1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Join our new official channel, Victory Road, on PS! Read this for more information.
  4. Smogon's first ever Official Smogon Mafia Game is now open for signups! Check it out here!
  5. Ever find yourself missing out on the latest Smogon articles? We've now got a subscription service, so the newest articles (of your choice) are delivered right to your inbox! Check it out here.

Sticky Have a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Fatecrashers, Jan 3, 2013.

  1. wdistance

    wdistance

    Joined:
    May 10, 2009
    Messages:
    501
    Is Mega Mawile fun in game? Can I trade a Mawilite to my game before I defeat the Elite Four?
  2. DHR-107

    DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher
    Orange Islands

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2008
    Messages:
    2,090
    Any mega stones are active after you have obtained the mega ring. I don't see why this wouldnt work. However, Megas are not worth much ingame as nearly every trainer has less than 3 Pokemon so they dont get utilized well.
  3. Hclegend

    Hclegend

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2014
    Messages:
    863
    Alright, which Ball should I catch a normal Hawlucha in?
    Y'know, to make it look pretty XD
    Edit: Thanks Darnell! :D
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  4. Darnell

    Darnell Bye! ^_^
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2013
    Messages:
    1,840
    Timer Ball, Luxury Ball, Repeat Ball, Quick Ball. (All are pretty nice)
    Attack Order likes this.
  5. MikeAU

    MikeAU

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2013
    Messages:
    158
    Hey all, just quickly (and mainly for a sanity check). I've been breeding eevee and I am requiring a 6IV female, however, I have used 2 separate 5IV females with a 6IV Ditto and not gone one 6IV after 100 eggs without any 6IV offspring! I have never had these issues before and generally found it to be a much easier process.

    Is there some issue with Eevee whereby you can't breed it out to 6 (or it is much more difficult) as i'm completely stumped.
  6. Sakuretsu

    Sakuretsu

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2012
    Messages:
    665
    Just keep at it. You're doing nothing wrong, it's just that the RNG hates you.

    I had the exact same problem a while ago with my Froakie breeding. I had hatched well over 200 eggs without a single 6IV, and I was using 5IV and 6IV parents.
    DHR-107 likes this.
  7. Sakuretsu

    Sakuretsu

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2012
    Messages:
    665
    Is it possible to catch a Roselia (or Budew, I suppose) in a Sport Ball? Serebii says it's possible, but I don't think so. I thought the Sport Ball is exclusive to bug types, since it's used for the Bug Catching Contest (or whatever it's called) in HGSS.

    Also, ~6 hour double-post.
  8. Attack Order

    Attack Order Guest

    It's possible to get a Roselia or Budew in a sport ball if you breed it with a female Parasect in a sports ball, because as of gen 6 mechanics, it passes down the pokeball of the mother to the baby , which in this case, is Roselia. Hope this helps! :)
  9. Sakuretsu

    Sakuretsu

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2012
    Messages:
    665
    That made absolutely no sense. A FEMALE Parasect will always produce a Paras offspring. Last time I checked, GF did not fuse the Roselia line with the Paras line, unlike the Nidoran family or Volbeat/Illumise.
    cant say and Slashari like this.
  10. DHR-107

    DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher
    Orange Islands

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2008
    Messages:
    2,090
    Pretty sure Serebii are wrong in this. Roselia is never available in the bug catching contest. Sport Balls are, as you said, Only available for the BCC. So no. Probably available in a Safari Ball though? But they are different balls

    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sport_Ball#Sport_Ball
  11. Layell

    Layell Alas poor Yorick!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2006
    Messages:
    3,803
    Serebii is mistaken, Roselia is only available in HGSS Safari Zone, Budew is Sinnoh Sound but that's only in Ilex and Viridian Forest.
  12. Attack Order

    Attack Order Guest

    Oh yes, sorry for the misunderstanding! It's impossible to get Roselia or Budew with a sports ball, then.
    Hulavuta likes this.
  13. Sakuretsu

    Sakuretsu

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2012
    Messages:
    665
    Darn. That would have looked nice with the red rose. Oh well, guess I'll just settle for finding a Safari Ball one. I have an opportunity to borrow both HG and SS from a friend for a week or so in a week, and want to catch a bunch of Apricorn + Sport ball 'mons.
  14. Regiultima115

    Regiultima115

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2013
    Messages:
    987
    I think this is the right place to ask this. I'm currently playing Colosseum and was wondering, which Cologne Massage heals the most Heart Gague per Pokedollar?
  15. Sakuretsu

    Sakuretsu

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2012
    Messages:
    665
    The most expensive one. I think it costs 1200 Pokedollars (yen, if you want to be a stickler).
  16. MicfiJasan

    MicfiJasan

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    Messages:
    137
    So I managed to get a Gale Wings Fletchling from the gts, but I'm a bit obsessive and want the eventual Gale Wings Talonflame in a Premier Ball. Is this possible without catching another one in the friend safari (the one I got was in a regular Pokeball)?
  17. Attack Order

