Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, two quick questions (sorry if this is the wrong place to ask)

1) What site do you use to reliably upload photos and be sure that the link will not be broken like after a month?

2) Is there a search function like "Find all posts by Exbo in *that thread*"? Would be handy.

Thanks!

Natures

Is there a general consensus that a +Speed nature is better/more important than a +Atk/Sp. Atk one in the Battle Frontier?

Examples: Timid over Modest Zapdos, Jolly over Adamant Metagross

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Depends on the pokemon really. If it is something with a high speed tier anyways, it is generally superior to boost speed. If it is something with low speed tier, like Dragonite or Metagross, the attack boosting nature is preferred. Also, if you are running boosting moves, that should affect your decision. If your boosting move boosts up offensive stat only, run speed boosting nature. If it boosts speed only, run attack boosting nature. If it is both, it comes down to the base speed of the pokemon.

Thanks for the quick reply- I'm thinking of taking Modest over Timid for a Zapdos I'm RNGing, as its base Speed isn't particularly huge. Is that a good idea?

I may be wrong, but I think that somewhere in the forum there are speed tiers for Battle Frontier so you can check which pokemon outspeed Modest Zapdos but not Timid Zapdos.

Anyway here are some calcs on what outspeed modest but not timid:
- base 87-99 with 252+
- base 42-50 with 252+ and scarf
- base 51-58 with 252 and scarf
there are other combination of EV/nature/item but I don't think they are used (I mean, I don't think there's anything with 0 Spe EVs and a scarf)

Thanks for the list!
I decided to do a little searching of my own for curiosity's sake, and found this: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2182637&postcount=1047

Based on that list, a Scarfed positive base 100 is faster than everything after 49
(probably including it), so the only issue I'd have is priority. Weavile/Mamoswine and anything else with Ice Shard might be a problem, but for a moveset of Thunderbolt/Heat Wave/HP Ice/(Roost, Ancientpower, Signal Beam, or U-Turn) I'll be able to take them on.

how many pokemon are able to be captured in yellow without trading, cheating or glitch abuse? i've 129 at the moment; can i get any more?

how many pokemon are able to be captured in yellow without trading, cheating or glitch abuse? i've 129 at the moment; can i get any more?
13 Pokemon are unobtainable in Yellow, meaning the max number is 138 without trading, including Mew.

The unobtainable Pokemon are Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Ekans, Arbok, Raichu, Meowth, Persian, Koffing, Weezing, Jynx, Electabuzz, and Magmar.

13 Pokemon are unobtainable in Yellow, meaning the max number is 138 without trading, including Mew.

The unobtainable Pokemon are Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Ekans, Arbok, Raichu, Meowth, Persian, Koffing, Weezing, Jynx, Electabuzz, and Magmar.
but there are pokemon like alakazam and whatnot, too...

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
On white 2 I just beat Cheren and there was some rustling grass on the first route in the game. I went in it and found a level 2 patrat? Anyone know what happeneed?

On white 2 I just beat Cheren and there was some rustling grass on the first route in the game. I went in it and found a level 2 patrat? Anyone know what happeneed?
if you're wondering why the grass was shaking, that's a thing in unova. you can often find rarer pokemon/audino.

if you're wondering why you didn't get a rare pokemon/audino, the only pokes available on that route are purrloin and patrat, if i'm not mistaken.

You can´t also get 2 Eeveelutions and Gengar, Alakazam and Golem (there was a Trainier to swap Machamp iirc ^^)

So there were even 18 Pokémon.

You can´t also get 2 Eeveelutions and Gengar, Alakazam and Golem (there was a Trainier to swap Machamp iirc ^^)

So there were even 18 Pokémon.
Also you only get one of the fossils (two more there) and one Hitmon. So 21, meaning you have all you can get, probably. If you are somehow missing any, here are suggestions:

You're correct, you can trade Cubone for Machoke (which becomes Machamp) on Route 5 (Cerulean to Saffron).

Don't forget Porygon's only at the Game Corner, and Scyther and Pinsir are only at the Game Corner and Safari Zone. Speaking of which, I might suggest checking a list of Safari Zone Pokemon and seeing if you're missing any there. It's easy to miss rarer ones (Dratini, Tangela, Chansey, Tauros, and Kangaskhan are ONLY in there.). Well, Chansey's in Cerulean Cave too, but still rare.

Here's a link.

thanks so much~

porygon was absolutely ridiculous to get. GRINDING FOR MONEY IS SO ANNOYING IN THESE GAMES ASHDFS;F

If I KO Darkrai in Newmoon Island, will it respawn later? I've had absolute shit luck with RNGing it and I need to do some other things in my Platinum cartridge.

Also, couldn't you catch Chansey in Cerulean Cave in R/B/Y?

Can anyone tell me how to change Pokemon that appears on your battle video profile? It's the Dewott here:

There's a woman in Celestia City(or Nimbasa, can't remember), who will ask you if the Pokemon at the front of your party is your favorite. If you want to change it to a different Pokemon besides Dewott, have that Pokemon in front of your party and talk to her.

Two questions:
1) How would I raise my black entree level in W2?
2) Will people request to go to a shop that's already rank 10 in the Join Avenue?

Two questions:
1) How would I raise my black entree level in W2?
2) Will people request to go to a shop that's already rank 10 in the Join Avenue?
1) You have to join someone who has Black 2, as opposed to them joining you.

2) Yes, because it still raises your Join Avenue level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)