hate you nattorei... long standard OU warstory

hello, i'm komoku and i'm fairly new to competitive battling. i battled in mid-gen 4 and stopped soon after sala was banned. started back up when 5th gen came out, so now you know my experience level.

this battle took place on smogon's PO server. i finally decided to stop being stubborn and register my name (previously i got to 1187 on the ladder but lost them due to my name not being registered). and wouldn't you know my first battle turns out to be a very tough one that i could've lost at any moment.

when the battle begins, i don't notice my opponent's name(i tend to do this frequently) and through the ENTIRE battle i don't focus on the name of my opponent so i will remove his name throughout the logs until the end so you can really get into my thoughts as i played this battle.

my team:

my opponent's team(i give this to you now because wifi clause basically spoils the surprise and so i knew his team going in):

Battle between komoku and ANON started!

Tier: Standard OU
Variation: +68, -31
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

ANON sent out Heatran!
komoku sent out DARKRAI! (Darkrai)

100 %
vs
100%

ok first thoughts of my team must be "latios, chomp, rai, and skymin... uber n00b". and i'll give you that arguement, but the reason why is because i'm sick of getting defeated against them, so i'm gonna use the weapon of my enemy. Anyway, due to the wifi rule in effect, he saw my team and saw skymin in the lead position, so i assume he sends out tran for that reason. I send out darkrai because i saw gliscor on his team, so i thought he might try to send out gliscor in the off chance i decided to start with skarmory to try and taunt me. since rai's speed is so awesome, i immediately go for dark void knowing there is no roobushin waiting for me afterwards.

Start of turn 1
The foe's Heatran used Overheat!
DARKRAI lost 282 HP! (100% of its health)
The foe's Heatran's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
DARKRAI fainted!

KOed
roasted over the camp fire by
100%

FFFFFFUUUUUUUU it's a damn scarftran, which i should've expected honestly because if he was aiming for my skymin, then he needed the scarf to outspeed him or else eat an earth power in the face. 1st turn and i've lost a major offensive force from my team :( what's worse is that he is the only pokemon i have with stat boosting moves, so now i have to find a way to win without sweeping.
anyway... i send in my gyarados to force the switch.

komoku sent out GYARDOS! (Gyarados)

GYARDOS intimidates the foe's Heatran!
The foe's Heatran's Attack fell!

100%
vs
100%

This gyarados is a rest talker with waterfall and dragon tail. I know that sleep got nerfed this gen, but with so many new pokemon i don't know about, and with wide movepools, I need something to take status and also to haze. this gyarados does that for me as no one expects a sleep talker anymore, and also dragontail works well with entry hazards and is immune to taunt even though it foregoes the ability to roar away subs. Since it's early in the match, I want to scout the 1 thing left that is still hidden despite the wifi rule, the playing style of my opponent. so i will dragontail to see what pokemon he wants to use to counter my water dragon (he's a dragon, i don't care what anyone says)

Start of turn 2
ANON called Heatran back!
ANON sent out Nattorei!

GYARDOS used Dragon Tail!
The attack of GYARDOS missed!

100%
vs
100%

FFFFUUUUU again... hax rears it's ugly head for the first time (and unfortunately not the last). nattorei completely walls gya of course, and if D-tales had hit, then I would've kept some momentum after my rai loss, but alas it is not to be. Anyway, based on my experiences with nattorei, many of them carry thunder wave, and my only counter to bug/grass is latios with hidden power fire. but if i switch him in now, i risk paralysis, so I decide to D-tail to see what kind of nattorei he has.

Start of turn 3
The foe's Nattorei used Leech Seed!
GYARDOS was seeded!

It's not very effective...
The foe's Nattorei lost 6% of its health!
The foe's Nattorei's Iron Barbs hurts GYARDOS
The foe's Burungeru was dragged out!

GYARDOS restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
GYARDOS's health is sapped by leech seed.

88%
vs
100%

so it's a leecher eh? damn, those can be ridiculously annoying... D-tail hits and pringles is brought out. and yes, he will be called pringles from now on, i don't care what his real name is. from past experience with burungeru... i mean pringles <_<, they like to boil over my gya in hopes of burning him, or toxic to poison him. but if his pringles has toxic, he'll definitely use it over boil over so I D-tail again to see which one he runs.

Start of turn 4
ANON called Burungeru back!
ANON sent out Nattorei!

The foe's Scizor was dragged out!

