Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I finally got a copy of Y and am going to SR for a Hasty Yveltal. Is it true that it needs to be at level 51 to get the exact IVs?

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I finally got a copy of Y and am going to SR for a Hasty Yveltal. Is it true that it needs to be at level 51 to get the exact IVs?
You're given a pretty big hint in this: At least three IVs will be 31. Do your IV calculations as normal (http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx). If you put in the characterestic, you will see at least one IV to be exactly 31. If there are only two more 30/31's, assume them to be 31. If there are more than that, you'll want to check by leveling up until you get exact numbers, because you may actually have MORE than three 31s... or they might just be 30s. Good luck, and bring a synchronizer!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Or you can check the summary screen when in battle with Lysandre and compare them with a flawless Yveltal. A hex flawless Yveltal with a hasty nature will have these stats:

You can use this to speed up the process. If 3 or more stats match these then you can assume it is hasty and finish the battle to properly check. I would make sure that speed is 130 to make sure it's a +speed nature. Otherwise you have to finish every battle which just gets tedious.

Good luck!

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Can the frontier brains in Emerald be rebattled once you collect their gold symbols? If so, can both silver and gold teams be rebattled, or just gold?

Last time I tried for gold symbols was back in 2008, before I knew about Nature effects, EVs, etc. so needless to say I never got around to getting any of them.

After beating their gold team, you would have to break your streak to fight them again. I have never fought the gold symbols though so I'm not 100% sure on this.

Can the frontier brains in Emerald be rebattled once you collect their gold symbols? If so, can both silver and gold teams be rebattled, or just gold?

Last time I tried for gold symbols was back in 2008, before I knew about Nature effects, EVs, etc. so needless to say I never got around to getting any of them.
I can personally confirm that they can be re-battled after you collect the Gold symbol for the facility. Once you do, you can re-battle both their Silver and Gold teams as when they would normally appear.

If you're interested, drop me a PM and I can give you some advice for the facilities/teams.

Not sure if this has been asked before; sorry if it has but the search thread option wouldn't let me search just "RNG" - but is it still possible to RNG Abuse Gen 4 and Gen 5 after Nintendo cut the Wi-Fi for all DS and Wii games?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
RNG doesn't require wifi. The only issue you might have is obtaining Chatot easily for advancing PID frames.

Not sure if this has been asked before; sorry if it has but the search thread option wouldn't let me search just "RNG" - but is it still possible to RNG Abuse Gen 4 and Gen 5 after Nintendo cut the Wi-Fi for all DS and Wii games?
RNG abuse has absolutely nothing to do with the shutting down of 4th and 5th gen WiFi. The only thing that *directly* affects the two is the fact that it is now almost impossible to download parents and other RNG "tools" off Pokecheck.

EDIT:
Dammit, knew I'd get Ninja'd...

EDIT 2:
Well, Pokecheck is down, so the above is basically moot...

Last edited:
This is probably a hard question to answer, but somebody hopefully has it.

Cosidering an IV spread of 31/X/Y/30/Z/30 what are all the possible XYZ values that make that HP Fire?

This is probably a hard question to answer, but somebody hopefully has it.

Cosidering an IV spread of 31/X/Y/30/Z/30 what are all the possible XYZ values that make that HP Fire?
Z has to be odd no matter what. If X is even, Y must be odd; if X is odd, Y must be even. I'm not going to list every possibility since the 32 possible values of X times the 16 corresponding possible values for Y times the 16 possible values for Z is 8192 possibilities.

The closest to flawless would be 31/30/31/30/31/30 or 31/31/30/30/31/30, however~

Z has to be odd no matter what. If X is even, Y must be odd; if X is odd, Y must be even. I'm not going to list every possibility since the 32 possible values of X times the 16 corresponding possible values for Y times the 16 possible values for Z is 8192 possibilities.

The closest to flawless would be 31/30/31/30/31/30 or 31/31/30/30/31/30, however~
Thanks, now last question: What are the stats of a Timid Xerneas at level 50 with those two IV spreads? I want everything including Attack.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
After beating their gold team, you would have to break your streak to fight them again. I have never fought the gold symbols though so I'm not 100% sure on this.
I can personally confirm that they can be re-battled after you collect the Gold symbol for the facility. Once you do, you can re-battle both their Silver and Gold teams as when they would normally appear.

If you're interested, drop me a PM and I can give you some advice for the facilities/teams.
Little late, but thanks for the answers! I feel pretty confident I can get the gold symbols now as long as I don't get haxed mid-streak (looking at you, Battle Factory.)

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask but the older gens rng threads seem pretty inactive,
Is it possible rng stationary legendaries in soul silver (mewtwo, groudon, kyogre) without showing the pc a pokemon with pokerus? I need to rng a mewtwo (tutor moves) and getting a mon with pokerus is proving quite difficult due to the wifi shutdown.
By extension, would it be easier to rng one all the way back in leaf green and upload it through gens?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Consider 0 EVs
Well then its 201/135/115/151/118/130

For the other IV Spread its the same according to teambuilder
That stat spread is the same as a Xerneas with 31's across the board as at level 50 and with no EVs, IVs of 30 and 31 do not make a difference. If you're SRing for (a good) hidden power fire then you'll have to go through the cut scene and go check with the guy in Anistar pretty much every time, as any combination of 30's and 31's would look the same. The only way you're going to know just from looking at the stat screen in the Lysandre battle is if you get the 3 guaranteed 31's in HP and the defences and have the offensive stats and speed on an even number like 26 or 28 (with timid, any IV of 28+ in attack will be 135, anything lower than 30 in special attack will make it lower than 151)

tl;dr if you check the stat screen and the HP, def and sp.def are not 201, 115 and 118 respectively then reset (because then you have a 31, and therefor an odd number where you want an even in the wrong stat). If they are then I would then go to the hidden power guy to check. Make sure you have a synchroniser and use the capture o-power! Good luck

Sorry to ask about RNGing again so soon, but I legitimately have no idea where else to go on this. For whatever reason, when I try to unzip the RNG Reporter - 995 - with WinRAR, I keep getting an error message saying "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged". Am I doing something horribly wrong, do I have an outdated version...? I've tried downloading from multiple sources and it's the exact same thing every time.

Sorry to ask about RNGing again so soon, but I legitimately have no idea where else to go on this. For whatever reason, when I try to unzip the RNG Reporter - 995 - with WinRAR, I keep getting an error message saying "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged". Am I doing something horribly wrong, do I have an outdated version...? I've tried downloading from multiple sources and it's the exact same thing every time.
I think you had to get a thing called .NET

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
You might want to ask this up in the Wifi forums, they have a much better understanding of RNG than we do here. http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/wi-fi.53/ Try some of the help threads there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)