Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can anyone confirm if this is accurate. I see all kinds of stats everywhere not sure what is the real one. Simple yes or no is all I need:

HOW TO HA BREED:

1. Get a FEMALE with desired HA ability.
2. Get a ditto with desired nature
3. Give ditto ever-stone
4. Breed
5. You have a 80% chance to pass on HA if its a female. Only 20% if male.

(Please note - this is only for Gen 6.)
For the first step you can breed the father/genderless Pokemon that have the hidden ability with ONLY Ditto as well. Step 2/3/4 are fine! You actually have 60% chance to pass on HA if its a female and 40% goes into the other ability it can have. You have a 20% chance to pass it down as a male, correct!
Just in case that wasn't clear, females will not pass on their hidden ability if bred with ditto, as only males will. If you have a female with the HA you will need a father from the same egg group for the female to pass it. And yeah it's a 60% chance to pass HA, 80% if it's a regular ability

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just in case that wasn't clear, females will not pass on their hidden ability if bred with ditto, as only males will. If you have a female with the HA you will need a father from the same egg group for the female to pass it. And yeah it's a 60% chance to pass HA, 80% if it's a regular ability
Both Female/Male can pass down the HA when bred with Ditto, I'm pretty sure females have a higher chance that the males even...???

Is anyone disgusted that people are selling pokemon on amazon? ( one guy had a shipping fee too even though the selling is done through online trading) I noticed that people are selling perfect shiny Legendaries from previous gens. I assume they're hacked (i.e. trading the same shiny perfect pokemon to different people like 10 times), but got past the pokemon bank check. I'm just a little annoyed. Are people allowed to make money off this? And can Nintendo shut these people down?

Seriously. Like a perfect shiny hidden ability Ho-oh? What are the odds that you'd have more than 1?
http://www.amazon.com/Pick-Shiny-Le...bs_misc_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=1CMATWM94YV03SDZGSZN

I'm just ranting. But does anyone feel strongly against this?

Last edited:

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is anyone disgusted that people are selling pokemon on amazon? (with a shipping fee too even though the selling is done through online trading) I noticed that people are selling perfect shiny Legendaries from previous gens. I assume they're hacked (i.e. trading the same shiny perfect pokemon to different people like 10 times), but got past the pokemon bank check. I'm just a little annoyed. Are people allowed to make money off this? And can Nintendo shut these people down?
Honestly buying Pokemon is really quite sad, takes the enjoyment out of the game of trying to work for it or having fun trading with friends so you can do what? show of? Most of them, if not all of them will probably be hacked. Yes, people are allowed to make money of it and I don't think Nintendo cares all too much, at the end of the day people are still buying/playing their game.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Is anyone disgusted that people are selling pokemon on amazon? ( one guy had a shipping fee too even though the selling is done through online trading) I noticed that people are selling perfect shiny Legendaries from previous gens. I assume they're hacked (i.e. trading the same shiny perfect pokemon to different people like 10 times), but got past the pokemon bank check. I'm just a little annoyed. Are people allowed to make money off this? And can Nintendo shut these people down?

Seriously. Like a perfect shiny hidden ability Ho-oh? What are the odds that you'd have more than 1?
http://www.amazon.com/Pick-Shiny-Le...bs_misc_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=1CMATWM94YV03SDZGSZN

I'm just ranting. But does anyone feel strongly against this?
As a Mod I would seriously suggest against using anything like this. As a person, I would do the same. As Onicon states above, Dream Radar Pokemon cannot be shiny (are shiny locked). They also cannot be RNG'd so the chances of havaing a 6IV one is tiny to begin with.

Honestly, its pretty dispicable people are *selling* Pokemon when you can easily get them for free from other services/people. Smogon itself has a huge amount of players who don't really want anything for excellent Pokemon.

As a Mod I would seriously suggest against using anything like this. As a person, I would do the same. As Onicon states above, Dream Radar Pokemon cannot be shiny (are shiny locked). They also cannot be RNG'd so the chances of havaing a 6IV one is tiny to begin with.

Honestly, its pretty dispicable people are *selling* Pokemon when you can easily get them for free from other services/people. Smogon itself has a huge amount of players who don't really want anything for excellent Pokemon.
While I agree with you guys on the selling of [hacked] Pokemon, and the despicable people behind it, I do not agree with the bold text. It is very much possible to RNG Dream Radar Pokemon. Agonist has several in his trade thread, and there exists a guide detailing how to do so.

Agonist's Trade Thread
Dream Radar Abuse Guide

Not trying to sound condescending (or whatever you may feel I am trying to do), I am merely trying to right some [clearly unresearched] wrongs.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
While I agree with you guys on the selling of [hacked] Pokemon, and the despicable people behind it, I do not agree with the bold text. It is very much possible to RNG Dream Radar Pokemon. Agonist has several in his trade thread, and there exists a guide detailing how to do so.