76%
vs
100%

he decides to switch back to nattorei, which means he was expecting me to switch to avoid any status since he doesn't know i'm a rest-talker. scizor can't do any serious damage to me since i run impish with max HP and max def. with this spread, gya can survive almost all unboosted non-stab rock moves and it's even less if i switch him in to get intimidate first. I don't know what kind of set his scizor has, but i'm expecting a banded u-turn coming my way. knowing this, I want to get some damage onto scizor since it's a powerhouse to deal with in the late stages of a battle, and as i mentioned, the only poke i carry with a fire move is latios, who is weak to scizor's pursuit or u-turn. besides, latios cannot die until it has dealt with nattorei, so scizor needs to be dealt with first. i decide to waterfall to get some damage onto him.

Start of turn 5
GYARDOS used Waterfall!
The foe's Scizor lost 33% of its health!

The foe's Scizor used U-turn!
GYARDOS lost 80 HP! (20% of its health)
ANON called Scizor back!
ANON sent out Starmie!

50%
vs
100%

boltmie comes in to finally provide a threat against my tailing beast of a gya. 2 things can happen right now. 1. he outpredicts me and does one of her other moves besides thunderbolt, or 2. he wants to see my playing style as well, so he'll play the normal move and chance tactics later after he learns more about my team and my sets. so i decide to switch in chomp to negate the expected incoming bolt.

Start of turn 6
komoku called GYARDOS back!
komoku sent out GARCHOMP! (Garchomp)

The foe's Starmie used Thunderbolt!
It had no effect!

100%
vs
100%

my chomp is a scarfchomp with eq, outrage, stone edge, and fire fang. I have a difficult choice to make since i want his spinmie out of the way for skarmory to set up some rocks and spikes (i forego whirlwind for sr since gya is my hazer with d-tail.) but if i outrage now, he predicts and switches in nattorei, i waste my time while he gets his own hazards up. i decided to EQ to get stab in the hopes of KOing his starmie or doing critical damage, and this will also prevent me from getting locked into outrage incase he switches in nattorei. it's a risky play(and stupid, but at this point without my rai, i need to take some risks or else i can't win.) because he could have ice beam, but i decide to take the risk anyway hoping for either overpredict, or outright KO.

Start of turn 7
GARCHOMP used Earthquake!
The foe's Starmie lost 81% of its health!

The foe's Starmie used Surf!
GARCHOMP lost 222 HP! (62% of its health)
The foe's Starmie is hurt by its Life Orb!

38%
vs
9%

chomp survives and almost takes stupidmie out, but the 10 pointed ninja star barely survives with 9hp after life orb damage. with my scarf, i can ko it here and now next turn, so i decide to play the safe EQ and see if he wants to save his almost-deadmie

Start of turn 8
ANON called Starmie back!
ANON sent out Gliscor!

GARCHOMP used Earthquake!
It had no effect!

The foe's Gliscor's Toxic Orb activated!
The foe's Gliscor was poisoned!

38%
vs
100%

he does the smart move and brings in his scorpion-wannabe to negate my EQ. gliscors seem to like flinging that toxic orb at others cause they're terrible playmates who want to be mean, so i'll switch in my gya to absorb the status, and deal with any other move he might wanna try.

Start of turn 9
komoku called GARCHOMP back!

GYARDOS intimidates the foe's Gliscor!
The foe's Gliscor's Attack fell!
ANON called Gliscor back!
ANON sent out Heatran!

56%
vs
100%

no flinging of orbs this time, he brings in his tran maybe expecting skarmory or skymin, but faces gyarados, so the odds tip slightly in my favor. I could waterfall anyone he brings in, but i don't wanna risk pringles getting free food, and i know he's gonna switch so i decide to rest up and get my HP back to full.

Start of turn 10
ANON sent out Nattorei!

GYARDOS used Rest!
GYARDOS went to sleep and became healthy!

The foe's Nattorei restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

100%
vs
94%

FUUUU i wanted pringles to come in, not nattbutt to get more free hazards... :'( maybe sleep talk will D-tail his spikey butt away for me... please dtail!!!!

Start of turn 11
GYARDOS is fast asleep!
GYARDOS used Sleep Talk!
GYARDOS used Rest!
But it failed!

The foe's Nattorei used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of komoku's team!

100%
vs
100%

arg! really sux to waste 30% of your moves when you wanna use a rest talker. and worse that natto got up 1 layer of spikes... i carry no spinner, but at least 2 of my guys will just float over them, so it won't be too bad. ok sleep talk, one more time and this time get it right!

Start of turn 12
GYARDOS is fast asleep!
GYARDOS used Sleep Talk!
The foe's Starmie was dragged out!

