1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Sticky Have a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Fatecrashers, Jan 3, 2013.

1. CJorex

CJorex

When I breed Smeargle do all sketched moves get passed to the baby?
  2. Onicon

Onicon

Only certain moves will be passed:

- Egg moves
    - Level-up moves (when both parents have them)

Note that the offspring can remember its full initial movelist, so sometimes it is useful to pass level-up moves the evolution can't learn anymore.
  3. AC_CCNumber3

AC_CCNumber3

Random question

If I put all my pokemon in the pokebank then restart my game in xy will I be able to get my pokemon back?
  4. Onicon

Onicon

Yes
  5. powergo1

powergo1

Yes, Bank acts like a storage system on your SD card, so you can transfer Pokemon across any XY games on your 3DS.
  6. CJorex

CJorex

Which pokemon has the most powerful Explosion? I was thinking Metagross or Gigalith, but I could be wrong
  7. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Community Contributor

^A burnt Guts Ursaring with Choice Band. Requires a bit of luck to get it via Metronome, but if you do, it's the strongest right-off-the-bat, no-setup-required, first-turn move in Pokémon.
  8. powergo1

powergo1

Lickilicky as the STAB from Explosion increases its power, whereas Metagross' Explosion doesn't get stab. Calcs:

252+ Atk Normal Gem Lickilicky Explosion vs. 0 HP / 184+ Def Goomy: 616-726 (266.6 - 314.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO 2.666 to 3.142 on the Goomy scale

252+ Atk Normal Gem Metagross Explosion vs. 0 HP / 184+ Def Goomy: 564-664 (244.1 - 287.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO 2.441 to 2.874 on the Goomy scale

Therefore, Lickilicky has the strongest Explosion
  9. kefkakrazy

kefkakrazy

I'mma pop in here and point out that Pokemon stored in the Pokebank are stored on the Pokebank servers, not on your local SD card. At least that's what I've been lead to believe.
  10. powergo1

powergo1

Oh yeah I forgot about that .-.
  11. Asphalizo

Asphalizo

What is he best/easiest way anyone has found to obtain extra master balls?
  12. Darnell

Darnell I COULD BE BANNED!
    is a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

The Lottery and trading other people who didn't use it. I think that is pretty much the only way.

Lottery...
    Lottery Corner found in Lumiose City on Estival Avenue.
    Matching all five numbers, is a Master Ball.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  13. Sakuretsu

Sakuretsu

Is there any primal reason people breed Crunch onto Totodile? It's a level-up move for crying out loud. I bred a move, while not necessarily competitive, that was not a level-up move (Metal Claw, to be precise - for pesky fairies).
  14. Darnell

Mentor

The only moves it really needs from breeding is Dragon Dance and Ice Punch. Crunch is usually on the move set as a good coverage and gains it from level up as you said so breeding it really isn't necessary. Metal Claw may be good for Fairies but the 50 Power is also not needed, Feraligatr gets better moves. Crunch is much better, just not needed when breeding!
    Dragon Dance, Crunch, Ice Punch, Waterfall.
  15. Onicon

Onicon

That is only when you imply that Dragon Dance is going to be used. In an equally viable SD set it is highly recommended to add Aqua Jet to the set. Luckily, the number of viable egg moves is exactly 4: Aqua Jet, Crunch, Dragon Dance, Ice Punch.

Come to think of: If a replacement is desperately needed, Mud Sport can be added. Don't use it.
  16. kefkakrazy

kefkakrazy

Some of my breeders have picked up level-up moves from periods spent being used as breeders where they learned them. If they've forgotten the egg move I needed them to be able to pass down, they get it retaught at the move tutor, but otherwise occasionally I'll have some odd stuff getting passed, especially if it's on a pokemon that only has a couple of egg moves I could conceivably be bothered to care about.

So that's probably why.
  17. Sakuretsu

Sakuretsu

I knew Crunch is used for coverage, but others, like myself, usually breed moves as an alternative and/or for other tiers and/or as away to spruce up the bred 'mon.

I guess my answer would be that others do it for convenience.
  18. Azelph

Azelph

With the addition of fairy types, are there any type-combinations left that would yield zero weaknesses?

Excluding abilities of course.

In addition, what type combos (aside from mono-electric, I supoose) would have just one weakness and a decent amount of resistances (excluding abilities once more)?
  19. Darnell

Mentor

With the addition for Fairy typing I believe no Pokemon have no weaknesses. If we were including abilities, this would Eelektross line due towards being an Electric type and having Levitate.
    As for the monotype, Pokemon such as Drapion and Skuntank only have one weakness being only Ground, due to there Poison typing making them neutral to Fairy(Mono Dark) and many other Pokemon, too many to name really. Combinations such as Steel and Dragon(Dialga) or Ground and Water Pokemon (Gastrodon, Quagsire and Whiscash)
  20. Azelph

Azelph

I was thinking more along the lines of currently unreleased type combinations. Like a hypothetical pokemon. I'm sure there are lots of zero weakness combinations if you factor in abilities like levitate, water absorb, sap sipper, volt absorb, flash fire, etc. but I am thinking more just from a pure typing-based view. :)
  21. Mulan15262

Mulan15262

For unreleased possibilities, there are none just typing. With typing+abilities, typing+move. typing+item, or some combination thereof, there is Electric+Levitate(exists)/Magnet Rise/Telekinesis/Air Balloon(exists), Water/Ground+Sap Sipper, Poison/Dark+Levitate/Air Balloon(exists)/Telekinesis/Magnet Rise, Bug/Steel+Flash Fire, Water/Fire with Volt Absorb and Air Balloon/Magnet Rise/Telekinesis, Water/Electric with Sap Sipper and Air Balloon/Magnet Rise/Telekinesis, Poison/Steel with Flash Fire and Air Balloon/Magnet Rise/Telekinesis, Fire/Ground+/Magnet Rise/Telekinesis/Air Balloon+Storm Drain/Water Absorb/Dry Skin, or Steel/Fairy with Flash Fire and Air Balloon/Magnet Rise/Telekinesis.

As far as making a new one, abilities can make a pokemon immune to Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, and Ground. Items can make a pokemon immune to Ground. Moves can make a pokemon immune to Ground. In gen 5, Flash Fire Steel/Ghost with Air Balloon has no weaknesses, but that is the case no longer.

In the future, Justified might give an immunity to Dark-type moves adding Dark to the first list, and Absorb Bulb/Luminous Moss/Cell Battery might give an immunity to their respective type, adding Water and Electric to the second list.
  22. Onicon

Onicon

We are getting a lot of battles with 'casual-competitives' (sic). We need to ask if they are casual or competitive because we run two different teams depending on whether they are serious or not. I personally think that it is an oxymoron but we better get ourselves community input before accidentally streamrolling them or insulting them by not giving our best.
  23. Sejiro

Sejiro

Does masuda method only work on kalos bred pokes, or do pokebank pokes work aswell with MM. What if you have pokebank ditto with kalos pokemon? Please respond
  24. cant say

cant say

the 'foreign' pokemon just needs to have a tag on it's summary screen which denotes where it's from. if it has something like 'JPN' 'GER' 'KOR' 'FRE' or 'SPA' then it will work for the masuda method. transferred pokemon from foreign games will have the tag once transferred iirc...
    Sejiro likes this.
  25. Sejiro

Sejiro

Ya they do, thanks!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)