Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

I have a question not related to Pokemon but just how the forum works in general. How can I get a title under my username that I see some users have? Is there some sort of requirement? Thanks.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Omega Ruby
Edit - i am SRing for Suicune hoping for bold nature and 31/x/31/31/31/x
Alright, I'm mot really sure, but Ii'll look for one
I have a question not related to Pokemon but just how the forum works in general. How can I get a title under my username that I see some users have? Is there some sort of requirement? Thanks.
You need to earn a badge or compete in a competition that has a "Custom Title" as a reward (there are some on Pokemon Showdown!, though I'm not aware of any currently). For more information on how to get badges, read this.

Pokemon Showdown is entirely on the internet, so I don't understand your question 9.9
You have a downloaded version too i guess 9.9

I want to know what is it about, rules, and in general how to play
Rules
Pokemon Showdown! is an online simulator, which essentially means that you can play Pokemon against real life people. We have a usage-based tiering system that's pretty complex and sorta beyond my reach to explain, so you can play each of those tiers. Anything Goes has no restrictions, Ubers has a few clauses and Mega Rayquaza banned, and OU, UU, RU, NU, PU, and FU consecutively have less and less Pokemon. So essentially a really powerful Pokemon that is OU will not be allowed in NU, which allows different, less powerful mons to shine.
You can build a Pokemon team out of legal Pokemon in that tier, along with items and EVs. If you don't know what these are, you should probably look them up. If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them ^.^

Hi guys,

Tho i am new to the Forums, i aint new to Smogon.
There is a question that has been on my mind for a long time, but i dont know if the question belongs in this forum.

Wich of the following would be the better choice?
Mega-Medicham (Pure Power) EV-trained in Atk and Spe
or Mega-Gallade (Inner Focus) EV-trained in Atk and Spe

Gallade has the superior base stats, but he medicham has the superior ability for a physical sweeper
Both have the same typing and therefor can pretty much learn the same attacks.

Can anyone telle me wich is the better one for online play and why??

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys,

Tho i am new to the Forums, i aint new to Smogon.
There is a question that has been on my mind for a long time, but i dont know if the question belongs in this forum.

Wich of the following would be the better choice?
Mega-Medicham (Pure Power) EV-trained in Atk and Spe
or Mega-Gallade (Inner Focus) EV-trained in Atk and Spe

Gallade has the superior base stats, but he medicham has the superior ability for a physical sweeper
Both have the same typing and therefor can pretty much learn the same attacks.

Can anyone telle me wich is the better one for online play and why??
Mega Gallade is better than Mega Medicham because it has 10 higher base Speed, Knock Off, and Swords Dance.

Where can I find record of the dates that rule new rules (i.e. pokemon/items banned from OU) were voted and implemented? I want to get a chronological look at the past metagames for Gen 6, but haven't been able to find when the changes were made to the metagame. I would think that would be something the community would want to keep track of.

Hey guys, I finally have all my team members with 6 IV's and I am currently going to start EV training. All my pokemon are level 1. I have a question about EV training with lvl 1 pokemon.

I already know how to EV with hordes and Super Training and everything, but when I train with hordes I assume it's best to have EXP share and EV train that way, but I am afraid that it might mess up my EV's from leveling up the pokemon before I fully EV train. Any advice?

Hey guys, I finally have all my team members with 6 IV's and I am currently going to start EV training. All my pokemon are level 1. I have a question about EV training with lvl 1 pokemon.

I already know how to EV with hordes and Super Training and everything, but when I train with hordes I assume it's best to have EXP share and EV train that way, but I am afraid that it might mess up my EV's from leveling up the pokemon before I fully EV train. Any advice?
You are correct in using EXP Share, it makes it quite a bit easier as you can EV train multiple Pokemon at once. Not quite sure what you mean, but if you have Pokemon you used for your playthrough, use them to kill hordes to get your IV'd Pokemon EVs. If you mean having different Pokemon with different required EVs, just train the Pokemon requiring the same EVs all at once (i.e. you have a Froakie and a Taillow that both need max Speed EVs) and put the others in storage. Leveling has absolutely no effect on EVs, only the Pokemon you beat affect EVs. Not sure if that answers your question or not.

You are correct in using EXP Share, it makes it quite a bit easier as you can EV train multiple Pokemon at once. Not quite sure what you mean, but if you have Pokemon you used for your playthrough, use them to kill hordes to get your IV'd Pokemon EVs. If you mean having different Pokemon with different required EVs, just train the Pokemon requiring the same EVs all at once (i.e. you have a Froakie and a Taillow that both need max Speed EVs) and put the others in storage. Leveling has absolutely no effect on EVs, only the Pokemon you beat affect EVs. Not sure if that answers your question or not.
I get that I can use play through pokemon to attack hordes and have EXP share on and get EV stats that way, but what if my pokemon level up from the XP won't that effect my stats and mess them up

I get that I can use play through pokemon to attack hordes and have EXP share on and get EV stats that way, but what if my pokemon level up from the XP won't that effect my stats and mess them up
Levels don't affect your EVs. EVs are gained from various things, among them being KOing a certain kind of Pokemon to get a certain number of EV values. It won't mess up your stats if you're EVing correctly.

Levels don't affect your EVs. EVs are gained from various things, among them being KOing a certain kind of Pokemon to get a certain number of EV values. It won't mess up your stats if you're EVing correctly.
Alright so just say Wingulls give attack EVs(I know they give speed) and I have a Power Bracer on my Gible and I attack the horde with a in-game pokemon but have EXP share to give EV's to my Gible and my Gible levels up through the EXP share it won't mess up my attack stats at all?

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alright so just say Wingulls give attack EVs(I know they give speed) and I have a Power Bracer on my Gible and I attack the horde with a in-game pokemon but have EXP share to give EV's to my Gible and my Gible levels up through the EXP share it won't mess up my attack stats at all?
The attack stat will change according to the Attack EVs you have.

The attack stat will change according to the Attack EVs you have.
I'm sorry I am just getting confused by all this. I am taking the easy rode and using a Ev calculator and my Garchomps speed is supposed to be at 169 after I input the EV's and IV's. Won't it mess it up by leveling up and EV training ti at the same time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)