100%
vs
9%

THATS RIGHT! TAKE THAT NATTO! but now we're back to starmie... even at 9% he can OHKO, and this time he'll be expecting garchomp. so the mindgames begin, and i wonder if i should finally bring in skymin to force some action (also, at this point if his starmie carries ice beam, then i'm completely destroyed, so i have to assume he doesn't and continue on knowing that if he does, i'll accept my loss)

Start of turn 13
komoku sent out SKYMIN! (Shaymin-S)

The foe's Starmie used Recover!
The foe's Starmie regained health!

100%
vs
59%

starmie recovers off some damage but now skymin can OHKO so he'll be switching. seed flare can hurt pringles and gliscor, so the logical conclusion is tran, but he doesn't know that my skymin isn't scarfed either, so he might want to scout a little and bring in nattorei. I decide to seed flare anyway to see how he plays, and if he does bring in natto, i'll have learned enough of his style to trap him next time.

Start of turn 14
ANON sent out Nattorei!

SKYMIN used Seed Flare!
The attack of SKYMIN missed!

100%
vs
100%

hax again... the damage loss isn't significant but i could've gotten some SpD drops and that would've really changed the momentum. in any case, he still doesn't know if i'm scarfed so I decide to not answer his nagging questions and switch in latios. since i now know natto's a leech seeder, I don't expect thunder wave, and latios is safe.

Start of turn 15
komoku called SKYMIN back!
komoku sent out LATIOS! (Latios)

ANON called Nattorei back!
ANON sent out Heatran!

100%
vs
100%

double switch = double fail for poor komoku. no move on latios hurts tran very hard. and my latios is a trick specs latios, so i can't trick on an item that he would want now can i? and draco meteor is out since it probably only does 50% damage while he could switch in pringles and later recover the damage. also, if i overpredict and use hp fire expecting scizor, then i would just boost trans fire moves and be locked into a terrible situation. time for my swiss army knife to come back into play.

Start of turn 16
ANON sent out Burungeru!

komoku called LATIOS back!

GYARDOS intimidates the foe's Burungeru!
The foe's Burungeru's Attack fell!

100%
vs
100%

pringles comes back but gya's there to deal with anything she tries. but I don't like where the battle is headed if were just switching around flippantly, so i want to lay some hazards to use d-tail to it's full potential. maybe i can bait starmie back out to spin them away, and take it out once and for all, leaving gya to wall his entire team like the boss he is.

Start of turn 17
komoku sent out SKARMORY! (Skarmory)

ANON sent out Nattorei!

100%
vs
100%

ok this is good. i don't care if he gets more spikes, i can finally get rocks up. hopefully he goes for spikes cause then i can switch to latios and later scare out starmie to take him out once and for all.

Start of turn 18
ANON sent out Starmie!

SKARMORY used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around ANON's team!

100%
vs
59%

or he could just bring it in now... i contemplate brave bird to maybe take it out right here, but a quick check of the calcs shows only 47.1-55.6% damage with brave bird, just short... darn... this is a big mistake on my part though, cause i don't factor in life orb recoil, so i could've taken the reigns of the battle right here without the threat of bolt against my great wall of kanto, gya. instead, i decide to bring in chomp, knowing he'll spin and run away like a scaredmie, but it'll add more damage to his team and maybe give me a window into some option i can't see yet.

Start of turn 19
komoku called SKARMORY back!
komoku sent out GARCHOMP! (Garchomp)
GARCHOMP is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Starmie used Rapid Spin!
GARCHOMP lost 16 HP! (4% of its health)
The foe's Starmie blew away Stealth Rock!

Start of turn 20
ANON sent out Nattorei!

GARCHOMP used Outrage!
The foe's Nattorei lost 24% of its health!
The foe's Nattorei's Iron Barbs hurts GARCHOMP

Start of turn 21
GARCHOMP used Outrage!
The foe's Nattorei's Iron Barbs hurts GARCHOMP
GARCHOMP fainted!

KOed
by butthurt barbs from buttorei
58%

CURRENT STATUS - 4-6
gyarados, skarmory, skymin, latios
vs
nattorei, heatran, starmie, gliscor, pringles, scizor

well, not like i didn't expect this. he does the same thing i predicted he would do the first time chomp was out, which was why i EQed but he decided to surf at that time, and this time he ruins me. this guy and his nattorei are so annoying... and of course he gets another layer of spikes... fuuuu... anyway... this time i get a free switch in so i'll bring in latios to scare his stupid natto away.

