Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recommend a ground type to sponge electric type moves. I recommend Gastrodon instead of Rotom as your special wall, it's probably the best water/ground.

It seems a very strong team, overpowered actually but it fits with their rules so yeah, this tournament shouldn't be hard :p.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I want to really disagree with that Jean mi, I would suggest replacing either huntail or kabutops with quagsire. Quagsire is a truly amazing physical wall, solving your problems with electric type moves in the process.
Another thing I was thinking though is actually lanturn, since lanturn is also a really good wall that I would say to be over either kabutops or huntail as well. I think your team does need quite a bit more bulk, and Lanturn also benefits from STAB 100% accurate thunder, much like rotom-wash. Oh, and it doesn't make your team more ground weak, it makes it stronger since you would put over a physical wall to tank hits over a frailer neutral hit and kabutops is weak to ground anyway.
If you want to keep one or both of them, think of putting them over other pokemon. I will lend you the sets I use with them in RU, I don't know how easy it would be for you to get them though.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Counter
- Scald

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt absorb
252 HP|252 Special attack/defense|4 Special attack/defense
Nature: Boost special attack/ special defense, lower attack. It depends if you want it for massive walling capabilities or for a bulky sweeper sort of thing.
-Thunder
-Confuse ray/Surf/Scald
-Toxic/Ice beam/Thunder wave
-[Filler] Possibly Sucker punch for some weak priority, that or you could go for one of the slashes above, or even rest. If you go toxic I would say protect as well. (It is an immobilizer set, what about attract? loool)

The lanturn set does really depend, the middle slashes for bulky sweeping, the first slashes for toxic stall and immobilizing them, and the last one for semi-immobilization and walling.

I'm looking for a bit of a challenge here, and wanted to use the 6 worst (fully evolved) pokemon on a the same team in my next play-thru. Only problem, I can't decide which ones are really the worst. Ditto and Unown are clearly top contenders, but here are the ones I thought might be the worst:

Ditto, Ledian, Unown, Delibird, Mawile, Sableye, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Spinda, Castform, Luvdisc, Pachirisu.

Any gen is open for consideration, I'm basically looking for the 6 pokemon that would be hardest to handle a full run-thru, also which version would be the hardest with said team. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
A blissey with no supportmoves should be on your team

Celever

i am town
?_?
I've used both Plusle and Illumise and both performed brilliantly in-game, they are far from the worst.
I would say Pachirisu, Unown, Ledian, Luvdisc, Sableye and Sunflora

I want to really disagree with that Jean mi, I would suggest replacing either huntail or kabutops with quagsire. Quagsire is a truly amazing physical wall, solving your problems with electric type moves in the process.
Another thing I was thinking though is actually lanturn, since lanturn is also a really good wall that I would say to be over either kabutops or huntail as well. I think your team does need quite a bit more bulk, and Lanturn also benefits from STAB 100% accurate thunder, much like rotom-wash. Oh, and it doesn't make your team more ground weak, it makes it stronger since you would put over a physical wall to tank hits over a frailer neutral hit and kabutops is weak to ground anyway.
If you want to keep one or both of them, think of putting them over other pokemon. I will lend you the sets I use with them in RU, I don't know how easy it would be for you to get them though.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Counter
- Scald

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt absorb
252 HP|252 Special attack/defense|4 Special attack/defense
Nature: Boost special attack/ special defense, lower attack. It depends if you want it for massive walling capabilities or for a bulky sweeper sort of thing.
-Thunder
-Confuse ray/Surf/Scald
-Toxic/Ice beam/Thunder wave
-[Filler] Possibly Sucker punch for some weak priority, that or you could go for one of the slashes above, or even rest. If you go toxic I would say protect as well. (It is an immobilizer set, what about attract? loool)

The lanturn set does really depend, the middle slashes for bulky sweeping, the first slashes for toxic stall and immobilizing them, and the last one for semi-immobilization and walling.
Yes, I thought about Lanturn but not when I wrote my post, this is indeed a very good choice. Quagsire is indeed very viable, particularly with its unaware ability to wall sweepers. I suggested Gastrodon but of course Quagsire, Swampert or other water/ground types are viable too ;).

Assuming all games are broadly 'canon' and that Red, Lead, Blue, Silver(?), Gold(Ethan), Kris etc. etc.

Who is the main character in Yellow?

Is it really 'Ash'/'Hatoshi?

Is he in BW2's PWT?

(I forget... its been a long time)

Assuming all games are broadly 'canon' and that Red, Lead, Blue, Silver(?), Gold(Ethan), Kris etc. etc.

Is he in BW2's PWT?

