15. gsumbreon
16. Zephyrman
17. Toothache
18. Shiv
19. n3ther
20. blackshellbowser
21. D_Force
22. Max
23. TheBM
24. zerowing
25. vespa
26. Shiney
27. Doomsday
28. akuchi - Student, killed Night 1
29. Melon
30. COalex
31. Havak
32. aamto - Death Eater, killed Night 1
33. Judgement
34. [.darkie]
35. GTS
36. Hyra
37. CaptKirby
38. leafgreen386
39. Controller of Flames
40. Hipmonlee
41. Gouki
42. the Lexx
43. Zenigame
44. Lawman
45. Pidgeot79
46. batpig
47. Catamaran
48. Lord Gloom
49. Obi - Death Eater, killed Night 1
50. Jackal

Information

This game revolves around a battle between Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the corrupt Ministry of Magic (led by Cornelius Fudge) and the Death Eaters (led by Lord Voldemort, also known as Tom Riddle). All three groups have as their goal to defeat all other alliances to win the game.

The only roles everyone knows of are those named above as well as the regular Student, also known as "im pilager". The other ones you will have to discover along the way. I made no tests to see if they are balanced, but those of you who played before will be happy to know that I did not go overboard when it came to removing known roles or adding new ones.

If you have any questions about this information or the rules, and you honestly think I can answer them without giving away too much, do not hesitate to contact me via PM or IRC.

Rules

1. You do not copy+paste anything I tell you privately. This involves IRC, Smogon PM, any other sort of PM or message over an Instant Messager. This game isn't meant to have a foolproof method of proving what you are. In fact, it's the opposite. This rule also means you cannot screencap or anything to prove your role.

2. If you are dead, that means you are not alive. And by that, I mean you cannot talk about the game at all. If you're playing this game you should have the decency not to break this rule. You are dead from the moment I posted you are dead.

3. You are allowed to contact anyone involved in this game to talk about whatever you want and wherever you want.

4. The Ministry of Magic + Fudge know who is allied with them. The Death Eaters + Voldemort know who is allied with them.

5. During the day, anyone can vote. The person that gets voted for the most is lynched. You must bold or color your vote, or it won't count.

6. During the night, several "night roles" get to make their move. In the end, they all involve PMing me on the forums. Once the night ends, you can no longer use your power.

7. Day lasts until I say so. I will end the day when:
- everyone has voted
- more than half of the current alive population has voted for one person (at the start of the game, that means the minimum is 25)
- I think it's time to move on. This takes about 48-72 hours depending on how the discussion is going.

As long as I haven't officially ended the day yet, you can still change your vote. That means that even if everyone has voted, as long as I haven't posted yet, you can still change.

8. Nights last until
- everyone with a night role has moved
- ~48 hours have passed

If people are holding up my game without a good reason, I'll just cancel their night move for that night and move on. Don't do that.

9. For the most part, I will just be saying who is dead and who is not. I'm not going to announce why things did or didn't happen that way.

10. (NEWish!) Don't give out information to others anonymously. Use your forum account, use IRC, whatever, but the guy you talk to must know who you are in this game. Indeed, that means you cannot impersonate others either.

11. (NEWish!) Don't ask others to break rules.

I put quite a lot of work in setting this up and I'd like people to not ruin it. If you're going to do it anyway and I find out, I'll do my best to get your Firebot access removed.

I think that's about it. I'd like everyone to have an awesome game, I'll be sending the PMs with your roles right now. If there's a problem, I am always there. I will not talk strategies with anyone involved or interfere in the game without reason.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Awesome. Something nice to wake up to :D too bad Retro 0range didn't get in, but I'm still unsure if his account as been activated :(

I hope you and he can understand I didn't feel like waiting for that, especially since new users are the most prone to going inactive.

Anyway, the PMs should have arrived by now. Let's get this party started.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah it's fair enough, but I got him into the Saw Mafia when I was showing him how to play. So he was interested in playing this, but they'll be a next time I guess (Y).

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
okay im villy and im pretty sure aamto is mafia (probably ministry) from random irc conversations. cant be 100% certain though.

therefore id suggest that when we get the chance, we vote him out and see for ourselves.

also, note, bg itll be good if you can protect me :)

lastly, fuck im villager again :( lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)