100%
vs
64%

at this point it's 4-6, he hasn't lost anyone yet i've lost rai and chomp. i'm really disillusioned right now and am ready to give up. so my mind stuck in this thinking reasons that he'll switch in pringles to take a draco meteor. going down this route, i want to switch in gya instead of draco meteor to get a chance for gya to sleep-talk D-tail and maybe stall enough turns to get gya awake and that way i've atleast accomplished something. not much of a plan, but i've seen his team and he has no stat boosting sweeper, so it's at least something to keep gya healthy and maybe stick to my original plan of taking out starmie somehow through bait.

Start of turn 22

GYARDOS intimidates the foe's Nattorei!
The foe's Nattorei's Attack fell!
The foe's Nattorei used Protect!
But it failed!

100%
vs
70%

or he could protect to scout what i'd do... protect+leech seed... that's rough. this is difficult cause now he can leech seed me again, and gya can't be out for too long. i'll bet 1 move to hope for the 30% chance of d-tail through sleep talk, hope i don't bring in starmie, and then i'd have a chance to wake up gya. if sleep talk decides to be gay, then i'll have to switch out to latios and play roulette until i get another chance for gya, or force him to finally make a real move and bring in starmie, leaving her open to attack.

Start of turn 23
GYARDOS is fast asleep!
GYARDOS used Sleep Talk!
GYARDOS used Rest!
But it failed!

GYARDOS was seeded!

88%
vs
87%

A;WEBGAO;WBGAOWGAO;BN WHY CAN'T I GET A BREAK!!! he gets leftovers PLUS leech seed back onto a pokemon that is a PAIN to beat. now those 2 outrages from chomp have all but disappeared... i'm ready to ragequit, so i sleep talk again hoping for D-tail, and if it fails, i don't care if i lose

Start of turn 24
GYARDOS is fast asleep!
GYARDOS used Sleep Talk!
The attack of GYARDOS missed!

82%
vs
100%

i... i just... T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T.........
ok, bright side. gya is now finally awake and finally i can dtail this pesky little saucer away.

Start of turn 25
The foe's Nattorei used Power Whip!
The attack of the foe's Nattorei missed!

GYARDOS woke up!
The foe's Starmie was dragged out!

76%
vs
64%

power whip misses but it does nothing to me anyway. starmie comes back out... T_T i can't risk gya going down... he absolutely must stay alive or else its game over. i send in skymin to deal with anything his stupidmie can do, and also see if he'll bolt.

Start of turn 26

SKYMIN lost 121 HP! (35% of its health)

SKYMIN restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

71%
vs
54%

FINALLY! FINALLY I HAVE A CHANCE! 2 very important things happen this turn. 1. starmie does surf over bolt. this tells me that he thinks he's figured my style out enough to not do normal moves and start predicting deeper. and this adds to point 2. he sees leftovers on skymin. now he knows i'm not scarfed, he knows his tran outspeeds me, and he knows i'll do anything to take out starmie, so i'll blindly do seed flare. or will i? NO! time for his heatran to take it hard up his... uh... stomach with an earth power. if this works out... the small ray of light will start to shine like an inferno!

Start of turn 27
ANON sent out Heatran!

SKYMIN used Earth Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Heatran lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Heatran fainted!

K-fucki
g-O

gyarados, skarmory, latios, skymin
vs
nattorei, pringles, starmie, gliscor, scizor

ANON sent out Scizor!

77%
vs
66%

epic plan worked out epically. and now scizor is his sole counter to skymin. i'm swimming in a sea of win with the win in my hair, while he's burying his deadtran in a grave crying over spilt milk. but the battle isn't over! i still have 2 walls to rip down before my cannons can aim at his scizor, his last knight. i switch out skymin to safety and bring in my trusty gya, awake and ready to wreak havoc

Start of turn 28

GYARDOS intimidates the foe's Scizor!
The foe's Scizor's Attack fell!
The foe's Scizor used Bullet Punch!
GYARDOS lost 49 HP! (12% of its health)

70%
vs
66%

bullets don't hurt my wall, go run away like a sissy scizor, you'll eat it soon too. time to d-tail cause he's awesome like that.

Start of turn 29
ANON called Scizor back!
ANON sent out Nattorei!

The foe's Gliscor was dragged out!

The foe's Gliscor restored HP using its Poison Heal!

70%
vs
100%

gliscor makes his 2nd appearance in the battle. and by now my opponent is ready to assume everything, and not think carefully. so time to d-tai......CCCCCOMBOBREAKER, waterfall in his face!