Agonist's Trade Thread
Dream Radar Abuse Guide

Not trying to sound condescending (or whatever you may feel I am trying to do), I am merely trying to right some [clearly unresearched] wrongs.
Honestly, thank you for the information, I was always under the impression that they were un-RNGable. For me, RNG is right up against the boundaries of hacking because its using an external program to work shit out. I know you're not modifying anything inside the game (apart from the date/time) but for me its about as close to hacking as you can get.

I was wondering if there was a specific place I could post my in-game team and get feedback? It's not for competitive, I've just always wanted to have an all eevee evolution team for fun, and I spent so much time breeding them. Before I start EV training and getting rid of their egg moves I just wanted to get some feedback because it took me so long :)

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was wondering if there was a specific place I could post my in-game team and get feedback? It's not for competitive, I've just always wanted to have an all eevee evolution team for fun, and I spent so much time breeding them. Before I start EV training and getting rid of their egg moves I just wanted to get some feedback because it took me so long :)
Hi elizabethonstage, people would sometimes post RMTs for in-game teams in this forum but they were always locked with the reason "you can win with anything in-game". You're free to ask in this thread though...I don't think you can put an entire RMT and ask for comments but if you have specific questions, like suggestions for moves or something like that, you can ask it here.

Hi elizabethonstage, people would sometimes post RMTs for in-game teams in this forum but they were always locked with the reason "you can win with anything in-game". You're free to ask in this thread though...I don't think you can put an entire RMT and ask for comments but if you have specific questions, like suggestions for moves or something like that, you can ask it here.
Okay! Thank you for letting me know! Well I guess a whole RMT isn't needed (although I wish they had something like that for non-competitive), so I won't post my actual team here.
I breeded eevees that have: wish, yawn, curse, and tail whip. I have bred: modest (vaporeon, looking back I should have bred it bold, but I like offensive :) ), modest (espeon), modest (glaceon), timid (jolteon), Careful (umbreon), and calm (sylveon).

I was thinking of just making them all wish passers. I tried creating in-game movesets on the sim, but of course got my butt-kicked because I was only doing what I could possibly have in the game. I am DREADFUL at team building (I just want to have fun with my pokemon! :) ), but I wanted some input to see if there was an savvy way to incorporate these egg moves into any of these eevee evolutions before I got rid of them for other moves. Also, if anyone had any suggestions for any sets that mesh with these moves for the future of any eevee evolutions- that'd be great! I've always wanted to have a personal, fun eevee team!

I hope everyone has a splendid day! :)

I wanted some input to see if there was an savvy way to incorporate these egg moves into any of these eevee evolutions before I got rid of them for other moves.
Do not forget: As with gen 6 the Pokemon can remember their complete initial moveset when hatched, both egg moves and preevo moves. In ingame-terms that means you can replace and relearn these moves indefinitely. For Eevees it is always favorable to have Baton Pass on their initial moveset (which is normally Eevee exclusive) as well as Wish, Yawn and Curse/Stored Power.

I was thinking of just making them all wish passers. I tried creating in-game movesets on the sim, but of course got my butt-kicked because I was only doing what I could possibly have in the game. I am DREADFUL at team building (I just want to have fun with my pokemon! :) ), but I wanted some input to see if there was an savvy way to incorporate these egg moves into any of these eevee evolutions before I got rid of them for other moves. Also, if anyone had any suggestions for any sets that mesh with these moves for the future of any eevee evolutions- that'd be great! I've always wanted to have a personal, fun eevee team!
My advice, is just experiment around and find what works for you. There are some great movesets, posts and threads all over smogon that are worth considering but there is nothing to say you can't find what works for you. I am currently breeding out each of the eeveelutions and found baton pass to be quite good. But will likely finalise the moveset when I have a better understanding and feel for how they battle.

Just get plenty of heart scales from the lovedisc' on route 8(i think -- near/above ambrette town) and you can have an infinite number of attempts at movesets!

My advice, is just experiment around and find what works for you. There are some great movesets, posts and threads all over smogon that are worth considering but there is nothing to say you can't find what works for you. I am currently breeding out each of the eeveelutions and found baton pass to be quite good. But will likely finalise the moveset when I have a better understanding and feel for how they battle.

