Harry Potter Mafia

okay im villy and im pretty sure aamto is mafia (probably ministry) from random irc conversations. cant be 100% certain though.

therefore id suggest that when we get the chance, we vote him out and see for ourselves.

also, note, bg itll be good if you can protect me for the first round till i prove im right lol!

lastly, fuck im villager again :( lol
Here's my argument.
What if you were mafia? You would be asking the students to lynch aamto, and if aamto is a student, we're one man short (read: start of saw mafia). This will definately cause the students to have some disadvantage.

Then again, i guess for now it's 50/50 for me.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
don't you think people will end up doing a random bandwagon anyway? im just saying that from stuff he said on irc, i would suspect he's mafia. here's one thing he let slip if you still want to know:

[04:06:54] <aamto> i could prove that i am ministry or something else!

that sound good?

don't you think people will end up doing a random bandwagon anyway? im just saying that from stuff he said on irc, i would suspect he's mafia. here's one thing he let slip if you still want to know:

that sound good?
That changes my perspective (: Thanks.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
and if you think he was joking, he was like 'wait wait wait, what were the groups again right after that. he thought ministry was clean. if he isn't mafia though, i can't help but wonder how stupid he is.

No-one is that stupid. I suspect that you know he is innocent (do Inspectors get their power on the first night) and are trying to get us (the students) to kill him on your behalf. That would make you mafia and therefore a good target for our first bandwagon.

Avada Kadavra. (I think that's how you spell it)

Assuming that's true, that sounds like some pretty solid evidence, and it's better than doing a random bandwagon =/

Of course, for all I know, this could be a "random" bandwagon attempt in disguise, and you're a mafia trying to kill off one of your enemies early instead of risking your own group to the bandwagon, and getting this in early.

Assuming similar ratios to saw mafia, I'd say hogwarts has about a 35-40% chance at randomly hitting a mafia if one of the mafias select a random target not among their own group. Not great odds, so if we're being fooled, we'll probably lose one of our own.

Shiv

mostly harmless
No-one is that stupid. I suspect that you know he is innocent and are trying to get us (the students) to kill him on your behalf. That would make you mafia and therefore a good target for our first bandwagon.

Avada Kadavra. (I think that's how you spell it)
hi tim-whoever. okay let me go at this a bit theoretically first.

if i WAS mafia, why the hell would i draw attention to myself before the daytime even started??

additionally, if i WAS mafia, why would i start a bandwagon and hence draw MORE attention to myself? don't you think i would just wait and vote for whoever is being voted? if it was my team, sure id try to defend them. sort of like what you're doing for aamto, do you realize that?

additionally, check this out: (more excerpts from our log)

[04:07:10] <aamto> wait how many groups are there
[04:07:12] <Shiv> 3
[04:07:15] <Shiv> death eaters
[04:07:16] <Shiv> ministry
[04:07:18] <aamto> and what are the broups
[04:07:19] <Shiv> students
[04:07:25] <Shiv> ministry and death eaters are mafia
[04:07:31] <aamto> are they really
[04:07:32] <aamto> rofl
[04:07:34] <aamto> uh oh

did you realize that people may confuse ministry to be good? i guess its a possibility isn't it?

lastly, ive already left a very subtle hint in the message where i first posted about aamto. any villager should be able to realize what it is and that will help me prove my villagerness.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
tim, I'm not sure how often you've played mafia, but you should know that as this is the first night, no one knows ANYTHING.

The only people who know something are the mafia and the mafia leaders. Any special powers, inspector, etc. will not have a chance to come into play until after the nighttime.

Edit: #cool is a discussion channel for the irc mafia found in #fluodome and is in no way related to Harry Potter mafia.

Shiv

mostly harmless
um thats for mafiabot which is on #fluodome. wc is world cup a pokemon tournament we host each year, one of the biggest there is. r3 means r3 of smogon tourn as that is when we plan to host it. did you see the date on that topic? if not here:

[02:45:10] * Now talking in #cool
[02:45:10] * Topic is 'what is this channel for || discussing new mafiabot roles || sweet deal || when do you want to do wc jackal? r3? || r3 is a good time, the fuss will have died down. Also gives us plenty of time to get a site going! || ok tell me when you talk to skarm and all that stuff.'
[02:45:10] * Set by Shiv on Thu Jan 10 20:05:26
[02:45:10] * ChanServ sets mode: +qo Shiv Shiv

that good enough?

Shiv

mostly harmless
and bg, really protect me because i want to live after night one at the very least.

edit: inspector, for a variety of reasons, it would be good if you inspected toothache. and if he did turn out to be mafia, maybe you could email me with an alt email address or something telling me that he is? (that is, if you aren't certain on my being clean yet).

Shiv

mostly harmless
okay then, you cant do that inspector! but inspect toothache anyway and i urge you to pm me if he's mafia or something. i can guarantee that im villy as ive been proving in this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)