Start of turn 30
The foe's Gliscor used Acrobat!
GYARDOS lost 51 HP! (12% of its health)

GYARDOS used Waterfall!
It's super effective!
The foe's Gliscor lost 49% of its health!

64%
vs
69%

yessssssss, now he's learned his lesson about trying to predict me! what're you gonna do? that's right, bring your little nattorei back in. i'll waterfall, but just to confirm that i'm predicting him correctly.

Start of turn 31
ANON called Gliscor back!
ANON sent out Nattorei!

GYARDOS used Waterfall!
The foe's Nattorei lost 12% of its health!

64%
vs
88%

ok, looks like it's good. he expects a d-tail here, so latios can take a leech seed cause he won't be staying in as long as gya does.

Start of turn 32

LATIOS lost 78 HP! (25% of its health)

75%
vs
94%

trying to force my mighty wall of water to slumber are we? don't think so. latios takes the power whip like a boss and is ready to hpfire now that tran is buried under the tears of my opponent. hp fire goooo------WAIT! last time he protected didn't he? haha almost fell for that one. hahaha new plan. i'll trick him, he'll protect, then he'll likely bring in gliscor so i get tricked into a poison orb latios, but i'm 1 step ahead >:D mwhahahaha

Start of turn 33
The foe's Nattorei protected itself!

LATIOS used Trick!

Start of turn 34

ANON sent out Gliscor!

83%
vs
87%

skymin up in this place, yo. and another plus, now that i've left this trap for him, he doesn't know if my latios has hpfire or not. everytime i've switched him in, he was expecting something, and now he sees trick, so maybe he thinks that was my plan all along. *stores this away in my mind* ok, plan has worked so far. and it required some unexpected moves. maybe time to go back to standard, seed flare away!

Start of turn 35
SKYMIN used Seed Flare!
The foe's Gliscor lost 75% of its health!
The foe's Gliscor fainted!

gyarados, skymin, latios, skarmory
vs
scizor, pringles, nattorei, starmie

ANON sent out Scizor!

89%
vs
66%

hmmmm... he lets gliscor die and brings in scizor... it's clear he's trying to revenge kill, so he has pursuit... shit! latios needs to watch it carefully now... crap... do i risk leaving skymin in? or do i try to save him and risk pursuit... when in doubt, calc it out. 53.4-63%, ok skymin won't die so definitely saving him.

Start of turn 36
SKYMIN is being sent back!
The foe's Scizor used Pursuit!
SKYMIN lost 184 HP! (53% of its health)

70%
vs
66%

nice, pursuit did the least damage possible. now that gliscor is gone, scizor is his only real attacking force. plus his only counter to skymin, so i'll do everything in my power to kill you scizor, and i'm sure your master will do everything he can to save you. and that includes foregoing u-turn cause you're too slow and will eat a waterfall and you know it. so with that in mind, trololololing a d-tail!

Start of turn 37
ANON called Scizor back!
ANON sent out Nattorei!

70%
vs
100%

hmm... burung... er, pringles will expect a dtail, so he has priority to do anything, including toxic, which is on most pringles sets. i don't wanna wall while poisoned so i'll circumvent this senario by sleeping right now. it'll give me back precious hp and the worst he can do is leech seed now, which should be managable since i will have 30% chance to sidestep the priority loss and d-tail first.

Start of turn 38
ANON sent out Nattorei!

GYARDOS used Rest!
GYARDOS went to sleep and became healthy!

100%
vs
100%

hmm, he doesn't toxic... wants to seed me first, oh well. sleep talk ftw.

Start of turn 39
GYARDOS is fast asleep!
GYARDOS used Sleep Talk!

100%
vs
100%

YES! perfection. 2 more turns and i'm back awake!

Start of turn 40
GYARDOS is fast asleep!
GYARDOS used Sleep Talk!
GYARDOS used Rest!
But it failed!

The foe's Burungeru used Taunt!
GYARDOS fell for the taunt!

100%
vs
100%

damn... oh well can't have it your way all the time. and he also taunts... which can only mean 1 thing, trying to toxic and prevent sleep eh? but he can't use that anymore, so nothing to worry about, d-tailing your switch outta here!

Start of turn 41
The foe's Burungeru used Toxic!
But it failed!

GYARDOS woke up!
The foe's Burungeru lost 20% of its health!