Well it's hard to pinpoint Yellow's cannon protagonist due to the fact that the Yellow version's slightly altered events never get referenced in other Pokemon games (unlike Red appearing in subsequent games for instance. Interestingly, Red is the only protagonist to appear in the PWT, and I suspect this is because he appears as an NPC in Gold, Silver and Crystal, whereas the other protagonists never appear directly in any other game).

So there isn't exactly one "cannon" name for Yellow's protagonist, though I'd go out on a limb and say that Ash is probably the best fit due to the fact that Yellow is intentionally made to resemble the anime more. Red would be the second choice.

But yeah no real point in getting wrapped up in which name is "Cannon". There's never been anything official for any character except Red and even that is debatable (in Blue version Red isn't even a pre-set name for your character, instead Blue is, and Red is a pre-set name for your rival!). It's all really semantics in any case.

I can speak from experience that Unown is genuinely bad ingame. (Also that you probably want to give it HP Ice.)

I'd also like to suggest Wynaut as an addition to your list of genuinely bad Pokémon for the ingame; despite being uber in DPP, it has no staying power at all, so you're going to have to keep using items on it. Also, have fun when you end up against an opposing Wobbuffet in gen 3 :)

Ledian is at least marginally usable in-game (I used it back in Silver, even though it gets no STAB moves and has awful stats.)

As for the hardest game to use your team on: the earlier games in the series had some of the hardest gym leaders and boss battles generally, but they'll also give you less scope for bad team selection. Actually, probably Colosseum would be hardest, but it's not exactly a main-series game.

Pachirisu can be insanely hard to use in-game, solely because it has shitastic offensive presence. It's movepool is usable, though, but it just can't take a hit and can't give one back outside of Super Fang.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pachirisu can be insanely hard to use in-game, solely because it has shitastic offensive presence. It's movepool is usable, though, but it just can't take a hit and can't give one back outside of Super Fang.
Ehhh, I can argue against this, because when I was forced to use one in a Scramble (in Pearl), I basically gave it a Choice Specs, spammed some STAB Electric move, & went to town with some surprisingly successful results. It is also somewhat bulky as well, though it is not THAT bulky, but yeah.

But yeah, Unown, Wynaut, Magikarp, Ditto, & several others are among the worst ingame, but Pachirisu, imo, does not fit that bill.

On my retail emerald cart, sometimes after I exit my party/pc/pokedex/bag/ect, the game hangs for about a second and then gives me back control of my character like nothing happened. For the record, the cartridge is not pirated or anything like that, it's 100% legit retail. This has been happening for the longest time and I just wanted to know if this happens to anyone else.

Thanks.

On my retail emerald cart, sometimes after I exit my party/pc/pokedex/bag/ect, the game hangs for about a second and then gives me back control of my character like nothing happened. For the record, the cartridge is not pirated or anything like that, it's 100% legit retail. This has been happening for the longest time and I just wanted to know if this happens to anyone else.

Thanks.
How long have you been playing on that save file? If its been over a year, then the internal one year clock has run out, meaning you probably have slightly more lag in those situations. Otherwise, it's probably just your GB being old/subpar.

How long have you been playing on that save file? If its been over a year, then the internal one year clock has run out, meaning you probably have slightly more lag in those situations. Otherwise, it's probably just your GB being old/subpar.
I think I've had this specific save file for 6/7 years, so that sounds right.

Thank you!

Is there anywhere to get Pokemon news without running into Generation Six spoilers? I use serebii for now to find out about upcoming wifi events and stuff, but I'm worried that even if I don't look at the sections containing new X and Y information they'll have some new banner featuring the new pokemon as they are revealed (I think they had one with the new starters for a while, so it's not an unfounded fear)

of course I'll probably cave in and see the spoilers anyways, but I'll try to remain strong as long as I can!

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
@ kaps: Nope! You can either:

a. Avoid all Pokemon news like the plague until October
b. Look at Pokemon news, acknowledging the risk of seeing spoilers.

Your choice! :trollface:

Is there anywhere to get Pokemon news without running into Generation Six spoilers? I use serebii for now to find out about upcoming wifi events and stuff, but I'm worried that even if I don't look at the sections containing new X and Y information they'll have some new banner featuring the new pokemon as they are revealed (I think they had one with the new starters for a while, so it's not an unfounded fear)

of course I'll probably cave in and see the spoilers anyways, but I'll try to remain strong as long as I can!
I've seen this problem a lot, actually...I wonder if a thread here could solve that? :3 We'll see.

Is he in BW2's PWT?

Yellow's canon protagonist is Red.

