Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Can someone explain "win conditions"? I see it occasionally in the forums but never understand what the heck everyone is talking about.
A win condition is generally a setup sweeper that you try to preserve in order to win a battle. There are tons of examples of these kinds of Pokemon, but they use boosting moves such as Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Nasty Plot, etc. However, on more defensive teams a win condition may just be stalling out your opponent with entry hazards and status inflictions.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Im wondering about the tiers of a few pokemon are, namely Magnezone, Florges, Tyrantrum, Reuniclus, Whimsicott, and Rhydon!
You can find the tiers of your Pokemon using Showdown's teambuilder. Type in its name and look at the tier that pops up for it. :)
Xylen Edit: The PS! teambuilder can be not updated, so use it at your own risk.

Last edited by a moderator:

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
How do I edit a thread that I posted
To edit the title, you can click the thread options drop down and select Edit Title. To edit your first post, click the edit button at the bottom left side of your post, next to your avatar.

FlameCharge64 said:
What are hackmons
Hackmons refers to the concept of having any potential input on anything within the game, this includes stuff like 252 ev's on every stat, having any ability like wonder guard spiritomb, having as many mega evolutions as you want, etc.

Last edited:
You can click their username, either by finding them in a roster, or using /user [name] and clicking that one. Click challenge, and select the tier you want to battle. Any private battle does not count towards your ladder rating, so technically, any private battle is a practice battle. :)
Thank you so much! How do I enter tournaments and work on my ladder rating?

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How does This Help Request page work? I filled this request page out last Thursday and Monday but no avail, I have had no responses.
Hello Justintown11, if you sent a request and yet to get a response, you'll just have to wait till the mentors are free to get to your request. If you wish to get help faster, feel free to pm me and I can see what i can do.

Thank you so much! How do I enter tournaments and work on my ladder rating?
Hello, Candi-chan. You enter a tournament by pressing the join button on the bracket during sign up phase, alternatively you can do /tour join. As for ladder rating, the only way to increase your Elo Points is by playing on the ladder.

Could you, in theory, have an elektross that couldn't be hit by damaging moves? If you give it a balloon so it still levitates, and then do the mimic/entertainment Shedinja to give elektross wonder guard, would it be untouchable?

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What are metagames?
Well, the definition of "metagames" can vary, but generally, its a "tier" with rules.

Could you, in theory, have an elektross that couldn't be hit by damaging moves? If you give it a balloon so it still levitates, and then do the mimic/entertainment Shedinja to give elektross wonder guard, would it be untouchable?
Yes, unless a Pokemon has the ability Mold Breaker (or any abilities similar to it), then wonder guard will be useless.

Psywaves

Procrastinating Pedantic Perfectionist™
is a Contributor Alumnus
How does one get a skrelp with its hidden ability?
If I'm not mistaken, one can get a Skrelp with Adaptability as hidden Pokémon via use of the DexNav on Routes 105, 106, 107, 108 and 109 (in Omega Ruby only). :]

You know, technically speaking, you could do that with any pure Electric type

Big noob to Pokemon here. (Haven't played since Blue)

I just got Omega Ruby and I'm looking to build an in-game team. I know I could probably just breeze through it with any team, but I'm OCD when it comes to researching and min/maxing.

I know this community is focused on competitive teams, but from my searching it's still the best site for me, because I really do like to see all the information.

I was looking at the In-game Tier thread, and I REALLY wanted to post in it, but I knew this sort of question didn't belong and didn't want to piss off those guys. lol

So anyway, I'm looking for any kind of information about building fantastic in-game teams. Can anyone provide any links, tips or information for me? Or show me an appropriate forum for this subject?

Thanks!

Would it be frowned upon to breed my perfects from a likely hacked source? I can't be sure as it was traded by a friend but am in possession of a 6IV Ditto with a legal ball and nature. All the children would have legitimate movesets, natures, balls, etc. but would share the ditto as one of the parents. The chance for a 6IV from two 5IV parents has been a long grind. I got lucky with two 4IV parents and rolled a perfect 6IV but that was a very unlikely scenario. If it's something that would not be accepted I'll just keep grinding out eggs but the ditto method would cut down the time significantly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)