Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How long is the duration of Pokerus? Some people say that Pokerus cease to be infectious after midnight when they are in your party, others say there is an invisible timer that only advances when they are in your party, and again others say it is regulated by a stepcounter.

What is true now?
What Ausgirl said is right; it depends on the strain. When infected with the virus your pokemon is given a 'pokerus' value which goes down by 1 each time the game's clock reaches midnight if they are in the player's party. When this value reaches 0 then your pokemon is 'cured'. So this means it will last indefinitely if left in the PC. I think the potential maximum is like 15 days in the party. If you're worried about your pokemon being 'cured' just make sure you deposit them into the PC before turning off your game (or if midnight is approaching while you are playing!)

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Now that more people have Bank, hopefully someone can answer my question.

What language tag is put on the Pokemon you transfer?

1. The game they were bred/caught on
2. The game they were transferred from
3. The game they are transferred to

For instance, if I have a German swinub on my Japanese White 2 and transfer it to my English X, what language tag does it get?
I haven't checked, but my German Pigeot that I got from the GTS as a Pidgey had its name changed from English to German, so I think it's safe to say it's the game it was caught/bread on.

I haven't checked, but my German Pigeot that I got from the GTS as a Pidgey had its name changed from English to German, so I think it's safe to say it's the game it was caught/bread on.
The Transporter filters for and nukes names that it doesn't like. Is it possible that some cross-language names are getting caught in the crossfire, like how Cofagrigus had to have a nickname to be put on the GTS back in Gen 5?

The reason I ask is I got through Wonder Trade a Heatran with a German name but a Japanese language tag. The only way I could see that happening is if Pokebank slaps whatever language you have on your transferred Pokemon, which would suck so bad. I'd like my flawless Japanese Ditto to stay Japanese, thank you.

I can't transfer my Pokemon.

Yes, I do use legal hacks and my hacked pokemon can go through Random Matchup. The game thinks its real. But my pokemon apparently have "A problem" and i can't send them in.

For some reason, I can send Legendary Pokemon like Latias and Palkia with ease despite also being hacked. What do I do? Please help me and don't judge.

** If it matters, I use the PokeBuilder app for the iPad and have a regular sized 3DS.

I can't transfer my Pokemon.

Yes, I do use legal hacks and my hacked pokemon can go through Random Matchup. The game thinks its real. But my pokemon apparently have "A problem" and i can't send them in.

For some reason, I can send Legendary Pokemon like Latias and Palkia with ease despite also being hacked. What do I do? Please help me and don't judge.

** If it matters, I use the PokeBuilder app for the iPad and have a regular sized 3DS.
Frankly, we honestly don't know enough to know exactly what checks are going on with PokeTransporter.

I got a Jirachi in Pokemon X and I dont know if it is legitimate or not please help hopefully the pictures will show up.
1899127_464436730345873_665270646_n.jpg 1624410_464436733679206_1529630349_n.jpg
Can you please help me?

Last edited:
Another key thing is that I'm pretty sure the Jirachi would mention a fateful encounter (or something along those lines)

Question for XY:
The IV checker says a slew of stats that are equal. Is that an exhaustive list or is there a possibility that there are more IVs that are equal?

Question for XY:
The IV checker says a slew of stats that are equal. Is that an exhaustive list or is there a possibility that there are more IVs that are equal?
If the IV checker mentions multiple stats, it means that multiple stats are tied for highest. Anything not mentioned is lower than the highest IV.

Quick Pokebank question: If I upload Pokemon from on X or Y game, then start a new game, can I still access those Pokemon from my new game?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
is there a good place in XY to set up double battles so you can sketch moves onto Smeargle from your partner? I know you've got the restaurants but going through all 5 or whatever battles seems tedious...

is there a good place in XY to set up double battles so you can sketch moves onto Smeargle from your partner? I know you've got the restaurants but going through all 5 or whatever battles seems tedious...
Restaurant Le Nah is wimpy enough that as long as you're not trying to sketch an area-effect attack you should be fine, and it's over very quickly because all of the Pokemon they use (Pansear/sage/pour) are very, very weak. It's the easiest point to do it. If you're doing an AoE move, though, you're going to have to get creative or something.

Um...

A Triple Battle from Restaurant Le Yeah should work if you need to sketch Rock Slide or Boomburst or something. Put Smeargle on opposite ends of your team then shift the attack user into the middle to be sketched. That'd work.

There's not really any other place that you can use that has repeatable multi battles in which Sketched moves will be kept.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Restaurant Le Nah is wimpy enough that as long as you're not trying to sketch an area-effect attack you should be fine, and it's over very quickly because all of the Pokemon they use (Pansear/sage/pour) are very, very weak. It's the easiest point to do it. If you're doing an AoE move, though, you're going to have to get creative or something.

Um...

A Triple Battle from Restaurant Le Yeah should work if you need to sketch Rock Slide or Boomburst or something. Put Smeargle on opposite ends of your team then shift the attack user into the middle to be sketched. That'd work.

There's not really any other place that you can use that has repeatable multi battles in which Sketched moves will be kept.
ah well if that's what I've gotta do I better just do it then! thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)