1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Sticky Have a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Fatecrashers, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Perfect Cell

Perfect Cell

DOING THIS RIGHT NOW

But ah well, thanks.
  2. Flareon

Flareon

You could always port your Pokemon over to your Pokemon Stadium 2 in te meantime so that should the battery run out, your Pokemon will be safe.
  3. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

4. Agonist

Agonist You were my last great war, you were my heaven ablaze
    is a Forum Moderator

When you encounter it at its shrine in GS it has the standard chance of being shiny...

Blast Burn is a Gen 5 tutor, in case you didn't know.
  5. Shiruba

Shiruba

oh, yes, i did. i just wanted to make a joke. i know it's in gen 4, too.
  6. cant say

cant say

The 'elemental hyper beams' have been around since gen III, where they were first introduced in FRLG
  7. Timey

Timey

What's better to do, feed several low level low sheen poffins to a pokemon or one high level high sheen poffin?
  8. xtreme713ify

xtreme713ify

Is this the appropriate place to ask for a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team rescue? If not, I need somewhere that takes those.
  9. Shiruba

Shiruba

you can only feed so many poffins to a poke before it will no longer take them - so make sure they're all good ones!
  10. Celever

Celever

Is it possible to get shiny pokemon in pokemon rumble? I found a yellow lickitung earlier on there, and I couldn't believe my eyes!

Not really counting it as my first shiny encounter though, only has like 1200 power :(
  11. Stellar

Stellar true and everlasting
    is a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

Pokémon Rumble, yes. Pokémon Rumble Blast, no.
  12. thunderstone

thunderstone

These are more questions about the general canon, apologies if this isn't allowed here.

Can Kingdra function/battle/hover on land by virtue of its dragon typing?

Can Togekiss support the weight of a person in flight?
  13. Houndoomsday

Houndoomsday

I can't find anywhere to ask about clarification on site rules, and this place is generally very friendly, so where should I ask?
  14. kaps

kaps

I think these are unanswerable questions

for example pokemon like Basculin can also supposedly function/battle/hover during battles and they aren't dragon. And even Pidgey gets fly and can theoretically support a person in flight. It's literally a foot tall and weighs four pounds.
  15. Shiruba

Shiruba

i wouldn't question it. it can summon twisters and send a steel-melting heat wave simply by flapping its wings. thing's a monster.
  16. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

Best bet is to PM a friendly mod :) The mods form OI are fairly knowledgeable.

Tohekiss could more than support someone... I mean if Pidgey/Spearow/Taillow can...
  17. Perfect Cell

Perfect Cell

In D/P(not PT), can you grab Dialga/Palkia before the 8th gym or after?
  18. Celever

Celever

Before. I remember having trouble with Volkner, so I grabbed DIALGA and ROAR OF TIME HAHAHA BITCHES!!!

(In fact, you could after the 7th gym I believe, as long as you go to the lake up by snowpoint first.)
  19. dcae

dcae naughty list

Before. The entire story with Team Galactic ends in Mt. Coronet, then the path to Volkner opens up next to Lakefront.
  20. Perfect Cell

Perfect Cell

After 7th, but before 8th. Got it, now I remember.

Thanks!
  21. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Three questions on Hidden Grottoes in BW2...

1)
    According to Serebii and Bulbapedia, every time you take 256 steps in the overworld, there is a 5% chance of any grotto(es) "resetting" (new content is generated in one). From what I understand, a grotto will not "reset" if there is any content in it at all (an item, hidden or not, or a Pokémon), no matter how many steps are taken. The content has to be removed (picked up or battled) by a player to disappear. Am I correct?

2)
    You can use Pass Powers to "Increase the chance of meeting a Pokémon" in the grottoes. In what way does this work?
    - Does it lower the amount of steps required for the Grotto to have a chance of resetting?
    - Is the chance of the grotto resetting increased from the usual 5%?
    - Is the chance of meeting a Pokémon (usually 20%) increased, once the grotto resets?
    - Something else?

3)
    There are three Pass Powers concerning Hidden Grottoes: Hidden Grotto Power +, ++, and +++. The first lasts 5 minutes, the other two 10 and 15, respectively. Do the second and third tier powers have any "stronger" effect on Pokémon generation in grottoes, or is the only difference that they last longer and cost more?

Any answers would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  22. Celever

Celever

1) Correct
    2) Not sure on any to be honest.
    3) Last longer and cost more only.

I'm pretty sure that's right, could be wrong though. :(
  23. Cipher Angel Stan

Cipher Angel Stan

Need Help choosing the rest of my 4 pokemon for my HG playthrough.

Hey, um, I'm making a HG Run, and I need help choosing 4 pokemon. My starter is Typhlosion and my water type will be Lanturn.
  24. Shiruba

Shiruba

do you have a pokewalker?
  25. Snaquaza

Snaquaza

If you want a challenge take Ledyba :P, but it is fun too to look at either the Scramble challenge where people would want to give you mons, plus some extra restrictions to make the game somewhat harder (as it is made for 6 year old difficulty), also you can do a nuzlocke challenge, where the game decides any mon you get besides your starter, as well does it have some rules to make it harder too, so check out those forums! you may like it.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)