1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Have a Question? Ask it Here! [READ THE FIRST POST]

Discussion in 'Mentorship Program' started by Jellicent, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Vacate

Vacate Molecules.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    The Player Co-Leader

The site is still being improved, so there's no set date on when the new analyses will go live. Just stick around I guess :]
    Cobalt314 likes this.
  2. Cambo Slice

Cambo Slice

I'm trying to do some competitve team building but breeding for ivs is arduous. Should i just grind it out or is there a way to get ived males easily.
  3. Darnell

Darnell Perfect Harmony
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

You can try this Wifi Room to trade Pokemon on Pokemon Showdown, if you need any help in there feel free to contact me. My name is Darnell on there, one of the Room Owners. You can also try this Trading forum which deals with simple trades, the people that tend to lurk on there are really nice and will be sure to help you with other things as well, such as evolving Pokemon or answering questions. Honestly, if you plan on doing it yourself the only is to unfortunately try your best in breeding until you get the IVs you want.
  4. Kangaaroo

Kangaaroo

UU just started their UU analyses, RU hasn't started yet and NU doesn't even exist. So probably not for quite a while.
  5. Awesomejoon

Awesomejoon

Hi, I just joined this forum, and I have numerous questions to ask. i'm not trying to bothersome, but I am very confused about......everything. I get the general concept of wi-fi battling etc... but OU, NU, Uber, breeding, ev training sounds like a martians language? Can anybody teach me about these? (I just finished Y, by the way)
  6. Kangaaroo

Kangaaroo

Hey there, and welcome to Smogon! I think the Wi-Fi Sub-forums would be best here to answer your question. And though I'm not a Mentor, you have certainly come to the right place!
  7. Vacate

Vacate Molecules.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    The Player Co-Leader

For the tiers, I suggest the Tiering FAQ. This might be helpful for your queries on breeding. For your other questions, it'd be much easier to answer them in real time, as I'm not sure there are many Smogon articles on this. You can join #mentor on IRC through here (http://mibbit.com/#mentor@irc.synirc.net)
  8. Xylen

Xylen ◕‿‿◕
    is a Community Contributor
    Mentor

Welcome to smogon, other then the stuff Vacate said, feel free to pm/vm me questions. I'll be glad to help :>
  9. Aw205

Aw205

how to upload animated sprites of pokemon on threads?
  10. Vacate

Vacate Molecules.
    The Player Co-Leader

You should check out the PS sprites and then insert the one you want using the 'image' button in the post.
  11. Redew

Redew Play Star Wars: The Old Republic with me! (PM me)
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

also this is a good post

12. Aw205

Aw205

13. King UU

King UU
    is a Tutor

In general it takes about 6-8 months after a new generation to come out to provide analysis. Also, keep in mind, with every new generation comes new pokemon. What this means is that more analyses have to be created for the extra pokemon.

Be patient, and for now, feel free to come to different chat rooms to ask about viable sets. You'll always find someone willing to help. If you need UU help, find me at UU.
  14. Gym Leader Phantom

Gym Leader Phantom

I'm Working on a new team of pokemon and i wanted to ask the smogon forum for help. Where on the forums would be a good place to go for teambuilding advice? I only have 2 pokemon on the team decided on so i'm not sure if Rate my team is the right place or not. Also i'm building the team on my pokemon Y cart so i'm somewhat limited in pokemon/moveset options. Is there anywhere on smogon i can go for advice that is willing to take that into consideration?
  15. Sandakada

Sandakada

Hey, I'm looking for an answer to my very desperate question. I'm not sure if this goes here, but I need an answer so bad:

I IV'd my perfect little Lotad, but I forgot to check on Google to check when he learns Rain Dance, and I let him evolve without learning it! :( Is this a lost cause?
  16. Hulavuta

Hulavuta "The Phone-Post King"
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Hi Sandakada, Rain Dance is a TM and Lombre can learn it, so don't worry, you can just teach it that way! If you're playing XY, you can find it in Lumiose City according to Bulbapedia.
  17. sirDonovan

sirDonovan Guardian of the imaginarium
    is a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

In most of the tier forums, you can find teambuilding threads. Here are some examples: OU Teambuilding, RU Teambulding, and LC Teambuilding
    DHR-107 likes this.
  18. Dragongroudon9

Dragongroudon9

19. largo233

largo233

I hate to ask this here, but I don't know where else to ask. Is there a specific forum for trades and FCs? Please and thank you.
  20. Xylen

Xylen ◕‿‿◕
    is a Community Contributor
    Mentor

There's the wifi subforum you could use, you could ask for fc in this thread,
  21. Adrima

Adrima

Hi ! How can I create the little box that you can open or close ? ( Sorry if my question is not very clear, I can't do better :/ )
  22. sirDonovan

sirDonovan Guardian of the imaginarium
    is a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

You can create that by putting hide tags around your text, like this:
    Code:
    [hide]text here[/hide]
  23. Adrima

Adrima

Thank you SirDonovan ^^
  24. Air

Air

The Code is as follows:
    Code:
    [hide=Title]
    Content
    [/hide]
    Title (open)

Content

Edit: Ninja'd
  25. gold azumarill

gold azumarill

where do i post my videos for battle simulator and apply to be a tutor

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)