1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Have a Question? Ask it Here! [READ THE FIRST POST]

Discussion in 'Mentorship Program' started by Jellicent, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Unoriginal Name

Unoriginal Name

1. [noparse]TEXT GOES HERE or www.smogon.com[/noparse] makes TEXT GOES HERE and www.smogon.com, respectively. Interchange "www.smogon.com" with whatever site you want to link to.

2. This one should be asked in the OU SQSA, but regardless: Breloom is a good counter, with immunity to Leech Seed, access Spore and STAB Focus/Mach Punch. Conkeldurr also can work, along with anything else with a decent Fighting move (Specially based preferred). Espeon and Xatu can bounce back Ferrothorn's support moves with Magic Bounce. Taunt and Trick users are also very effective.
  2. Phizzlax

Phizzlax

Is there a place in the forums for discussion on the upcoming gen 6 games? I haven't posted in years, can't seem to find anything like that now.
  3. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

^There was a REALLY big thread, this one:
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3477190
    Ten thousand posts of speculation to go through. Enjoy.

However, since everything we know about Pokémon X&Y and Gen. VI in general can be read in less than five minutes here, we eventually ran out of things to discuss. You can name anything from the videos, pictures, "leaked news" (most, if not all of which, has been proven bullcrap) or even your own ideas, and it has most likely been mentioned twice in there. Until more news are announced, the thread will remain locked. Most likely, a new thread will be created, since large threads tend to mess with the forum software.

A few of us attempted to sum up the highlights of the discussion here. Most things that have been talked about in the thread is archived there, in a slightly more readable format.
  4. Phizzlax

Phizzlax

Thanks, was just wondering what, if any, reaction the community had to the most recent type chart leak from Hiro. There is an appropriate amount of pointless vitriol, and when I'm bored I can read through it I guess.

Question answered, thank you.
  5. Cobraroll

Cobraroll

^From what I can remember, the community as a whole remained unconclusive on Hirobyte (if you mean that "Fairy type" thing, that is). The concept of a new type is hard to swallow for some, but GameFreak has been teasing us with types of the announced Pokémon, and Hirobyte has leaked legit stuff in the past. There were many arguments back and forth, but without more solid facts, we couldn't come to an agreement. The "Let's wait and see" mentality conquered in the end.
  6. SWAGSIDE

SWAGSIDE

Has anybody got advice in regards to using a gengar set with destiny bond? I.E. move set, items, compatible team. Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place!
  7. Brood_Star

Brood_Star

How do people usually watch tournament or high-level games? Does the chatroom get notified or do they just stare at the live battles and watch games that are recognized?
  8. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence is a three-dimensional retard.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

There's no real way to do it consistently. Sometimes it gets posted in the thread, for example, Smogon Tour Finals pre-match of TV-Rocka vs McMeghan, the date was posted in the Smogon Tour Finals thread. Sometimes you can find it through VM conversations, or through luck, or through IRC if they announce it on #pokemon or the respective tier of the tournament they are playing.
  9. Karakura Yellow

Karakura Yellow

Is there a simulator that supports ADV?
  10. Rayne Sylvan

Rayne Sylvan

I can't find a better place to ask this, so I thought I could just post here. Is there a way to change my username?
  11. DEOXYS attack forme

DEOXYS attack forme

I have looked everywhere and can't find out whether I should get a mild or rash Deoxys attack forme. Is there ANYTHING at all that a mild Deoxys would survive that a rash one wouldn't, or a rash one would but a mild one wouldn't? ( I want to know because I am soft-resetting for a perfect one in black 2)
  12. dcae

dcae naughty list

@Karakura Yellow: Pokemon Online should have Adv supported. Showdown doesn't unfortunately.

@Rayne Silvan: To change your username, you must PM and admin with a good reason about why you are changing your username, and if they accept, then you can get it changed. There used to be a system where you had up to three name changes, but they removed it.
  13. Cyberkirby

Cyberkirby

Porygon-Z's future?

Will Porygon-Z ever have a place in the OU metagame again? Or was DPP it's 5 minutes of fame? It should have at least a small niche in the OU meta, considering it has some of the highest Special Attack of all Normal-Type Pokémon.
  14. TGMD

TGMD +Biosci: you both gave me crabs
    is a Tutoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    Tournament Winner

No it won't, not in BW anyway, it's completely outclassed by the likes of Thundurus-T. For future reference, this question would go in the Overused SQSA thread.
  15. Gouz

Gouz

hey man
    havent play since 6 years. the new shit is to new for me lol. the good old pokemon netbattle still works, do you guys have some servers online there because i dont know the ip idresses?

in respect,
    gouz
  16. TGMD

TGMD +Biosci: you both gave me crabs
    is a Tutoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    Tournament Winner

Smogon's official server is currently Pokemon Showdown. Here's the link: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/, and welcome back :)
  17. Gouz

Gouz

thanks for the fast answer bro

edit:

does the old netbattle doesnt exist more?

is it possible to play LG/FR oder RS in this new simulator?

thanks
  18. Princess Bubblegum

Princess Bubblegum

net battle still exists, I downloaded it just the other day lol

link to download

http://pmnb.net/getnb.php
  19. Agent Gibbs

Agent Gibbs Rule 51

Does anyone know if the PU ladder will be restored? The Other Metagame of the Month thread stated that PU was dropped due to inactivity, but the last usage stats don't show that. PU had respectable usage at 11,330 battles, more than several of the permanent ladder such as Tier Shift, 1st and 4th Gen OU, Balanced Hackmons, CAP, and the Seasonal ladder, and only slightly lower than Challenge Cup. It even had more usage than LC did during February and last October and November, for example.

EDIT: Never mind, I got an answer.
  20. Mizticall

Mizticall

Does anyone know why Download & Tri Attack together are illegal for Porygon in LC? Because its NU analysis seems to think it's perfectly fine, but in its LC analysis it says that they're illegal

Edit: I now know the answer, thanks anyway :]
  21. Deoxymoron

Deoxymoron

Hi! I have two questions:

1. How does one post GIFs in a thread? I've seen multiple people do it in RMTs, and I'd like to know how.

2. When do new metagames get adopted? In other words, how long after the release of X and Y will Gen 6 become the official metagame?
  22. Princess Bubblegum

Princess Bubblegum

1. use the insert image function above where you right a post right next to the text options, then copy and past the url of the image you want

(right click copy image url for any browser not internet explorer, if you are using IE... download another browser ASAP)

alternatively, one can just write this
    Code:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    and insert the image url in between the image tags

2. PO or Showdown will probably get it up as a metagame maybe in a week or two after the release, it won't be official for possibly months though as the initial ubers and rule list is hammered out
  23. Zero Dozer

Zero Dozer

Hello, I'm Zero Dozer, I'm brazillian, but fear not, guys, I am intelligent unlike my people.

So there's this Hitmontop I'm trainning for a friend. When I was leveling him up to evolve from a Tyrogue, I got 18 HP EVs from Audinos. So, I used nine Vitamins to level his HP up. So, here comes the first question.

1. After using those vitamins, is his HP EVs 108 or I just wasted eight potential EV points on a hundred capping?
  24. Princess Bubblegum

Princess Bubblegum

The 100 EV cap only applies to vitamins, you can add beyond that with regular EV training, the cap for any particular stat is 252 (technically 255) and 508 (really 510) overall.
  25. Zero Dozer

Zero Dozer

Okay, so that means that the last Vitamin added only 2 EVs to HP, right?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)