1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Have a Question? Ask it Here! [READ THE FIRST POST]

Discussion in 'Mentorship Program' started by Jellicent, Oct 22, 2012.

1. gold azumarill

gold azumarill

where do i go on this website to post my videos and sign up to be a tutor
  2. Darnell

Darnell @SmogonDarnell ^.^
    is a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

If you mean, videos from YouTube I'm afraid there is no place for that but you can post the battle replays in this thread http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/show-off-your-funny-and-or-amazing-battles-here.3475248/
    As for applying to be a 'tutor', do you mean mentor or tutor, they are two different things...
    Tutor:
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tutor-profiles-applications-open-approved-tutors-only.3496765/
    Mentor:
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-program-how-to-find-a-mentor-inside.3502217/

In future times, instead of posting twice, you can just click 'Edit' on your comment as well, it avoids clogging up a thread :) Hope I helped!
  3. Air

Air

Best sticky web abusers?
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
  4. Darnell

Mentor

Ariados, Galvantula, Kricketune, Leavanny, Masquerain, Sewaddle, Shuckle, Smeargle, Spinarak, Surskit, Swadloon

Isn't much of a variety to choose from to be honest, everyone just goes with Galvantula and it seems best in the requirements that you need.
  5. Air

Air

Sticky Web ABUSERS. like stuff that have an advantage when sticky web is in play.
  6. Darnell

Mentor

Ohhh, I see woops xD Which tier, sorry?
  7. Nickokster

Nickokster

Empoleon is Weak to just Mach Punch, Bisharp is resistant to Sucker Punch and Bullet Punch.. but Mach Punch...

Milotic Kinda can thanks to Competitive...

There are not much sticky web Abusers under those parameters...
  8. Air

Air

Sorry I had 2 go yesterday. The tier is OU.

It doesn't have to be around those parameters, it's just want "would" have the best sticky web abuser.
  9. Nickokster

Nickokster

Bisharp by far...

That thing with +2 Attack is Letal.. Trust me
  10. Air

Air

POKEMON THAT BENIFIT FROM STICKY WEB BEING ON THE OPPOSING SIDE OF THE FIELD.
    I need to word my questions better...
  11. Nickokster

Nickokster

Yeah, i think so...You were asking the same thing like for 4 posts...

Ok, i didn´t get that very well either... So, i will Just PM you so we don´t have to flood this thread
  12. Air

Air

i still need help with this.
    Tagging Darnell
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
    Darnell likes this.
  13. Achelexus

Achelexus

Okay, so I haven't played since DPP(around 2009, lead metagame, scizor and heatran on every single team, etc), what were important changes in gen 5 and 6? How did the metagame go from there?
  14. EonX

EonX @TheEonX
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Air , this generally depends on the tier. As I'm only experienced with UU and RU, I'll only give suggestions there. For UU, Milotic is probably the best for taking advantage of Sticky Web if it's on your side of the field. Otherwise, slower powerhouses such as Exploud, Chandelure, and Nidoqueen become incredibly dangeorus with Sticky Web support.
    As for RU, Exploud is here as well. Some other choices would be Gallade, Moltres, and Hitmonlee as they love being able to outspeed faster opponents without the need to try and run a Choice Scarf.

Achelexus , well, most Pokemon got access to 3rd abilities via the Dream World in BW (and Friend Safari in XY) Team Preview has generally removed the need for a dedicated lead as you and your opponent now see each other's full teams before the battle starts. New moves such as Scald (Water-type move that burns 30% of the time) Psyshock (calculates damage using the user's Special Attack and target's physical Defense) and Sticky Web (lowers the Speed of any grounded Pokemon by one stage upon entering battle) have certainly changed up how the metagame is played. Then there's the basic buffs and nerfs for attacks. As of XY, Defog now removes ALL of the entry hazards from the field, both your opponent's and your own. Many special attacks received minor power nerfs in XY as well in an attempt to balance out Mega Evolution (also introduced in XY), a thing that has made previous no-shows in OU, such as Mawile, Charizard, and Pinsir, incredibly dangerous and viable.
    Achelexus and Redew like this.
  15. Air

