Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can only get a Shiny Celebi with that IV Transferer Glitch with Pokémon Stadium 2, where you can transfer the IV of a Pokémon to another one.
But that only works in Gen 2. In every other Generation Shiny Celebi is impossible, yeah.

Thanks, I didn´t believe, that I will get an answer xd
After I got the TM I need I will do it.

Yeap, it impossible to get there a Shiny, too. A lot of people said, that their got one, but NO ONE has ever proven it.

Maybe a stupid question. I will order a GB Transferer 2 for my Crystal, so that I can swap the battery without losing the save. Since I live in germany, it would need about 2 weeks of waiting. If I´m not playing until this, is there still a chance, that the battery will run dry and delete the save? Would be pretty awful.
Playtime is about 400 hours.

Thanks.
You could always port your Pokemon over to your Pokemon Stadium 2 in te meantime so that should the battery run out, your Pokemon will be safe.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You can only get a Shiny Celebi with that IV Transferer Glitch with Pokémon Stadium 2, where you can transfer the IV of a Pokémon to another one.
But that only works in Gen 2. In every other Generation Shiny Celebi is impossible, yeah.

Thanks, I didn´t believe, that I will get an answer xd
After I got the TM I need I will do it.

Yeap, it impossible to get there a Shiny, too. A lot of people said, that their got one, but NO ONE has ever proven it.

Maybe a stupid question. I will order a GB Transferer 2 for my Crystal, so that I can swap the battery without losing the save. Since I live in germany, it would need about 2 weeks of waiting. If I´m not playing until this, is there still a chance, that the battery will run dry and delete the save? Would be pretty awful.
Playtime is about 400 hours.

Thanks.
When you encounter it at its shrine in GS it has the standard chance of being shiny...

BLAST BURN ALL THE THINGS >O

not really, though. if you're using it in gen 5, most of the sets involve tms and natural level-up moves; swords dance is a possibility, but there's a gen 5 tm for that, so there's no real point.
Blast Burn is a Gen 5 tutor, in case you didn't know.

What's better to do, feed several low level low sheen poffins to a pokemon or one high level high sheen poffin?

Is this the appropriate place to ask for a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team rescue? If not, I need somewhere that takes those.

What's better to do, feed several low level low sheen poffins to a pokemon or one high level high sheen poffin?
you can only feed so many poffins to a poke before it will no longer take them - so make sure they're all good ones!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Is it possible to get shiny pokemon in pokemon rumble? I found a yellow lickitung earlier on there, and I couldn't believe my eyes!

Not really counting it as my first shiny encounter though, only has like 1200 power :(

These are more questions about the general canon, apologies if this isn't allowed here.

Can Kingdra function/battle/hover on land by virtue of its dragon typing?

Can Togekiss support the weight of a person in flight?

These are more questions about the general canon, apologies if this isn't allowed here.

Can Kingdra function/battle/hover on land by virtue of its dragon typing?

Can Togekiss support the weight of a person in flight?
I think these are unanswerable questions

for example pokemon like Basculin can also supposedly function/battle/hover during battles and they aren't dragon. And even Pidgey gets fly and can theoretically support a person in flight. It's literally a foot tall and weighs four pounds.

And even Pidgey gets fly and can theoretically support a person in flight. It's literally a foot tall and weighs four pounds.
i wouldn't question it. it can summon twisters and send a steel-melting heat wave simply by flapping its wings. thing's a monster.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I can't find anywhere to ask about clarification on site rules, and this place is generally very friendly, so where should I ask?
Best bet is to PM a friendly mod :) The mods form OI are fairly knowledgeable.

Tohekiss could more than support someone... I mean if Pidgey/Spearow/Taillow can...

Celever

i am town
Before. I remember having trouble with Volkner, so I grabbed DIALGA and ROAR OF TIME HAHAHA BITCHES!!!

(In fact, you could after the 7th gym I believe, as long as you go to the lake up by snowpoint first.)

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Before. The entire story with Team Galactic ends in Mt. Coronet, then the path to Volkner opens up next to Lakefront.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Three questions on Hidden Grottoes in BW2...

1)
According to Serebii and Bulbapedia, every time you take 256 steps in the overworld, there is a 5% chance of any grotto(es) "resetting" (new content is generated in one). From what I understand, a grotto will not "reset" if there is any content in it at all (an item, hidden or not, or a Pokémon), no matter how many steps are taken. The content has to be removed (picked up or battled) by a player to disappear. Am I correct?

2)
You can use Pass Powers to "Increase the chance of meeting a Pokémon" in the grottoes. In what way does this work?
- Does it lower the amount of steps required for the Grotto to have a chance of resetting?
- Is the chance of the grotto resetting increased from the usual 5%?
- Is the chance of meeting a Pokémon (usually 20%) increased, once the grotto resets?
- Something else?

3)
There are three Pass Powers concerning Hidden Grottoes: Hidden Grotto Power +, ++, and +++. The first lasts 5 minutes, the other two 10 and 15, respectively. Do the second and third tier powers have any "stronger" effect on Pokémon generation in grottoes, or is the only difference that they last longer and cost more?

Any answers would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Celever

i am town
1) Correct
2) Not sure on any to be honest.
3) Last longer and cost more only.

I'm pretty sure that's right, could be wrong though. :(

Need Help choosing the rest of my 4 pokemon for my HG playthrough.

Hey, um, I'm making a HG Run, and I need help choosing 4 pokemon. My starter is Typhlosion and my water type will be Lanturn.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you want a challenge take Ledyba :P, but it is fun too to look at either the Scramble challenge where people would want to give you mons, plus some extra restrictions to make the game somewhat harder (as it is made for 6 year old difficulty), also you can do a nuzlocke challenge, where the game decides any mon you get besides your starter, as well does it have some rules to make it harder too, so check out those forums! you may like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)