1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Sticky Have a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Fatecrashers, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Exbo

Exbo

Hey guys, two quick questions (sorry if this is the wrong place to ask)

1) What site do you use to reliably upload photos and be sure that the link will not be broken like after a month?

2) Is there a search function like "Find all posts by Exbo in *that thread*"? Would be handy.

Thanks!
  2. Colossus

Colossus

Natures

Is there a general consensus that a +Speed nature is better/more important than a +Atk/Sp. Atk one in the Battle Frontier?

Examples: Timid over Modest Zapdos, Jolly over Adamant Metagross
  3. dcae

dcae naughty list

Depends on the pokemon really. If it is something with a high speed tier anyways, it is generally superior to boost speed. If it is something with low speed tier, like Dragonite or Metagross, the attack boosting nature is preferred. Also, if you are running boosting moves, that should affect your decision. If your boosting move boosts up offensive stat only, run speed boosting nature. If it boosts speed only, run attack boosting nature. If it is both, it comes down to the base speed of the pokemon.
  4. Colossus

Colossus

Thanks for the quick reply- I'm thinking of taking Modest over Timid for a Zapdos I'm RNGing, as its base Speed isn't particularly huge. Is that a good idea?
  5. Manitary

Manitary

I may be wrong, but I think that somewhere in the forum there are speed tiers for Battle Frontier so you can check which pokemon outspeed Modest Zapdos but not Timid Zapdos.

Anyway here are some calcs on what outspeed modest but not timid:
    - base 87-99 with 252+
    - base 42-50 with 252+ and scarf
    - base 51-58 with 252 and scarf
    there are other combination of EV/nature/item but I don't think they are used (I mean, I don't think there's anything with 0 Spe EVs and a scarf)
  6. Colossus

Colossus

That is incredibly handy to know. Thanks for the info!
  7. Colossus

Colossus

Any idea where I find said speed tier thread?
  8. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

9. Colossus

Colossus

Thanks for the list!
    I decided to do a little searching of my own for curiosity's sake, and found this: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2182637&postcount=1047

Based on that list, a Scarfed positive base 100 is faster than everything after 49
    (probably including it), so the only issue I'd have is priority. Weavile/Mamoswine and anything else with Ice Shard might be a problem, but for a moveset of Thunderbolt/Heat Wave/HP Ice/(Roost, Ancientpower, Signal Beam, or U-Turn) I'll be able to take them on.
  10. Shiruba

Shiruba

how many pokemon are able to be captured in yellow without trading, cheating or glitch abuse? i've 129 at the moment; can i get any more?
  11. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

13 Pokemon are unobtainable in Yellow, meaning the max number is 138 without trading, including Mew.

The unobtainable Pokemon are Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Ekans, Arbok, Raichu, Meowth, Persian, Koffing, Weezing, Jynx, Electabuzz, and Magmar.
  12. Shiruba

Shiruba

but there are pokemon like alakazam and whatnot, too...
  13. Celever

Celever

On white 2 I just beat Cheren and there was some rustling grass on the first route in the game. I went in it and found a level 2 patrat? Anyone know what happeneed?
  14. Shiruba

Shiruba

if you're wondering why the grass was shaking, that's a thing in unova. you can often find rarer pokemon/audino.

if you're wondering why you didn't get a rare pokemon/audino, the only pokes available on that route are purrloin and patrat, if i'm not mistaken.
  15. T3h_Glurak

T3h_Glurak

You can´t also get 2 Eeveelutions and Gengar, Alakazam and Golem (there was a Trainier to swap Machamp iirc ^^)

So there were even 18 Pokémon.
  16. Aerophoenix

Aerophoenix

Also you only get one of the fossils (two more there) and one Hitmon. So 21, meaning you have all you can get, probably. If you are somehow missing any, here are suggestions:

You're correct, you can trade Cubone for Machoke (which becomes Machamp) on Route 5 (Cerulean to Saffron).

Don't forget Porygon's only at the Game Corner, and Scyther and Pinsir are only at the Game Corner and Safari Zone. Speaking of which, I might suggest checking a list of Safari Zone Pokemon and seeing if you're missing any there. It's easy to miss rarer ones (Dratini, Tangela, Chansey, Tauros, and Kangaskhan are ONLY in there.). Well, Chansey's in Cerulean Cave too, but still rare.

Here's a link.
  17. Shiruba

Shiruba

thanks so much~

porygon was absolutely ridiculous to get. GRINDING FOR MONEY IS SO ANNOYING IN THESE GAMES ASHDFS;F
  18. T3h_Glurak

T3h_Glurak

Don´t forget, that you can only buy 50 coins, so you have to talk to her 200! times :x
  19. Perfect Cell

Perfect Cell

If I KO Darkrai in Newmoon Island, will it respawn later? I've had absolute shit luck with RNGing it and I need to do some other things in my Platinum cartridge.

Also, couldn't you catch Chansey in Cerulean Cave in R/B/Y?
  20. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Not sure about the Darkrai thing, but concerning Chansey: Yep.
  21. AngryHan

AngryHan

Can anyone tell me how to change Pokemon that appears on your battle video profile? It's the Dewott here:

[​IMG]
  22. Perfect Cell

Perfect Cell

There's a woman in Celestia City(or Nimbasa, can't remember), who will ask you if the Pokemon at the front of your party is your favorite. If you want to change it to a different Pokemon besides Dewott, have that Pokemon in front of your party and talk to her.
  23. AngryHan

AngryHan

Ah yes, it's woman on the left in the Castelia city Pokecenter
  24. Timey

Timey

Two questions:
    1) How would I raise my black entree level in W2?
    2) Will people request to go to a shop that's already rank 10 in the Join Avenue?
  25. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

1) You have to join someone who has Black 2, as opposed to them joining you.

2) Yes, because it still raises your Join Avenue level.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)