    Attack Order Guest

    It's not possible. If you want to pass down a specific pokeball to a pokemon when breeding, the mother must have to be in the Premier Ball. Since only mothers can pass down their pokeballs to the baby when breeding, the Fletchling mother has to be in one. Father pokemon don't pass down hidden abilities unless bred with Ditto. Regardless of the gender of the Fletchling you got, it wouldn't work. If it's female, it would pass down the regular pokeball and ability, but you don't want that. If it is a male, you would have to breed with Ditto in order to get Gale wings as the hidden ability, and it would still be in the regular pokeball since Ditto is genderless. Either way, the results are the same. You still end up with a Fletchling in a pokeball.

    tl;dr; You would have to catch another (female) Fletchling in the friend safari with the Premier ball. :/

    I hope this helps!
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
    MicfiJasan and Darnell like this.
  18. wdistance

    wdistance

    Joined:
    May 10, 2009
    Messages:
    501
    Can I get Shaymin, Arceus, Keldeo, or Meloetta from the GTS?
  19. Hclegend

    Hclegend

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2014
    Messages:
    863
    Nope.
    All event Pokemon (including things like Fly Pikachu and the Shiny Creation Trio thing) are locked from being traded on the GTS, you'll get the message "It's a special Pokemon! It can't be traded!" or something similar when you attempt to trade them.
    List of untradeable Pokemon on the GTS:
    Mew
    Celebi
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Manaphy
    Darkrai
    Shaymin
    Arceus
    Victini
    Meloetta
    Genesect
    Diancie
    Volcarion
    Hoopa
    And anything obtained from an event
    (I think Phione is allowed though, I can't check ATM)
    So anyone asking for any of those on the GTS, ignore them
    (Also, none of the above are required for Dex completion IIRC)
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  20. elizabethonstage

    elizabethonstage

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2014
    Messages:
    10
    Hi, everyone! I had a quick question regarding in game X and Y play.
    I have bred 6 eevees with the natures I've wanted, all 5 IV except I have two 6IV that are modest that I want to make a vaporeon and espeon. They all have the egg moves: curse, yawn, and wish.
    I was looking up some sets online, and it seems like baton pass sets with wish or wish and protect sets seem to be very popular and useful amongst the eevee evolutions.
    I used http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx and these are the IVs that came out. I originally checked with the man who tells you when you have "oustanding IVs" in Kiloude city. I am planning on having:
    Eevee Calm (Sylveon) : 0 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 11, 16, 21, 26, 31 / 10 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 0 - 31
    Eevee Modest (Espeon): 24 - 31 / 24 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 26, 31 / 4 - 31 / 24 - 31
    Jolteon timid: 0 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 11, 16, 21, 26, 31 / 0 - 31 / 10 - 31 / 0 - 31
    Vaporeon modest: 0 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 11, 16, 21, 26, 31 / 10 - 31 / 0 - 31
    Eevee careful (umbreon): 0 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 0 - 31 / 10 - 31 / 11, 16, 21, 26, 31 / 0 - 31
    Glaceon modest: 20 - 31 / 0 - 29 / 31 / 0 - 31 / 10 - 31 / 20 - 31

    Which of these pokemon do you think a baton pass/wish or protect/wish strategy would work best on? Or does that just sound like a bad idea in general?

    I apologize in advance if this is not the right thread and it is too long... I am new and not sure! It looks like a long question because of all the info., but I do not think an extremely long answer is needed. Let me know. I hope you all have a terrific day!
  21. Darnell

    Darnell Bye! ^_^
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2013
    Messages:
    1,840
    Espeon, Sylveon, Vaporeon and Umbreon. Protect/Wish over Baton/Wish. Maybe not Vaporeon/Espeon as much because they are Modest nature. Sylveon looks great for it however.
  22. elizabethonstage

    elizabethonstage

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2014
    Messages:
    10
    Got it! Thank you for the feedback! :)
  23. Perfect Cell

    Perfect Cell

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2012
    Messages:
    480
    Does anyone have an idea as to what the "world" records are for the Emerald Battle Frontier facilities?
  24. Sejiro

    Sejiro

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2014
    Messages:
    7
    Can anyone confirm if this is accurate. I see all kinds of stats everywhere not sure what is the real one. Simple yes or no is all I need:

    HOW TO HA BREED:

    1. Get a FEMALE with desired HA ability.
    2. Get a ditto with desired nature
    3. Give ditto ever-stone
    4. Breed
    5. You have a 80% chance to pass on HA if its a female. Only 20% if male.

    (Please note - this is only for Gen 6.)
  25. Darnell

    Darnell Bye! ^_^
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2013
    Messages:
    1,840
    For the first step you can breed the father/genderless Pokemon that have the hidden ability with ONLY Ditto as well. Step 2/3/4 are fine! You actually have 60% chance to pass on HA if its a female and 40% goes into the other ability it can have. You have a 20% chance to pass it down as a male, correct!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)