Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When RBY came out on VC, I bought Yellow. It was technically my first game and holds lots of nostalgia for me. Now I'm seeing all of these tutorials on getting good transfers and everything seems to involve the MissingNo glitch in some capacity. Apparently this glitch is dangerous to get with Yellow? And you don't use the old man?

Should I just bite the bullet and buy Red or Blue?
The MissingNo. glitch they are using is a variation on the Mew Glitch (Trainer-Fly). The Red/Blue MissingNo. is dangerous to get in Yellow, but there are still MissingNo. you can use.

Two questions:
Does the Japanese Celebi Bonus Disc for colosseum allow you to move Celebi to an English R/S cart?
Also, since this is entirely out of the category this thread discusses, does anyone know where I could ask about buying both Colosseum+Jirachi BD and XD, since sourcing them is a pain?

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Two questions:
Does the Japanese Celebi Bonus Disc for colosseum allow you to move Celebi to an English R/S cart?
Also, since this is entirely out of the category this thread discusses, does anyone know where I could ask about buying both Colosseum+Jirachi BD and XD, since sourcing them is a pain?
1: No it can only link to Japanese R/S carts. I'm also pretty sure the GC is region-locked, meaning you'd need a Japanese GC and Colosseum (as well as a Jp 4th Gen game since Pal Park only works with same region/language GBA carts).

2: Just look around on Amazon and EBay, or locally owned game stores irl, since they're most likely to have old games. Just don't expect to find any new, sealed copies without having to pay a nice sack of coin.

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
If I were to set a new record for one of the Gen 4 Battle Frontier locations, forsay, a new Battle Hall Singles record, where might I post?

My team in Emerald is level 60 and I want to get it significantly higher in order to catch the weather trio (I'm trying to catch them in just plain Poké Balls which means my team needs to not die in a hit lol) and challenge Steven. What's the most efficient way to grind? I've heard Sky Pillar, Victory Road, E4 rematches, and Trainer rematches all suggested and I wanted to see if anyone has an experience with any of these in particular who can vouch for the efficiency of them. I've been using Victory Road and it is slow as shit :(

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Definitely repeatedly pummeling the E4... It's the only place to grind in most of the games. You get boosted XP because trained mons and they are decent level/power. Unfortunately a lot of the older games don't have decent grinding spots when you reach those sorts of levels.

I have a question that does refer to the Pokemon aspect, but it focuses purely on personal preference. As such, I would ask you, fellow reader of this comment, to share your opinion on the matter, if possible.

It's regarding Pokemon on a mobile device. At the moment, we have Pokemon Go. It's sweet, an actual adventure that has a Pokemon theme. But let's be honest, the game itself does not offer the 'standard' adventure that the main games in the franchise do. So, being as straightforward as I can, would you be willing to download and play a Pokemon game that would present an adventure around the area/city/country/world like Pokemon Go does, but that it would have a much more similar essence to the classic Pokemon games?

Meaning that it would have trading, not all Pokemon being able to be caught (evolution would be mandatory), there being standard leveling and evolving for Pokemon, and so on? Thank you very much for any sort of feedback.

Still working on grinding to level 70 in Emerald.
As part of my plans for this game I'd like to rematch all the Gym Leaders until I can battle them at their highest level.
I realize that getting rematches is random but I also have to wonder if my game is fucked.
When I looked up how rematches worked, what I ran across is that every 512 steps taken the game decides whether to have trainers be re-battle-able by randomly rolling numbers. However, that doesn't seem to be working. I've battled every trainer that had a Poké Ball symbol next to their name in the PokéNav, but now I'm not seeming to get any new matches. Well, that's not entirely true. I'm trying to grind for matches (as it were) by riding the hatching strip between Verdanturf and Mauville, and it does cause a few matches to be available - but only trainers on Route 117, one of the routes I'm riding through, and I know being in the same area as a Trainer makes them more likely to battle you. But these trainers are the only ones who want to battle me. No matter how many times I cycle through the strip, only Route 117 trainers want to battle.
Is there a possibility something's fucked up with my game where now rematches are impossible to trigger outside of being trainers' immediate area? My Emerald's internal battery is dead; I don't suppose that has anything to do with it?
For the record I have actually done two Gym Leader rematches: Flannery and (I think) Wattson, but none since then, and I know that walking in Gym Leaders' area doesn't trigger rematches so there's no point in trying that. I'd like to try to get these rematches done, but if the game isn't going to let that happen I'd like to figure that out too.

Thanks.

I have two questions. First question:
I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread kind of like this one ( http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ges-controversial-edits.3489980/#post-7305590 ), except it would be dedicated to everything on Smogon other than analyses. Should I do it myself or wait for a staff member to do it? If I should post the thread, which sub-forum should I post it in?
Second, can I get a list of threads dedicated to in-game tiers and are still active?

I was wondering where i would post a thread trying to list all the gen 3 tutor moves that are used in compeditive play. I love going back to past gens to collect pokemon with moves they can't get in later generations, and gen 3 move tutor moves are a huge one to do this with. I wanna get a good idea as to what move tutor moves are considered good competitive wise (like seismic toss kangaskan, body slam jirachi, and so on) so i can collect them. i was considering the orange islands for this, but i don't know if that is the proper place as this deals with compeditive stuff across multiple tiers. would there be a proper place to post this?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I was wondering where i would post a thread trying to list all the gen 3 tutor moves that are used in compeditive play. I love going back to past gens to collect pokemon with moves they can't get in later generations, and gen 3 move tutor moves are a huge one to do this with. I wanna get a good idea as to what move tutor moves are considered good competitive wise (like seismic toss kangaskan, body slam jirachi, and so on) so i can collect them. i was considering the orange islands for this, but i don't know if that is the proper place as this deals with compeditive stuff across multiple tiers. would there be a proper place to post this?
As you say, definitely not OI. It's the only place on Smogon not dedicated to competitive play. I'd ask here to see if they want to have it in the cartridge play section of the forums. At least they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)