1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Have a Question? Ask it Here! [READ THE FIRST POST]

Discussion in 'Mentorship Program' started by Jellicent, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Onicon

Onicon

Can anyone outline the "i have a bad team" case? It looks like it has gone over our head because we do not frequently visit NU.
  2. Diatom

Diatom An enigma
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

What happens if you baton pass Leech Seed to a grass-type?
  3. IstheCakeReallyaLie

IstheCakeReallyaLie

What use percentages make a 'Mon move up/down a tier?
  4. Kaos

Kaos

What do I download to get to the Smogon Server? I recently started playing PO again, but the server for Smogon seems to be gone now...
  5. Zeta5

Zeta5

What scarfers does Electrode out speed?
  6. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Deer Lord
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

When tiers update (every three months), Pokemon with a total three-month usage of below ~3.41% move down a tier (with the exception of Ubers). Pokemon with above ~3.41% usage in a higher tier than their current one (again, with the exception of Ubers) will move up to that tier.
    Smogon now uses a web-based simulator called Pokemon Showdown! If you have any questions, you can send a moderator a PM online or ask in this thread.
    Max speed Electrode hits 416 Speed, which will outspeed positive natured base 76 (Nidoqueen, Hitmontop) and below and neutral natured base 88 (solely Excadrill, which is banned) and below.
  7. Redless

Redless

I was in the middle of a balanced hackmons match on PS!, and my opponent had an unaware Pokemon against my mold breaker Pokemon. My opponent asked the main chat if mold breaker effected unaware, and they answered that it did not. I proceeded to attack the unaware Pokemon with a +6 attack stat, and as the chat said, it did very little damage. After the battle, I checked Smogon, Bulbapedia, and Veekun, and all said that mold breaker did, in fact effect unaware. Is this a PS! bug, or are these sites somehow wrong or outdated?
  8. Lorenz

Lorenz

Has DW Zapdos been released yet?
  9. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Nope.

One day, one day...
  10. Lorenz

Lorenz

I know right? Wondering how DW will be affected by the release of Gen 6. Will there still be regular releases or will they rush out everything before Oct?
  11. Codraroll

Codraroll

There's a third option. Look up the Azure Flute.
  12. zaana

zaana

Ok so im trying to build a team using
    Scizor
    Porygo 2
    And salamenceIm just looking for good partners for them any and all help would be much appreciated ^_^
  13. zaana

zaana

is clefable a good idea for a tank?

Posted from Smogon.com App for Android
  14. Flaresun

Flaresun

What should a title for Tutee talk thread be like?
  15. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

Basic Tier Question

This may seem like an obvious question, however, I will ask it anyway. Are the Pokemon that are viable in each tier inclusive of all the tiers below it? Obviously, the ban lists are factored in here. For example, could you run any RU Pokemon in an OU team, but you cannot run any OU in a RU team etc.? Do I have it right?
  16. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Deer Lord
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

You've got it down perfectly. To provide an example: you can use Stoutland on your OU team, but you can't use Terrakion on your NU team.
  17. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

Thanks for verifying. I was certain I had it, but just had to be sure
  18. Sensei_Bobbilytus

Sensei_Bobbilytus

Can anyone throw me a list of good defensive pokemon? I love playing tanky, and I have a handful of guys, but I'm sorta just breeding for fun at this point and I'm not sure what else to make. Cradily is by far my favorite, with guys like Gastrodon and Weezing also being really amusing. I just don't know if there are some obvious pokemon I've never thought to use that I might really enjoy. Mainly UU/OU
  19. Codraroll

Codraroll

Skarmory. I've heard good stuff about Ferrothorn too.

EDIT: Whoops, big mistake. Thought I was in the Orange Islands SQSA. Removed references to in-game use.
  20. Sensei_Bobbilytus

Sensei_Bobbilytus

I have both Ferrothorn and Skarmory. I know I should include a bigger list of stuff I already have, but if it helps, my preference are pokemon like Suicune who are good at going max HP/Def+calm mind or HP/SpDef+curse.

More importantly, is it really true that you can't breed Dream World abilities of pokemon that are genderless/male only? I really want an Unburden Hitmonlee, but I have no way to get it?
  21. Panda

Panda

Does Analytic boost the power of Mirror Coat?
  22. Viddax89

Viddax89

The Leech Seed stays. It stays because the original Pokemon wasn't grass-type, which is when the status was inflicted.
  23. Juuka

Juuka

Is there an archive of all of the tier lists for Black and White? I'm curious of all the trends.
  24. SirLudicopro

SirLudicopro

I know I'm asking this everywhere, but since nobody is answering me:
    Since in wi-fi battle finder there's no BW2 option, how can I do a BW2 battle finder?
  25. Darkk

Darkk

Hi, I am new to Smogon University. I just downloaded Pokemon Online Simulator, which server should I join to play with the Smogoners? :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)