Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the max rank a Join Avenue shop can get to? 10? I've decided I should probably start working on mine and it'd be cool to know that.

Thanks.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
What's the max rank a Join Avenue shop can get to? 10? I've decided I should probably start working on mine and it'd be cool to know that.

Thanks.
10 is the maximum rank for each shop, yes. Once it reaches rank 10 it stops gaining points. The avenue itself goes all the way to 100 though.

Ah, I see. Has anyone maxed out all 8 shops then, or the whole Join Avenue to 100? How long should it take to get all 8 shops maxed out?

also trading for magnemites is so frusturating

if it's traded to another trainer, why is it still being offered for trade

So I'm really stuck in Black 2. I've just defeated the Shadow Triad in the Giant Chasm and now I'm not sure what I have to do...

So I'm really stuck in Black 2. I've just defeated the Shadow Triad in the Giant Chasm and now I'm not sure what I have to do...
Keep going. Go down the stairs, you'll leave the ship from the other side, enter a cave where you find Ghetsis.

Hope that helps :).

Honestly, this seems like the best forum for a request like that. The Wi-Fi board is mainly about trading Pokemon for the sake of using them for Wi-Fi battling, and the people there often have high standards about what they want for their Pokemon [perfect IVs, good natures, etc]. Completing the Pokedex is also part of the game, after all, which is what this section of Smogon is about, no?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I need a few pokemon to complete my dex on white 2, could someone direct me where to post such a request?
What sort of stuff are you looking for? :) I'd be more than willing to help out if I have the correct stuff and our timezones don't clash.

anyone try getting lugia at xd? I need to know what nature he should be. I want the master ball, but lugia takes 50 each time to catch so... help?

anyone try getting lugia at xd? I need to know what nature he should be. I want the master ball, but lugia takes 50 each time to catch so... help?
I would recommend getting one with a Timid nature for the wall set like in the DP analysis. Because the Lugia you get will lack Multiscale, he will depend on Speed to properly check threats.

Additionally, I recommend using a Pokemon with Synchronize with Timid, as it would help increase Lugia's nature to a 50% chance to get Timid.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I need a few pokemon to complete my dex on white 2, could someone direct me where to post such a request?
I bet someone already VMed/PMed you it buuut here you go: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3478061.

Honestly, this seems like the best forum for a request like that. The Wi-Fi board is mainly about trading Pokemon for the sake of using them for Wi-Fi battling, and the people there often have high standards about what they want for their Pokemon [perfect IVs, good natures, etc]. Completing the Pokedex is also part of the game, after all, which is what this section of Smogon is about, no?
You can also use the link above to ask for a Pokemon for Pokedexing.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm having some trouble getting a Plume Fossil on White 2 so I can revive an Archen. Both Serebii and Bulbapedia say that you get one from Lenora and not from the Twist Mountain daily fossil guy, even though I've read in a bunch of places he does offer them. Lenora wont give me one and after about 100 soft resets the fossil guy wont give me one either. So, any suggestions?

I have recently started a project to get all possible ribbons on my favorite Pokemon, Porygon. As of so far, I have all the 3rd gen contest ribbons except for the master Beauty, and master Cute contests. Could someone please recommend move-sets that would help me win there contests?

Do we have a section for help with the new layout yet?

I click "help" but all I get is how to do smilies and trophies and shit.

I dislike change.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If you have any specific questions, post them here. I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

there is a buttload of white on the picture you chose. maybe the forum is just focusing on the white? it does compress the image into a smaller square, after all. maybe pick one that is smaller/has a bigger design?

I'm planning on wining the Single Pokemon vs. Elite four Medal but i'm not sure who is the best poke for the job so i want some suggestions.

Seems I can't edit/delet my post after 5 minutes :/ I hope a mod can delet the previous one

My first solo run was

Terrakion @ Expert Belt/Focus Sash/Lum Berry/Rawst Berry
Ability: Justified
Nature: Adamant
EV: 4HP/252Atk/252Spe
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Zen Headbutt
Watch out for CC def drops when you fight Sturdy/Sash mons and bulky ones, always save before starting a battle!

In any case, don't forget to carry healing and PP restoring items, save before each battle to understand which pokemon you can OHKO and how to deal with the others, and to re-try if you miss or get critted/haxed to death.
You can also use one move to beat a specific E4 (Ghost/Dark coverage for Shauntal, Psychic for Marshall, etc.) and then replace it with a TM if needed.
And be at level 100, of course!

Then I did some others (mainly with dual-typed mons to get the "type-solo" medals quickly):

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Quiet (I found it in the Hidden Grotto, I got a nature "good enough")
EV: 4HP/252SpA/252Spe
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Volcarona @ Focus Sash/Expert Belt
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Modest
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Quiver Dance

Alakazam @ Focus Sash/Expert Belt/Life Orb
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Timid
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Substitute

Kyurem-W/Reshiram @ Expert Belt/Life Orb
Ability: Turboblaze
Nature: Modest
- Shadow Ball
- Dragon Pulse
- Fusion Flare
- Psychic

Togekiss @ Leftovers/Expert Belt
Ability: Seren Grace
Nature: Timid
- Aura Sphere
- Air Slash
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave

Rotom-? @Leftovers/Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Calm
- Blizzard/Hydro Pump/etc.
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Charge (lol, use Hidden Power or anything else)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm having some trouble getting a Plume Fossil on White 2 so I can revive an Archen. Both Serebii and Bulbapedia say that you get one from Lenora and not from the Twist Mountain daily fossil guy, even though I've read in a bunch of places he does offer them. Lenora wont give me one and after about 100 soft resets the fossil guy wont give me one either. So, any suggestions?
The easiest way is to go to Join Avenue, then ask either of the following NPC's to join & open an Antique Shop:
-Pokémon Ranger Annetta
-Pokémon Breeder Agata
-Parasol Lady Jane

One of those three — These are the only NPC's that can possibly get the fossil you are looking for. Then level that Antique shop to get your "rock" items sellable in said shop, then just buy those rock items daily & pray. There is a small chance you can get a Plume Fossil every time you buy one of the rock items. Time consuming, yes, but it is quite reliable.

what of npcs that are representations of the player character of another? is there specific criteria as to what they can give out, or is that determined by their trainer id or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)