In fact it's pretty much implied that it's Red when you fight him in GSC/HGSS, since Pikachu, Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise and Espeon/Lapras are given to you over the course of Yellow (as Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Eevee/Lapras). Snorlax is pretty much a fixed encounter, so it doesn't matter as much (in fact it's also implied that Red caught one of the two Snorlaxes available in Yellow and left the other one for Ethan/Kris/Lyra to catch).

okay, i'm in a bit of a pickle.

i'm playing yellow for the first time, you see, and it's really great. however, i have noticed some things that are a little... odd.

first off, i'm playing french yellow, which is fine, but a lot of the french, when compared to what it says in newer games, is... weird. not only do they sometimes use different phrases for the same thing, like calling out a pokemon (which, i'll admit, can change through time), and have an ellipse before announcing that a move is learned/a trainer's pokemon is sent out, (which, again, can have been an abandoned concept in later games), AND changed lieutenant surge into one who speaks properly as opposed to frenglish (which was hilarious, by the way; and it doesn't make sense that his french would devolve if he stayed with french people the whole time...)

but i could handwave all of that if not for a few weird things.

first off, some things are spelled incorrectly. like, very few, actually, but i didn't recognise some words and google translated them, only to find them not recognised at all. fine. that happens. but when bill was referring to not being able to go onto the ss.anne due to his dislike of... something, i googled it and found that they misspelled a variety of cheese. ( i guess he's lactose intolerant?)

but stuff like that should almost never happen with translations; they're supposed to be professional, and i've only seen one obvious mistake in a pokemon game ever, and it was in black/white 2 (and even then, it was a really minor grammatical error; others have been things like lowercase l instead of I, wrong quotations, etc), but nothing like this.

HOWEVER. i could even forgive THAT as them just being lazy, but then i see weird coding crap. i first noticed when i used a potion in the battle against brock and could attack the same turn. also, in the safari zone, i am capable of throwing multiple balls (not stones or bait, though, odd), before the wild 'mon has a chance to move. i haven't played gen 1 for anything more than a glitch mule before, but i'm pretty sure that doesn't happen.

in addition, i have missed about thirty ultra balls in a row when i threw them at a zapdos with super low health, with a fresh box selected. i tested the master ball and found that it worked, so it can't be that i don't have space. besides, i have room on my team.

that said, is all of this present in the english game, and i'm just not aware of it due to not playing it? my friends have confirmed the things like the ellipses to not be there, but that could just be a localization thing... but the other coding issues/things that are fucking with me?

basically, tell it to me straight - am i playing a hacked game, or the real thing?

thanks for answering, in advance.

also, is the pc supposed to have finite spaces as well as your bag?

Missing a pokéball in gen 1 is the equivelant of a really low catch chance so maybe you just weren't at a prime amount of health to try. Though if it was a mere pixel or something then yeah that'd probably be weird.

No idea about the rest of the stuff though.

confirming the missed pokeball thing, I've encountered that exact situation when trying to capture Zapdos

yeah, it really was a smidgeon, but i should probably have tried more times before reporting that. i'd figured it was indicative of a low catch rate, but zapdos in leafgreen never gave me that kind of crap...

as in the thirty ultra balls thing, not the missing thing; i'm aware they didn't put that in the newer games, hehe

Celever

i am town
Your PC and bag is supposed to have finite spaces, yeah. I won't say that your game is hacked, but it is probably about third-hand and is therefore worn out a load meaning some coding may not be up to scratch (pun :) )

Your PC and bag is supposed to have finite spaces, yeah. I won't say that your game is hacked, but it is probably about third-hand and is therefore worn out a load meaning some coding may not be up to scratch (pun :) )
I don't think that's the way code works... It doesn't "wear out" over time.

Anyway, while the missing Pokeball thing is possibly just bad luck, the using items in the same turn is DEFINITELY not normal. Being able to use multiple safari balls in a row before the Pokemon can react is also unusual. Both, if I'm right in my guess, would be due to a missing flag that ends your turn when you use an item (I'm guessing that the game treats the safari ball option as the item option, which would make sense since you actually (iirc) go into a tiny item menu to select and use them).

While it's possible that this is a bug in the french localization of the game, it strongly suggests that you have some sort of tampered version yes. Still I don't know enough about the French localization to say for sure, and the rest of the things you mentioned not related to translation are all present in other versions of the game.

I played the French versions of Red and Silver when I was a kid (because I'm French) and they worked properly. There may have some weird translations like instead of saying a pokemon is confused, they say it's crazy but it's still coherent.

I guess you're playing some kind of a hack.

I can translate French stuff if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)