Just get plenty of heart scales from the lovedisc' on route 8(i think -- near/above ambrette town) and you can have an infinite number of attempts at movesets!
Do not forget: As with gen 6 the Pokemon can remember their complete initial moveset when hatched, both egg moves and preevo moves. In ingame-terms that means you can replace and relearn these moves indefinitely. For Eevees it is always favorable to have Baton Pass on their initial moveset (which is normally Eevee exclusive) as well as Wish, Yawn and Curse/Stored Power.
I actually wasn't aware (yikes) that they could relearn their egg moves! I was considering a baton pass team, but I haven't gotten fluid with that strategy yet. Now that I know I can always get the moves back, you guys are both right- I'll keep experimenting until I find what works (anf hunt down those heart scales). I've practically memorized all of the movesets for the evolutions around Smogon, but I wasn't sure (personally) what would be the most effective. Thank you both for your advice! :)

I actually wasn't aware (yikes) that they could relearn their egg moves! I was considering a baton pass team, but I haven't gotten fluid with that strategy yet. Now that I know I can always get the moves back, you guys are both right- I'll keep experimenting until I find what works (anf hunt down those heart scales). I've practically memorized all of the movesets for the evolutions around Smogon, but I wasn't sure (personally) what would be the most effective. Thank you both for your advice! :)
We are not sure from your wording but remember that Baton Pass is not actually an egg move. It is a level up move from Eevee and cannot be remembered upon evolution UNLESS you can ninja it onto a hatching Eevee; both mother and father need to know Baton Pass in order to pass it while you need egg moves only one one of the parents.

We are not sure from your wording but remember that Baton Pass is not actually an egg move. It is a level up move from Eevee and cannot be remembered upon evolution UNLESS you can ninja it onto a hatching Eevee; both mother and father need to know Baton Pass in order to pass it while you need egg moves only one one of the parents.
Oh, no, I know that. I meant in regards to wish and curse (as the egg moves). I have eevees with baton pass (I just never bred with them because I never did baton passing teams before, so I never thought to). Sorry for the miscommunication!

When is the region of a Pokemon decided? Basically, say I breed a Pokemon and give the egg to a Spanish player. Would that Pokemon be classified as Spanish if it were traded back to me?

When is the region of a Pokemon decided? Basically, say I breed a Pokemon and give the egg to a Spanish player. Would that Pokemon be classified as Spanish if it were traded back to me?
The language of an egg is determined by the region it was generated it. An ENG egg traded to and hatched by a SPA trainer will still be ENG because it was generated in the ENG game.

Darnell

Respected.
What nature would be best for Traunt Durant to be used at the Battle Maison?
Traunt is pretty bad... Hustle all the way unless you're running some sort of Entrainment set, even still Jolly would most likely be the best nature. Maybe it could be a bulky Defensive type with Impish nature also due to that 112 BST but still, it lacks Special Defense so watch out.

Nope, the region you receive the egg is the region that will come up on the Pokemon.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This is not speculation....

So the BST and abilities of Hoopa and Volcanion are:

Hoopa:
80/110/60/150/130/70
Ability: Magician

Volcanion:
80/110/120/130/90/70
Ability: Water Absorb

From Hozu

Any thoughts on this?

This is not speculation....

So the BST and abilities of Hoopa and Volcanion are:

Hoopa:
80/110/60/150/130/70
Ability: Magician

Volcanion:
80/110/120/130/90/70
Ability: Water Absorb

From Hozu

Any thoughts on this?
This is a thread for simple questions and simple answers, not actual discussions. Until they're actually released, any real discussion on them would be speculation anyway, though.

Hey guys I have a question about in game B2W2. So, I'm EV training my pokemon for battling in the PWT and battle subway ie; for level 50 battling. I know that for level 100 4 EV's give one stat and that in level 50 it's double that so 8. When I'm EV training, can I invest 256 in each stat since its divisible by 8? Or am I supposed to invest 248 in each stat? If its not that, can someone tell me what amount of EV's I'm supposed to invest for level 50 battling? I've read the EV training guide, but its pretty complicated and I would appreciate if anyone could help. A quick reply would be really great.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
Hey guys I have a question about in game B2W2. So, I'm EV training my pokemon for battling in the PWT and battle subway ie; for level 50 battling. I know that for level 100 4 EV's give one stat and that in level 50 it's double that so 8. When I'm EV training, can I invest 256 in each stat since its divisible by 8? Or am I supposed to invest 248 in each stat? If its not that, can someone tell me what amount of EV's I'm supposed to invest for level 50 battling? I've read the EV training guide, but its pretty complicated and I would appreciate if anyone could help. A quick reply would be really great.
You can only ever have up to 252EVs (Max 255 so you waste 3) in each stat. I think the formula for level 50 EVs is something like 4 for the first extra point, and then 8 for ever one after (if your IV is ODD). I assume you were reading this: http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/bw_ev#level50 which is a little complicated.

Basically you have to break it down to what your IVs are. Essentially, if your IV is odd, you need 252Evs to reach your maximum stat, but if your IV is 30, you need 248 but you are still a point short on your absolute maximum. Because Pokemon truncates decimals (so 120.5 becomes 120) you end up losing that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)