1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Have a Question? Ask it Here! [READ THE FIRST POST]

Discussion in 'Mentorship Program' started by Jellicent, Oct 22, 2012.

1. LightningLuxray

LightningLuxray
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Sometimes, it's because people have had a badge and then lost it. Other times, it's because people have done something for the site and have been rewarded with a custom title. For example, I remember one badgeless person received a custom title for writing trivia for The Smog.
    Air likes this.
  2. TheGamedawg

TheGamedawg

I have my own trade thread and I'm thinking about grouping multiple Pokemon by what gen they're from. I want to use those "Show/Hide" lists to do it, although I can't find anywhere how you make or use them. Can anyone help?
  3. Darnell

Darnell @SmogonDarnell ^.^
    is a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

http://www.smogon.com/forums/help/bb-codes

This is all you need :) It should help you out with all those formats!

[​IMG]
    TheGamedawg likes this.
  4. Kangaaroo

Kangaaroo

Does anyone know when Smogon will be out if redesign...
    Nickokster and Air like this.
  5. Jellicent

Jellicent ~the spirit who loves spirits~
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Ruiner of Alph

There's no set date or time at the moment, but it is still getting worked on~
    Kangaaroo likes this.
  6. jaeden

jaeden

hey everyone im looking for anyone with a ditto safaRI pm if you have it im new and cant find anyone who has one
  7. Kangaaroo

Kangaaroo

Welcome to Smogon! You might want to try the Wi-Fi thread if you're looking for Friend Safaris. Over there there'll be people who'll gladly accept your offer, but over here not so much.
  8. Xylen

Xylen Perfect Harmony
    is a Community Contributor
    Mentor

To add on to what Kangaaroo said, there's a few ways. You can use the Wifi Simple request thread for safaris, or the Wi-fi room on Pokemon Showdown!
  9. Ebbeys

Ebbeys

Hey guys, new to the forum, hope this is an ok place to post this question.
    Me and a colleague compete against each other, and the last challenge we discussed was to add a smeargle to each of our teams. My idea was a bit creative rather than the ones seen online:

Smeargle
    Ev and personality maxed in speed
    Moves:
    Spore
    Substitute
    Swagger
    Transform

So spore to start, substitite to cover if it wakes, swagger to give extra confusion cover while boosting its stats as much as i can before transforming into it.

I'm playing on emerald and have fire red to trade with.

I read online that on generation 3 transform can be sketched by smeargle as long as it fails. Which doesnt work on either game. I even went to the extent of sending a ditto to sleep, switching to alakazam, used trick to give the ditto a quick claw, back to smeargle which used fly, hoping the ditto would attack twice with the claw so i could have a free sketch when i landed.
    Meh. Frustrated.

My question simply is whether anyone has tought smeargle transform on any gen 3 game? Or are other sources like bulbapedia misinformed about it and i should give up?

Thanks!
    Ebbes
  10. Darnell

Mentor

This only works in Ruby/Sapphire, but it CAN be done.

You should teach your Smeargle Spore for this trick. Be in a dual battle with someone. Have Smeargle be first and Ditto be second. Make sure your Smeargle is faster (it should be) and use Spore on Ditto (and your two enemies to be safe if you want). Next turn, tell Smeargle to Sketch Ditto and have your sleeping Ditto attempt to transform into Smeargle. Even though Ditto is sleeping, Sketch will still register Transform as the last attack it used.
    Source of information!
  11. Ebbeys

Ebbeys

Thanks for the reply, read that originally when looking for methods. No luck on emerald or fire red though.. sketch still fails. Are you sure about ruby/ sapphire? If so i will get the version and trade it over. I presumed it would be the same as emerald.
  12. Darnell

Mentor

Being 100% honest, I'm not entirely sure. You may want to try asking in this thread!
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...item-requests-etc-go-here-no-hacking.3507660/
    It deals with in-game questions such as this one but from what I'm reading on Google, it should do. Please ask it on that thread first however :)
  13. jaeden

jaeden

does anyone have a spare protean froakie?
  14. Darnell

Mentor

Hi there ^_^! not sure if you missed the posts that were suggested to you above but...

These hyperlinks will be much more effective for you, I can assure you of that rather than asking here :)
  15. Mowtom

Mowtom

What does it mean when someone has the title "Banned Deucer"? What privileges does it restrict? What would one have done to get that title?
  16. Vacate

Vacate Supernova
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    The Player Co-Leader

That title is reserved for banned users. If you say banned deucer, it sounds similar to banned user.
  17. Mowtom

Mowtom

So they can't use their account anymore? What heinous thing would be done to get that title?
  18. Vacate

Vacate Supernova
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    The Player Co-Leader

Being banned means you can't access the forums at all for a certain period of time. Some bans are permanent, whereas some bans only last a few months. Users who fail to follow forum rules can be infracted, and after a certain number of points you would receive a ban. If you follow the rules put up in a few places, there should be no problem though.
    Unjustly Banned. and Mowtom like this.
  19. PreAlpha0

PreAlpha0

How do you link a Showdown account to a Smogon account? I'm participating in the suspect test and want to be able to vote.
  20. Andrew

Andrew beep boop
    is an Artist
    Mentor

the common way is to take a screen shot of your alt and placement, then post in the suspect thread, this is what happened last time. In the profile page, there is a option for linking , but it is still being worked on?

On another note i am mostly looking for friends to discuss pokemon teambuilding and such on PS..I've made a similar post somewhere else and it was very fruitful, however this might be a good place too. I'm not really looking for "mentoring" per say, just someone to discuss different aspects of teambuilding, testing, sets, etc in a casual manner n_n
  21. Xylen

Xylen Perfect Harmony
    Mentor

You can screenshot your results and upload it to a image uploader (or whatever you call imgur and stuff) then posting it in the thread,

There is always the Competitive Tutoring room on PS!. People there discuss about pokemon sets and test with each other all the time.
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
    Andrew and Kangaaroo like this.
  22. Andrew

Andrew beep boop
    is an Artist
    Mentor

thx i will have to check that room out ive never been there except for tiems when there wasn't anybody there but i will go there and see, maybe ill see u there :D
  23. Minus

Minus
    is a Contributor Alumnus

You may already know this, and as Xylophone pointed out, the Competitive Tutoring room is a nice place to go to to discuss things about the metagame, but I usually find the tier room as a better place (like UnderUsed or w/e).
    Andrew and Xylen like this.
  24. rossmacdaddy

rossmacdaddy

Hi! I'm new to these forums, and I have a question about Clawitzer. In the preliminary discussion on the XY Hub, I'm seeing recommendations for 252 HP/252 SpAtk EV spreads with Leftovers. Is there a reason 216 HP/252 SpAtk/40 SpDef isn't being recommended instead? 216 gives Clawitzer 337 HP (Leftovers # +1), which leaves some room to add some type of Defense or a few Speed points if trying to break the base 60 threshold. I'm considering the following... and I don't know if I'm forgetting something obvious:

Clawitzer @ Leftovers/Assualt Vest
    Modest
    216 HP / 252 SpAtk / 40 Sp Def

Water Pulse
    Aura Sphere
    Ice Beam
    Dark Pulse

I know Ice Beam and Dark Pulse could be slashed with other moves, I'm more concerned with the EV spread. Can someone give me some advice?
  25. Xylen

Xylen Perfect Harmony
    Mentor

Welcome to Smogon! You can always post your opinion in the thread, and discuss it together. But if you think that fits you better, then i'd say go for it and use it.
    Minus likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)