1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Sticky Have a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Fatecrashers, Jan 3, 2013.

1. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

Just destroy everyone :| Then they can't complain about doing your best. I don't even understand what "Casual Competitive" is. If you're battling then its competitive. I assume that has some sort of underlying gentlemans agreement to not use ubers and things? I don't know.
    cant say likes this.
  2. Onicon

Onicon

We dug in this topic a bit and a there are some sites who tried to define them as people who 'play to win but don't expect to win' - which does not make sense because this one is still playing to win, thus is competitive. Other people pointed us to TheFlamingSpade from whom we have found the interview with Verlisify .. don't know, Sash-Talonflame had even some of our casual friends cringe. Weird.
  3. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

From what I understand, 'casually competitive' is using random natures, IVs, and EVs, as well as moves that wouldn't be considered optimal, or competitively viable. Not necessarily 'play to win, but don't expect to win', they may realize that their Pokemon aren't the best, but they want to use it anyway (because it's their favorite Pokemon or whatever), and they're having fun just battling other people.
    Sakuretsu likes this.
  4. wdistance

wdistance

Is Mega Mawile fun in game? Can I trade a Mawilite to my game before I defeat the Elite Four?
  5. DHR-107

Any mega stones are active after you have obtained the mega ring. I don't see why this wouldnt work. However, Megas are not worth much ingame as nearly every trainer has less than 3 Pokemon so they dont get utilized well.
  6. Hclegend

Hclegend

Alright, which Ball should I catch a normal Hawlucha in?
    Y'know, to make it look pretty XD
    Edit: Thanks Darnell! :D
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  7. Darnell

Darnell wiggle wiggle wiggle♬
    is a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

Timer Ball, Luxury Ball, Repeat Ball, Quick Ball. (All are pretty nice)
    Attack Order likes this.
  8. MikeAU

MikeAU

Hey all, just quickly (and mainly for a sanity check). I've been breeding eevee and I am requiring a 6IV female, however, I have used 2 separate 5IV females with a 6IV Ditto and not gone one 6IV after 100 eggs without any 6IV offspring! I have never had these issues before and generally found it to be a much easier process.

Is there some issue with Eevee whereby you can't breed it out to 6 (or it is much more difficult) as i'm completely stumped.
  9. Sakuretsu

Sakuretsu

Just keep at it. You're doing nothing wrong, it's just that the RNG hates you.

I had the exact same problem a while ago with my Froakie breeding. I had hatched well over 200 eggs without a single 6IV, and I was using 5IV and 6IV parents.
    DHR-107 likes this.
  10. Sakuretsu

Sakuretsu

Is it possible to catch a Roselia (or Budew, I suppose) in a Sport Ball? Serebii says it's possible, but I don't think so. I thought the Sport Ball is exclusive to bug types, since it's used for the Bug Catching Contest (or whatever it's called) in HGSS.

Also, ~6 hour double-post.
  11. Attack Order

Attack Order Guest

It's possible to get a Roselia or Budew in a sport ball if you breed it with a female Parasect in a sports ball, because as of gen 6 mechanics, it passes down the pokeball of the mother to the baby , which in this case, is Roselia. Hope this helps! :)
  12. Sakuretsu

Sakuretsu

That made absolutely no sense. A FEMALE Parasect will always produce a Paras offspring. Last time I checked, GF did not fuse the Roselia line with the Paras line, unlike the Nidoran family or Volbeat/Illumise.
    cant say and Slashari like this.
  13. DHR-107

Pretty sure Serebii are wrong in this. Roselia is never available in the bug catching contest. Sport Balls are, as you said, Only available for the BCC. So no. Probably available in a Safari Ball though? But they are different balls

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sport_Ball#Sport_Ball
  14. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick, I knew him, Peter Gabriel too!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

Serebii is mistaken, Roselia is only available in HGSS Safari Zone, Budew is Sinnoh Sound but that's only in Ilex and Viridian Forest.
  15. Attack Order

Attack Order Guest

Oh yes, sorry for the misunderstanding! It's impossible to get Roselia or Budew with a sports ball, then.
    Hulavuta likes this.
  16. Sakuretsu

Sakuretsu

Darn. That would have looked nice with the red rose. Oh well, guess I'll just settle for finding a Safari Ball one. I have an opportunity to borrow both HG and SS from a friend for a week or so in a week, and want to catch a bunch of Apricorn + Sport ball 'mons.
  17. Regiultima115

