Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't know such things existed, lol. sounds fun, definitely going to try this once my cartridge arrives. thanks!

I am thinking of using porygon-z for a gravity team for the doubles subway; and was wandering if i should use thunder or zap cannon? Also what is the accuracy of both those moves while gravity is up?

I am thinking of using porygon-z for a gravity team for the doubles subway; and was wandering if i should use thunder or zap cannon? Also what is the accuracy of both those moves while gravity is up?
Thunder becomes 100% accurate, and Zap Cannon becomes 83.3% accurate. So Thunder's still the better choice in general for damage, but Zap Cannon's a little more reliable than Hydro Pump normally is. The general rule of thumb for Gravity is just multiply a moves current accuracy by 1.67.

EDIT: I also recommend Nidoking and/or Landorus for a Doubles Gravity team.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
To add to what Aerophoenix says, any move with at least 60 accuracy under normal conditions will have 100 accuracy when Gravity is active (assuming no other accuracy modifiers are in play). Might be worth remembering so you don't have to calculate accuracies later.

But yeah I'd go with Thunder. Zap Cannon's paralysis may seem tempting but a miss can end streaks in the subway. Thunder is more accurate and powerful, and 30% paralysis chance is still pretty good.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
On Orange islands I have been getting this "smogon visitor's survey" up whenever I go onto orange islands or off one of the threads. I haven't answered it since it may be a virus, but I don't know if I should just answer it to get rid of it. Anyone help?

On Orange islands I have been getting this "smogon visitor's survey" up whenever I go onto orange islands or off one of the threads. I haven't answered it since it may be a virus, but I don't know if I should just answer it to get rid of it. Anyone help?
Run your antivirus programs.

I wasn't sure whether to ask this here or in the BW2 In-Game Tier List, but I'm looking for a good "utility" Pokemon in BW2 with a sleeping move to help with catching Pokemon and such. Lilligant was great in BW1 with Sleep Powder, but I wanted to try using someone different this time around. I'd prefer someone with at least a 60 accuracy move (Hypnosis, Sleep Powder), but if I have to I'll work with other options (Grasswhistle, Sing, Yawn).

If sleeping options aren't that abundant then I guess paralysis will do (Thunder Wave, Stun Spore, Glare).

I wasn't sure whether to ask this here or in the BW2 In-Game Tier List, but I'm looking for a good "utility" Pokemon in BW2 with a sleeping move to help with catching Pokemon and such. Lilligant was great in BW1 with Sleep Powder, but I wanted to try using someone different this time around. I'd prefer someone with at least a 60 accuracy move (Hypnosis, Sleep Powder), but if I have to I'll work with other options (Grasswhistle, Sing, Yawn).

If sleeping options aren't that abundant then I guess paralysis will do (Thunder Wave, Stun Spore, Glare).
Your best bet would be a Watchog with Super Fang and Hypnosis. (Use Super Fang 6 times). There are no bw2 mons with a sleeping move and false swipe. (they are gallade / smeargle / breloom / parasect).

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
It depends how long you want to wait, the best one I think is numel, but that is after the sixth badge. The earliest one is Sunkern, on the second route of the game, which gets grasswhistle.

Edit: Watchog is also a good choice.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Elekid starts with thunder wave as early as Virbank and I ended up keeping it on him for my whole playthrough. I find paralysis more reliable than sleep while catching 'mons (except grounds obviously) so his utility was nice all game

Just wondering about something about two abilities.

Defeatist lowers the pokemon's attacking stats by 50% when HP drops below 50% right? So what if we're in a double battle with a pokemon with Contrary on the field and our Archeops health went below 50% due to Head Smash recoil.

Would Contrary invert Defeatist's attack drop or it won't do anything to the pokemon with Defeatist?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Contrary only affects the Pokémon who has the ability, not it & its team-mates. Also, Contrary only affects the stages of stat boosts/drops, something of which that Defeatist does not affect. So, even if said Pokémon were to have both abilities (which is impossible), Defeatist will still halve irrespective of Contrary.

Has there been any attempt at cataloguing pokemon based on some combination of 'primary attack stat', typing, and speed tier? Like wise for the 'bulky' pokes?

What's the best set for an in-game Moody Bibarel Battle Subway (or PWT) team? I also caught a Latios, if that helps.
Not sure if it's the best set but I would go for :

Protect
Sub
Waterfall
Return

About the EVs, I would put max att max speed but a more defensive spread would work as well.
Maybe this is just my opinion but I wouldn't recommend using Moody pokemon for battle facilities, your team shouldn't depend on luck to win.

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to find an AR code for rebattling legendaries in BW2 (Latis, Sprites, Cresselia, Heatran, etc...) but I've been unsuccessful. Does anybody know of one? I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to ask (or if it's against the rules; I read them but didn't see anything about it).

I found these but I don't really know if they work
Anyone got any rebattle legendaries codes?They will be useful for RNG abuse post-game.Thanks in advance

Reply:
black2
52019198 42112001
1201919C 0000D100
94000130 FFFA0000
1201919C 000046C0
D2000000 00000000

white2
520191B4 42112001
120191B8 0000D100
94000130 FFFA0000
120191B8 000046C0
D2000000 00000000

this is that "reset all events on a map if you hold a+sel as you enter" code. that should do.

Is 'PokeRus' a pokemon? :D

I mean in we have a hard time describing if a virus is just 'a pre-organic molecule' or straight up alive.

======

Has anyone done a statistical analysis of pokemon, BST, and moves versus specific pokemon's defenses? I'm not just talking about what the strat dex does, which is compiles many individual assessments, but rather a computational method of analysis... I ask this because I am seeking to find a means to do such a thing for Gen 6.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Pokerus is a status effect, I guess "In world" it means that they have a beneficial illness which allows them to grow stronger faster. At the end of the day it is just a symbiotic relationship that does not last incredibly wrong. Probably shows that Pokemon have excellent immune systems as they cannot get re-infected.

Also: I believe X-Act did a type analysis in the way you are talking about, its hidden in CaP somewhere, I'll see if I can hunt it down for you. Might take some time :D

Lucario. Growlithe. Snivy.

Are my three Pokemon so far in White2.

Which Eeveelution should I go for? Or shall I just ignore Eevee and continue on my journey. (Bug gym atm obv)

Lucario. Growlithe. Snivy.

Are my three Pokemon so far in White2.

Which Eeveelution should I go for? Or shall I just ignore Eevee and continue on my journey. (Bug gym atm obv)
you could go with vaporeon for the grass/fire/water core but in game it dosnt really matter much

DEO-D

anybody think that the Deo-D banning was a little over reacted? i mean sure he can set up SR, Spikes and some stuff after almost without fail but that is not broken. i mean this guy right here

He runs

~spikes
~stealth rocks
~"Counter Move"
~"Counter Move"

and than run some speed eves or max hp with defense whatever was most "broken" Deo-D had plenty of counters that could be countered by Deo-D but they were still counters. i Would like to throw this guy into the mix

She can EASILY set up on Deo-D whether it be dual screens to sub or even calm mind. Hell.. the way the meta game is today why not mix them all together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)