1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Have a Question? Ask it Here! [READ THE FIRST POST]

Discussion in 'Mentorship Program' started by Jellicent, Oct 22, 2012.

1. IstheCakeReallyaLie

IstheCakeReallyaLie

How much support is planned to be for Doubles/Triples/Rotation in the future? I know that PS! already has dubs support planned, but what about the others? Will they be considered metagames without tiers or will they have tiers?

Sorry about that. It's just I've been really interested in the Doubles meta right now.
  2. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick, I knew him, Peter Gabriel too!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

In general post small stuff in the objective changes thread and larger ones in the subjective thread. Be sure to post the exact page and what generation (ie the Gen 4 Victreebell page). I went ahead and removed 4 HP EV's as the set needs max attack and enough speed to outspeed certain other pokes.
  3. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Great Sage x Cathy is my OTP
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Other Metas Leader

Layell, you need to have someone cache it too :\

IsTheCakeReallyALie, they will all be implemented in the future - in fact, Doubles is well on the way. I can't speak for triples and rotation, although I doubt they will come before past generation support.
  4. JakeeeeZard

JakeeeeZard

Is there anywhere on Smogon I can ask for FCs so I can play against other Pokemon users online other than posting in Ruins of Alph? (I play HG) That forum seems pretty inactive and seeing as I use strictly OU Pokemon, could I post something about it there?
  5. Megapossum

Megapossum

Has there been any changes to the Tier lists? I haven't checked since before B2/W2 got released in Japan. If someone could give me a link to where they're mentioned or whatever it'd be greatly appreciated :)
  6. Shining Kestral

Shining Kestral

You can try the Battle Finder! It's a way to post a request for any type of battle you want. There's also this thread where you can request a battle if the Battle Finder isn't working for you.
  7. Zacchaeus

Zacchaeus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

If you had a team of Plus Plusle, Minus Klinklang, and Minus Minun in a triple battle, would each of them get a 2.25x boost to Special Attack?
  8. Jkickit

Jkickit

Which of these sounds best?

Maractus
    252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp.Def
    Sassy (+Spdef , -Speed)
    -Cotton Guard
    -Toxic
    -Giga Drain
    -Drain Punch

Maractus
    252 HP/252 Atk/4 Sp.Def
    Adamant/Brave (+Atk, -Sp.Atk/Speed)
    -Cotton Guard
    -Drain Punch
    -Needle Arm/Giga Drain
    -Sucker Punch

Maractus
    252 HP/252 Sp.Atk/4 Sp.Def
    Quiet (+Sp.Atk, -Speed)
    -Cotton Guard
    -Hyper Voice
    -Giga Drain
    -Drain Punch
  9. some hero

some hero

Was there a battle simulator for mobile phones? Or did i just dream that?
  10. Matthew

Matthew I love weather; Sun for days
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

PokemonShowdown! can be played on most browsers in Android / iOS / Windows Mobile.
  11. Ashenlock

Ashenlock

If Arceus hits a Cofagrigus while holding a plate and gets Mummy, will it revert to a Normal type? I'm using it for the various type-based Elite Four medals and I want to make sure Mummy doesn't ruin them.
  12. Hutch3

Hutch3

Something I've always been wondering...if I'm trying to catch a specific pokemon that has a 5% chance of showing up does killing all the wild pokemon I see increase the chances of seeing the pokemon I'm looking for or does it have no effect on it at all?
  13. alkinesthetase

alkinesthetase <@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
    is a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

only rarely do carts let pokemon change type in the middle of battle, barring exceptions like relic song or reflect type. in addition, due to the nature of multitype being hard coded to arceus and what not, it tends to resist all those shenanigans. i'm going to look it up now to be sure, but i'd imagine the answer is no, arceus retains its primary type

indeed, according to bulbapedia:
  14. Zacchaeus

Zacchaeus

No effect. Each encounter is independent of another unless of course you are chaining with the PokéRadar or something
  15. Haku16

Haku16

is Hp-Ice(70) weaker in the sun?
  16. bluejackets82

bluejackets82

Suicine IVs HG/SS

Are Suicine's IVs generated at release or at battle in HG/SS?

Thanks
  17. Zacchaeus

Zacchaeus

No. Only Water-type attacks are weakened by Sunny Day
  18. MaddMoni

MaddMoni

What are IV's and why are they important?
  19. PattyP

PattyP

Is there an appeal thread and if so can someone please direct me to it, thank you
  20. Zacchaeus

Zacchaeus

I can only assume you mean for Pokémon Showdown, in which case it is here. If you are appealing something on the forums, you will just have to PM an administrator

IV explanation. IVs are important in competitive play because perfect IVs give a Pokémon a noticeable stat advantage over a Pokémon with random or just bad IVs. IVs also determine the type and power of Hidden Power
  21. Shining Kestral

Shining Kestral

At battle.
  22. Je-Muzu

Je-Muzu

Just Wondering , Where do people think Blaziken would of been, if it just had Blaze, cause it was already a good UU pokemon before?
    Sorry if this place is the wrong place to ask this
  23. Churros007

Churros007

Shed Shell

I have a question on the mechanics of Shed Shell in BW2. I am running a Politoed with a Shed Shell on my team, due to my friend completely destroying me with a Shadow Tag Chandelure, and I decided to try him out on the Battle Subway. When I was battling, I sent out Politoed (equipped with Shed Shell) and I noticed when I tried to switch out normally and about 75% of the time the game refused to let me switch him out. This has never happened to me before, so I'm wondering, is this a common occurence, and would this happen over Wi-Fi battles?
  24. Joel

Joel

More of a wifi question (possibly), but also, a potentially odd question, but I really need to know...................................................

Including past generations, is there ANY legal breeding combo that will allow the "Jigglypuff line" to get BOTH Wish, and Perish Song?
  25. Zacchaeus

Zacchaeus

You would need a specific example to cite this happening because as far as I know, unless they trapped you and removed your item or at least removed your item's effect, (Embargo, Wonder Room,) that wouldn't be possible

No

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)