Regiultima115

I think this is the right place to ask this. I'm currently playing Colosseum and was wondering, which Cologne Massage heals the most Heart Gague per Pokedollar?
  18. Sakuretsu

Sakuretsu

The most expensive one. I think it costs 1200 Pokedollars (yen, if you want to be a stickler).
  19. MicfiJasan

MicfiJasan

So I managed to get a Gale Wings Fletchling from the gts, but I'm a bit obsessive and want the eventual Gale Wings Talonflame in a Premier Ball. Is this possible without catching another one in the friend safari (the one I got was in a regular Pokeball)?
  20. Attack Order

Attack Order Guest

It's not possible. If you want to pass down a specific pokeball to a pokemon when breeding, the mother must have to be in the Premier Ball. Since only mothers can pass down their pokeballs to the baby when breeding, the Fletchling mother has to be in one. Father pokemon don't pass down hidden abilities unless bred with Ditto. Regardless of the gender of the Fletchling you got, it wouldn't work. If it's female, it would pass down the regular pokeball and ability, but you don't want that. If it is a male, you would have to breed with Ditto in order to get Gale wings as the hidden ability, and it would still be in the regular pokeball since Ditto is genderless. Either way, the results are the same. You still end up with a Fletchling in a pokeball.

tl;dr; You would have to catch another (female) Fletchling in the friend safari with the Premier ball. :/

I hope this helps!
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
    MicfiJasan and Darnell like this.
  21. wdistance

wdistance

Can I get Shaymin, Arceus, Keldeo, or Meloetta from the GTS?
  22. Hclegend

Hclegend

Nope.
    All event Pokemon (including things like Fly Pikachu and the Shiny Creation Trio thing) are locked from being traded on the GTS, you'll get the message "It's a special Pokemon! It can't be traded!" or something similar when you attempt to trade them.
    List of untradeable Pokemon on the GTS:
    Mew
    Celebi
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Manaphy
    Darkrai
    Shaymin
    Arceus
    Victini
    Meloetta
    Genesect
    Diancie
    Volcarion
    Hoopa
    And anything obtained from an event
    (I think Phione is allowed though, I can't check ATM)
    So anyone asking for any of those on the GTS, ignore them
    (Also, none of the above are required for Dex completion IIRC)
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  23. elizabethonstage

elizabethonstage

Hi, everyone! I had a quick question regarding in game X and Y play.
    I have bred 6 eevees with the natures I've wanted, all 5 IV except I have two 6IV that are modest that I want to make a vaporeon and espeon. They all have the egg moves: curse, yawn, and wish.
    I was looking up some sets online, and it seems like baton pass sets with wish or wish and protect sets seem to be very popular and useful amongst the eevee evolutions.
    I used http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx and these are the IVs that came out. I originally checked with the man who tells you when you have "oustanding IVs" in Kiloude city. I am planning on having:
    Eevee Calm (Sylveon) : 0 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 11, 16, 21, 26, 31 / 10 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 0 - 31
    Eevee Modest (Espeon): 24 - 31 / 24 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 26, 31 / 4 - 31 / 24 - 31
    Jolteon timid: 0 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 11, 16, 21, 26, 31 / 0 - 31 / 10 - 31 / 0 - 31
    Vaporeon modest: 0 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 11, 16, 21, 26, 31 / 10 - 31 / 0 - 31
    Eevee careful (umbreon): 0 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 10 - 31 / 11, 16, 21, 26, 31 / 0 - 31
    Glaceon modest: 20 - 31 / 0 - 29 / 31 / 0 - 31 / 10 - 31 / 20 - 31

Which of these pokemon do you think a baton pass/wish or protect/wish strategy would work best on? Or does that just sound like a bad idea in general?

I apologize in advance if this is not the right thread and it is too long... I am new and not sure! It looks like a long question because of all the info., but I do not think an extremely long answer is needed. Let me know. I hope you all have a terrific day!
  24. Darnell

Darnell wiggle wiggle wiggle♬
    is a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

Espeon, Sylveon, Vaporeon and Umbreon. Protect/Wish over Baton/Wish. Maybe not Vaporeon/Espeon as much because they are Modest nature. Sylveon looks great for it however.
  25. elizabethonstage

elizabethonstage

Got it! Thank you for the feedback! :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. Detective Barricade