Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
This is not the forum to ask that question. This forum does NOT concern any of Smogon's metagames. Try the "Smogon Metagames" subforum for that.

Also, Deoxys wasn't banned on a whim. Over the course of several weeks, there were hundreds of posts with arguments back and forth, a test environment set up to test the effects of Deoxys' eventual banning, and dozens of qualified voters who eventually sent it to Ubers. You can't just stroll in after such a process and demand that it should be undone just because you happen to present another argument (which, by the way, was posted by other members as well, back when there was still time to influence the voters).

Hello guys,

I'm doing a runthrough of Mystery Dungeon, Explorers of the Sky and wondered which two starters would give me the most efficient run of the game?

I'm planning to play up to Darkrai, so any two starters that would work would be much appreciated!

Thanks! :D

Riolu is probably among the best starters in Sky because it can hit the hardest bosses (Dialga and Darkrai) with a super effective move. You can also teach it Earthquake from the TM.

Shinx gets the amazing Discharge to take out Monster Houses very easily, and Mudkip gets Endeavor which instantly drops most bosses' titanic HP to a comparatively low amount. But that last one is a bit on the situational side, so I'd go with Riolu and Shinx for pretty much optimal efficiency.

On a related note, the following question is kind of obscure, but I'd really appreciate it if someone could provide an answer:

In all three Gen IV PMD games, are Team Tasty's genders ever mentioned? If so, what are they?

Does anyone know what kind of promo materials GameStop's giving out for the Meloetta event? My local store just loves to miss out on the things like the Keldeo event poster.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Really REALLY random question that popped into my head last night...

Is there anything on the net detailing how the sizes of the Magikarp from the Lake Of Rage are calculated? Like, cause the fisherman guy has that board, and you take Karps to him. And he tells you how big they are (Usually way bigger than the dex entry). Just wondering if anyone knows what it is based on, either IV's or level or just plain random :|

So, my Pokemon White 2 just came in the mail. Haven't played since gen 4.
I heard there was a "challenge mode". Is it recommended? I'm not into grinding, but a "more intelligent AI" sounds like just what the doctor ordered. Does it live up to that? Or is it just a sadistic grind-fest like most RPG "hard modes"?

Is it possible to transfer the key for challenge mode over wifi? Is that how that goes? Do I need a Pal Pad? I haven't started my game yet. If I do challenge mode, I'd like to do it from the beginning.

So, my Pokemon White 2 just came in the mail. Haven't played since gen 4.
I heard there was a "challenge mode". Is it recommended? I'm not into grinding, but a "more intelligent AI" sounds like just what the doctor ordered. Does it live up to that? Or is it just a sadistic grind-fest like most RPG "hard modes"?

Is it possible to transfer the key for challenge mode over wifi? Is that how that goes? Do I need a Pal Pad? I haven't started my game yet. If I do challenge mode, I'd like to do it from the beginning.
Challenge mode isn't too grind happy. AI kinda varies, it did feel a little smarter over all I think; the important trainers getting more/different pokemon with items helps. The normal trainers enjoy the level bump since it gives more power to them.

You can't transfer it through wi-fi. Only a Black 2 game that has unlocked the key can transfer it, via local IR, to other games.

qq that means I have to go find an eight year old if I want challenge mode~
Thank you very much for the clarification!

To emphasize the above post:

The only way to access Challenge Mode at the beginning of the game is to have someone else physically near you with a Black 2 game that has originally unlocked Challenge Mode by beating the E4 in their game.

If you think that feels like BS, you're exactly right.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Really REALLY random question that popped into my head last night...

Is there anything on the net detailing how the sizes of the Magikarp from the Lake Of Rage are calculated? Like, cause the fisherman guy has that board, and you take Karps to him. And he tells you how big they are (Usually way bigger than the dex entry). Just wondering if anyone knows what it is based on, either IV's or level or just plain random :|
At first I thought it was the same calculation with measuring Barboach and Shroomishes in Ruby version. Then I found this:
(A*64h+ (int ((BC+10000h-DE) /F)) %100h)) ÷10

[It] rolls it up by using rrc (Right Rotate Carries) (Bit is put and [it] right shifts and [it] does and overflowing old 0bit is put in new septenary bit).

The length follows a set list of numbers/values for possible lengths based on both the Magikarps IVs and your trainer ID, as I understand it.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
At first I thought it was the same calculation with measuring Barboach and Shroomishes in Ruby version. Then I found this:
(A*64h+ (int ((BC+10000h-DE) /F)) %100h)) ÷10

[It] rolls it up by using rrc (Right Rotate Carries) (Bit is put and [it] right shifts and [it] does and overflowing old 0bit is put in new septenary bit).

The length follows a set list of numbers/values for possible lengths based on both the Magikarps IVs and your trainer ID, as I understand it.
Ah okay, I thought it was something to do with IV's but couldn't find anything solid. Nice find on the formula, is there a better breakdown explaining the letters in the formula?

No, but those are the gen 3 PMD games. Meanwhile, the second set (for gen 4) did have genders.

I feel like I should know the answer to that question but I honestly can't recall.

I'm baffled. My record in the Open Level Battle Tower in Emerald is 64 battles, but Scott won't give me a Silver Shield. Can you only get it in Lv. 50 or something?

Hey, just a quick question about scrambles: Are you supposed to catch the pokemon in-game, or hack them in with a gameshark or something?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Is there a Black /white 1 in game tier list thread? I looked back but it would take a while to make the OP so I don't want it locked.
Thanks

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is there a Black /white 1 in game tier list thread? I looked back but it would take a while to make the OP so I don't want it locked.
Thanks
We already have this one in the i-game secotion on site and it was worked out during the months following release. The list is accurate and isn't missing much of anything so there hasn't been a desire to rework it very much at all since it would likely turn out exactly the same.

Hey, just a quick question about scrambles: Are you supposed to catch the pokemon in-game, or hack them in with a gameshark or something?
Typically if you can catch them before the Elite Four in the game you're scrambling you do so. Otherwise you might trade in eggs. Though I suppose if you can't trade and want a wider pool of Pokemon you could hack.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
We already have this one in the i-game secotion on site and it was worked out during the months following release. The list is accurate and isn't missing much of anything so there hasn't been a desire to rework it very much at all since it would likely turn out exactly the same.
Would it be ok if I made a Mk 2 though? I think there's still enough room for discussion there and I need something to do in my spare time :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)