Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How do you create a "click to expand" button? I'm interested in using it (but don't know how) because the text takes up less space and it has a title, so people know what they're getting into.
Use this:
Code:
[HIDE] [/HIDE]
Put the text in between the hide tags; also it's not case sensitive.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Totally up to you, I can't choose that for you :P
If you have an interesting or new strategy you'd like to share post it in the np / metagame thread of whatever tier.

Alright I've got a problem. On my Omega Ruby game, my Ditto and Carracosta are in the Day Care at the Battle Resort. I want to get the Carracosta out, but I can't. When I walk from the Day Care kid back to woman at the desk she tells me the Day Care kid is waiting for me with an egg. I go take it from him, I walk back to the woman, and then she says the same thing again. What the f. Do my Ditto and Carracosta really make an egg for the ~10 steps I walk? And uhm.. how do I get my mons out? I've been trying for over an hour already and I'm now stuck with a few quite a lot of eggs. Wat do?

Lilymoding

formerly Kyosuru Jets
Okay so, I have the latest version of Firefox and I installed the Smogon Search Plugin... but everytime i try to use it I get this:

Any suggestions to fix the problem?

Is there any place on here discussing the Battle Maison in ORAS? Cause I haven't found it yet and haven't been on here lately. Any direction would be appreciated.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Each time I try to put in a Picture from Google For example it always shows [IMAGE] Also how do links in someone's name like how Shaymin did for Hatchet and where do people get Sprites for RMTS and is thier a link that explains how to do Hide tags

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey DKFirelord, there's no real guide for these things on the site but they're quite simple once you know them so I can explain them to you right now.

To post an image, copy the URL of the image (you can usually find the URL to any image by right clicking it and then pressing something like "view image" or "open image in new tab" depending on the browser). Then in the posting box, click the little picture of mountains right next to the smiley face that looks like this:
and then you'll be prompted to paste the image URL. You can also use tags but this is just the easiest way since you'll be able to see how the picture looks in your post right away.

To link someone's name (this will also give them an alert) just put @ before their name. When the post goes through, it will be changed into a tag.

To use hide tags, you simply use the hide tag, for example:

Code:
[HIDE=name of what you're hiding]
stuff you want to hide here
[/HIDE]
So this would look something like:

just kidding

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey DKFirelord, there's no real guide for these things on the site but they're quite simple once you know them so I can explain them to you right now.

To post an image, copy the URL of the image (you can usually find the URL to any image by right clicking it and then pressing something like "view image" or "open image in new tab" depending on the browser). Then in the posting box, click the little picture of mountains right next to the smiley face that looks like this:
and then you'll be prompted to paste the image URL. You can also use tags but this is just the easiest way since you'll be able to see how the picture looks in your post right away.

To link someone's name (this will also give them an alert) just put @ before their name. When the post goes through, it will be changed into a tag.

To use hide tags, you simply use the hide tag, for example:

Code:
[HIDE=name of what you're hiding]
stuff you want to hide here
[/HIDE]
So this would look something like:

just kidding
Thanks so much

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey so I've been having a problem with inserting images, e.g i have a screenshot on my desktop but when i drag and drop the file in a link saying "view attachment (then a bunch of numbers") pops up, and when i click it it says error, you have no permission to view. What I want to do is to add an image to the thread since I'm doing a nuzlocke and would like to post pics of updates, would be glad if you could solve this issue!

Hey so I've been having a problem with inserting images, e.g i have a screenshot on my desktop but when i drag and drop the file in a link saying "view attachment (then a bunch of numbers") pops up, and when i click it it says error, you have no permission to view. What I want to do is to add an image to the thread since I'm doing a nuzlocke and would like to post pics of updates, would be glad if you could solve this issue!
Don't really know. Also had this problem but it looks like it solved itself. But for the time being you could use websites like imgur/tinypic etc. At least it's better than nothing.

I was looking through the forums and did not see a place to ask general questions. The best place I could figure is the newbie zone. So if I am posting in the wrong place please forgive me.

I have two questions:
1. My friend leant me a shiny ditto with 6ivs (pretty sure its hacked). If I use that ditto for breeding purposes is the bred pokemon considered hacked? I am trying to build a VGC team that I can take to some local events for fun. What if both parents are hacked?

2. For some reason I have always thought that if you dont evolve a pokemon when its supposed to it will end up not having the correct number of stats once it finally evolves.
I.e I have a Poliwhirl and instead of immediately evolving it into Politoed at level 25 I level it up to (insert random level) and then evolve it. Will that Politoed have weaker stats than that of one that was immediately evolved when available.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
I was looking through the forums and did not see a place to ask general questions. The best place I could figure is the newbie zone. So if I am posting in the wrong place please forgive me.

I have two questions:
My friend leant me a shiny ditto with 6ivs (pretty sure its hacked). If I use that ditto for breeding purposes is the bred pokemon considered hacked? I am trying to build a VGC team that I can take to some local events for fun. What if both parents are hacked?

2. For some reason I have always thought that if you dont evolve a pokemon when its supposed to it will end up not having the correct number of stats once it finally evolves.
I.e I have a Poliwhirl and instead of immediately evolving it into Politoed at level 25 I level it up to (insert random level) and then evolve it. Will that Politoed have weaker stats than that of one that was immediately evolved when available.
1) If you breed a Pokemon with that Ditto, it is illegitimate. This is because it will have good IVs only because of that hacked parent.

2) No. Poliwhirl's stats will change to match Politoed's base stats once it evolves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)