100%
vs
66%

trololo, did he forget d-tail's negative priority? lol now i know 100% he has toxic and that gives me an idea. time to waterfall! now that he knows toxic is the only way he's gonna force my gya out of his seat at the dragon throne, he'll be looking to try it again, whether through a d-tail miss or waterfall, which he knows is my only other attack. pringles can sponge d-tails all day due to recovery, so i'll simply let him attempt his plan by waterfalling and letting him think i was aiming it at scizor, when really i'm ready to end this match with my secret weapon.

Start of turn 42
ANON called Scizor back!
ANON sent out Burungeru!

GYARDOS used Waterfall!
The foe's Burungeru's Water Absorb absorbs the attack!

GYARDOS's taunt ended!

100%
vs
100%

checkmate. and it's a long time coming! skarmory for the rescue!

Start of turn 43

The foe's Burungeru used Toxic!
But it failed!

picture limit reached, sorry :(

100% skarmory vs pringles 100%

so owned. the length of the battle has made you weary, my worthy opponent, and it's blinded you to the path of victory.

Start of turn 44
SKARMORY used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Eo's team!

The foe's Burungeru used Taunt!
SKARMORY fell for the taunt!

100% skarmory vs pringles 100%

this time, no mistakes. i'm brave birding your incoming starmie.

Start of turn 45
SKARMORY used Brave Bird!
A critical hit!
The foe's Burungeru lost 73% of its health!
SKARMORY is hit with recoil!

The foe's Burungeru used Boil Over!
SKARMORY lost 102 HP! (30% of its health)

The foe's Burungeru restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

36% skarmory vs pringles 33%

ouch... that crit was important in speeding up the end of the battle, but i think it was inevitable. i know the plan now, drop pringles to bring in starmie.

Start of turn 46
SKARMORY used Brave Bird!
The foe's Burungeru lost 32% of its health!
SKARMORY is hit with recoil!
The foe's Burungeru fainted!

vs
scizor, nattorei, starmie

SKARMORY's taunt ended!
ANON sent out Starmie!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Starmie!

36% skarmory vs starmie 42%

ok, so you wanna spin now right? well that's fine. i'm bringing in latios, and you have 2 steel types left, both 4x weak to fire, and you don't even know im running hp fire. you're gonna lose someone, and i pray it's that damn buttorei

Start of turn 47

LATIOS lost 86 HP! (28% of its health)

44% latios vs starmie 32%

surf... wanting to finish off my skarmory? i can't let you do that, but please occupy latios in the meantime. you know you wanna

Start of turn 48
LATIOS lost 78 HP! (25% of its health)

LATIOS used Hidden Power!
The foe's Starmie lost 25% of its health!
The foe's Starmie fainted!

vs
nattorei, scizor

ANON sent out Scizor!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Scizor!

19% latios vs scizor 48%

go ahead and take latios down, he's done his part. you have nothing left to take gya now, game over.

Start of turn 49
LATIOS lost 60 HP! (19% of its health)
LATIOS fainted!

gyarados, skymin, skarmory
vs
scizor, nattorei

100% gyarados vs scizor 48%

the match is over. he has only 1 chance left to win this. if nattorei can seed my gya and skarmory, he can protect spam enough to kill both of them. but seed won't work against skymin, yet scizor's pursuit will threaten him if i bring it in. so i absolutely have to keep scizor away from skymin, and use my rocks to weaken scizor enough to kill him. meanwhile, he can't risk leaving scizor in with the threat of waterfalls at any moment, so he's stuck in a very tough situation. each of these next moves he needs to hope for a d-tail miss or risk a waterfall but it doesn't happen. this is the end of the battle.

Start of turn 50
ANON called Scizor back!
ANON sent out Nattorei!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Nattorei!

Start of turn 51
ANON called Scizor back!
ANON sent out Nattorei!

Start of turn 52
ANON called Scizor back!
ANON sent out Nattorei!

A critical hit!
The foe's Nattorei lost 13% of its health!

Start of turn 53
GYARDOS lost 76 HP! (19% of its health)

The foe's Scizor lost 8% of its health!
The foe's Nattorei was dragged out!

Start of turn 54
GYARDOS was seeded!

The foe's Scizor fainted!

gyarados, skarmory, skymin
vs
nattorei

ANON sent out Nattorei!

he finally seeds me, but it's too late, scizor gets taken out by rocks. skymin to come in and finish off that nattorei.

Start of turn 55

SKARMORY was seeded!

SKARMORY's health is sapped by leech seed.

Start of turn 56

GYARDOS intimidates the foe's Nattorei!
The foe's Nattorei's Attack fell!
But it failed!

Start of turn 57

It doesn't affect SKYMIN...