Air

16. Jellicent

Jellicent ~the spirit who loves spirits~
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Ruiner of Alph

I'd say the metagame as a whole is much more offensive. Obviously there are a whole slew of new Pokemon to prepare for (too many to list; you'd have to look into them each or check out viability rankings to get a rough idea of the major ones). A lot of the previously banned Pokemon (Latios, Latias, Mew, Garchomp, Wobbuffet, Salamence, Wynaut [Deo-S and -D in XY]) are free once more.

Gen 5 brought us Team Preview, so dedicated leads became less common. Several old Pokemon got cool new abilities from the Dream World, most notably Politoed (Drizzle) and Ninetails (Drought), which gave all 4 weathers an auto-inducer in OU. Again, you'd probably want to check out viability rankings to see which Pokemon got the best buffs. Notable new moves include Volt Switch (an Electric-type U-turn) and Scald (an 80 BP Water-type attack with a 30% burn chance). Explosion also got a big nerf; it no longer halves Defense before calculating damage. There were some other move / ability / etc. mechanics that changed slightly as well.

Gen 6 introduced the Fairy type, which is notably immune to Dragon. Some previously underwhelming Pokemon like Mawile and Clefable gained Fairy typing, which made them both much better. Mawile also gained a Mega evolution, which is a new concept. For the cost of an item slot, you can have certain Pokemon Mega evolve, which makes them much more badass; you can only have one Mega evo per team (2+ mons can hold a Mega stone; you just can't have more than 1 of them Mega evolve each battle). Knock Off got a big Base Power buff, making it a common and awesome attack. Defog also now works kinda like Rapid Spin (for both sides), making it solid as well. Sticky Web is a new entry hazard that lowers opposing Pokemon's Speed, but only a handful of Pokemon like Galvantula and Smeargle get it. Auto-weather abilities got nerfed to only 5 turns instead of permanent.

Obviously quite a lot changes over 2 generations (think RBY to ADV or GSC to DPP, albeit this is less drastic than those), so that's just some of the bigger ones. I'm definitely missing a few major things and tons of minor things, so your best bet is to try out XY on the ladder and learn through experience. Hopefully that helped a bit, though~

Edit: Sniped, but there's still some handy info here, so I'll leave it :P
  17. Galladium

Galladium Banned deucer.

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but do you have to have a certain amount of posts before you start a new thread? I just want to know for sure, as I am thinking of posting a suggestion in the Suggestion Box about something that relates to this.
  18. Jellicent

Jellicent ~the spirit who loves spirits~
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Ruiner of Alph

Nope, you can start a thread as your first post if you'd like. It's actually pretty common over in RMT.

Be sure to read the rules in the Suggestion Box before making a thread, though. Otherwise, it'll just get locked quickly~
  19. Galladium

Galladium Banned deucer.

Thanks for the reply. I did read the rules in the Suggestion Box, that's actually what brought me here. I just don't my thread to get locked because I misunderstood something.
  20. Funyuns

Funyuns

why am i locked on showdown i feel that there is no reason why i should be locked
  21. Darnell

Mentor

22. Vacate

Vacate Supernova
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    The Player Co-Leader

You can appeal it in the Discipline Appeals subforum, but make sure you read this thread before posting!
  23. Nickokster

Nickokster

It could be that your IP was known for abuse maybe? That happened to me like two times, if that didn´t happen then do what Vacate and Darnell said.
  24. Redew

Redew
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I updated the OP btw. Everything should have the correct links.
    Xylen likes this.
  25. Air

Air

Is there a way of getting a custom title without having a badge? Ive seen members with Custom Titles without badges. is it because there badge was taken away from them?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)