Start of turn 58

SKYMIN used Air Slash!

Start of turn 59
SKYMIN used Air Slash!

SKYMIN lost 27 HP! (7% of its health)

Start of turn 60

SKYMIN used Air Slash!

Start of turn 61
SKYMIN used Air Slash!
The foe's Nattorei lost 27% of its health!

SKYMIN lost 28 HP! (8% of its health)

Start of turn 62

SKYMIN used Air Slash!

Start of turn 63
SKYMIN used Air Slash!
The foe's Nattorei lost 27% of its health!

The foe's Nattorei flinched!

Start of turn 64

SKYMIN used Air Slash!

Start of turn 65

SKYMIN used Air Slash!

Start of turn 66
SKYMIN used Air Slash!
The foe's Nattorei lost 25% of its health!

The foe's Nattorei flinched!

Start of turn 67

SKYMIN used Air Slash!

Start of turn 68
But it failed!

SKYMIN used Air Slash!
The foe's Nattorei lost 16% of its health!
The foe's Nattorei fainted!

komoku won the battle!
Eo: gg

I hid the end because he stalls for as long as possible with nattorei but it won't work. long hard battle finally ends with nattorei going down to skymin.

KOed at last!

finally at the end i look up at my opponent's name and turns out it's Eo, who i've watched in tournaments for a while now. didn't realize i was playing with him but this was one of the hardest matches i've ever played. i know it's very long and boring, but i tried to spice it up and hopefully you liked it. thx for reading!

MVP:

who else? he single handedly walled almost everyone from his team. gyarados is not to be taken lightly.

PROPS:

-gyarados for being a boss
-tran predict that turned the game
-him taking out my chomp by clever switching and making me mispredict
-nattorei... for being a goddamn pain in the ass

SLOPS:

-darkrai misplay lol
-chomp misplay lol
-crit on pringles definitely mattered

hope you enjoyed reading!

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
K-fucki
g-O
lol

props for the big predix. The MVP of the match should have been Starmie. Surf/Tbolt/Rapid Spin/Recover was pretty much walled by your whole team. Once Heatran was gone the match was over due to team matchup.

Very nice prediction. Loved the battle, and you played excellently at almost every turn, aside from losing Darkrai and Chomp. The cussing wasn't really necessary though (I do it all the time, so I can't really say anything though :P).

The cursing really turned me off from this battle's commentary. I can understand getting upset/irritated/excited, but it really was a bit too much at times. Though I will forgive the bit about Heatran being KO'd. It did give me a chortle.

sorry about the cussing guys, but after the early hax and misplays on my part, i was kinda angry and annoyed at his nattorei and the whole battle in general. i guess if it's really a problem, i can go back and edit some of it out to make it a little cleaner

EDIT: ok i cleaned it up a little, thx for the input guys, it's my first warstory ;)

Brilliant warstory. Commentary was completely revealing and interesting, predictions on both sides were great, etc. Definitely looking forward to more from you in the future. And I wouldn't worry about the cussing, it adds a certain fitting flavor to the story, plus I thought the Starmie nicknames were hilarious for some reason.

I was very impressed by the amount of risk-management in this battle; especially that done by Eo, the Guru of Risk Management and Cheating. Although, Eo is a great player (because he cheats), this ended up being a very good warstory.

Good solid comments, gave me insight to your thought process. I didn't mind the cussing really. Just shows you are human, and like most human beings get frustrated. Showcased my favorite mon gyarados still beasting like a champ.

Good prediction by both parties, also not too haxy.

Most of all it shows the level of mindgames revealed teams has. Also the necessity to plan match-ups with minimal information, and then counter measure for newly revealed info.

9/10

Good format
Good comments
Good predictions
Great battle

Probably the best one I've read from this gen yet. 9.7

Cool battle, and i like how you hid the boring parts. Had alot of hax tho with kinda turned me off. Good job showing the community that you can still be unpredectable with team previews on. Would have liked to see darkeri get more action. Im too lazy to do calcs now but i wonder if he had a chance to live that? I had one live a chomp outrage the other day. Anyway comments were entertaining but the lack of capital letters was slightly annoying. Format was great but there was a long stretch without pictures at the end. I understand why but it was still a pain to read.

Battle-7.5
Comments-8.5
Format-9

Overall-8.something (dont have a calc now)

Dragon Tailing in the start was just... pointless
mean, he had leech seed on you and iron barbs nattorei, and you KNEW his team, so there was no pint in scouting. Had you set up rocks and spikes before, the story could be different, but...
Also, why didnt you EQ his Starmie on the second try? I know, you wanted to his Gliscor, but now allowing Nattorei to set up 1-2 spike layers is far more important than not letting a gliscor come in for free.
Anyway, good comments and (besided that ^, in my oppinion) good battle.
Keep it on =]

Holy shit bro that was great.Apprently your claiming to be new (I think? :o) but you a damn good job of reading your opponent.I throughly enjoyed this warstory.Both of you played well and the comments were also very good.Great job!I hope you make some more sometime soon :D.
9.5/10

Best Gen V warstory yet? I think so. Fantastic prediction and play from both sides, and for once, great commentary. Aside from it being a bit stall-ish at times, it didn't get boring. 9/10!

This was a great warstory. Not too much hax, good predictions, nice formatting.......

I'm not a very eloquent rater or speaker(typer?), but I liked this.

Good predictions, formatting was good (need remaining Pokemon when one faints though).

And can you really call it hax when a <100% move misses?

Cool battle, and i like how you hid the boring parts. Had alot of hax tho with kinda turned me off. Good job showing the community that you can still be unpredectable with team previews on. Would have liked to see darkeri get more action. Im too lazy to do calcs now but i wonder if he had a chance to live that? I had one live a chomp outrage the other day. Anyway comments were entertaining but the lack of capital letters was slightly annoying. Format was great but there was a long stretch without pictures at the end. I understand why but it was still a pain to read.

Battle-7.5
Comments-8.5
Format-9

Overall-8.something (dont have a calc now)
it's interesting you bring this up because it seems natural to think that chomp outrage is the strongest thing in most comparisons, but
against this particular darkrai (modest, 252SpA/252Spe, life orb), an outrage from adamant 252atk chomp does 83.6-98.6% whereas modest 252spA heatran does 97.5-115.3% with overheat. this makes perfect sense because both chomp and tran have 130 attack, yet overheat has 20 more base power than outrage (at the cost of -2 spA of course) and rai's defenses are 70/90/90. so i had a 27% chance to barely live the overheat, but ended up on the wrong side of the statistic.

Dragon Tailing in the start was just... pointless
mean, he had leech seed on you and iron barbs nattorei, and you KNEW his team, so there was no pint in scouting. Had you set up rocks and spikes before, the story could be different, but...
Also, why didnt you EQ his Starmie on the second try? I know, you wanted to his Gliscor, but now allowing Nattorei to set up 1-2 spike layers is far more important than not letting a gliscor come in for free.
Anyway, good comments and (besided that ^, in my oppinion) good battle.
Keep it on =]
dragon tail is my quick and easy way to learn the most about my opponent's sets. they don't assume sleep talker, so they always try status or various strongest attacks from their sets, which gives me enough information to attempt to predict later. in this battle, I had to know if his nattorei carried thunder wave or leech seed, and that's why i d-tailed early.

dragon tail also carries another advantage in dragging out the battle and annoying my opponent, 2 very important things to force errors in logic. for example, i feel i couldn't have pulled off the toxic bait and switch later on in the battle with skarmory if i didn't dragontail all those times. as long as he's preoccupied with gya and dealing with d-tail, he has higher chance to forget about other counters and options, which worked well with skarmory in this example.

as for the chomp misplay, the same things i was trying against him, i fell prey to them as well. at that point, i just couldn't figure out what to do to break the switching cycle and break his walls. chomp was starting to get low on health and so i decided to sacrifice him in the hopes of changing my opponent's mentality or maybe catching an unsuspecting pokemon in a mispredict. but Eo's style is so solid and careful, so it didn't work out. but honestly i think that it ended up working for me cause he got a little loose after that and it allowed me to predict his tran properly. on the move i killed his tran, the safe move for him would be to get nattorei in to once more predict skymin's move, but Eo didn't do this because he was so sure i'd seed flare in my desperation(or maybe he thought i had hp fire on skymin? that would explain why he switched in tran so easily, he wanted the fire boost), and that confidence came from the 4-6 lead chomp's death had given him.

Good predictions, formatting was good (need remaining Pokemon when one faints though).

And can you really call it hax when a <100% move misses?
you're right, it's not technically hax, it's part of the move's mechanics. but i like to call it hax to make myself feel better for the misses :)

i'll edit the formatting a little to make the back end easier to read, plus add in the remaining pokemon since it's a long battle and that would be useful.

Awesome warstory. 9/10 because of minor inconsistencies in what you call the pokemon. Good job taking down Eo's fucking retarded stall team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)