Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was asking about quash with a prankster user on trick room against other priority users, lets say talonflame. I was curious about this.
I don't know the answer but, how does prankster Quash work against priority outside of trick room? If Murkrow uses Quash against, let's say, a Lucario using Bullet Punch (you'd need 252+ speed on Murkrow to outspeed but whatever) does that make Luke's BP go last that turn? Or just last in that priority bracket? When you know the answer to this then just apply it to the inverted speed of Trick Room. If we assume it's the former, then in TR Murkrow becomes a 'faster' priority user than Talonflame so Quash would go first and make Talonflame move last

Wish I could actually provide an answer but that's my thought process on it. Maybe try asking in the Battle Mechanics Research thread or even just try the Smogon Doubles subforum. Orange Islands doesn't really deal with this sort of stuff (unless asking about Maison but yeah..)

I don't know the answer but, how does prankster Quash work against priority outside of trick room? If Murkrow uses Quash against, let's say, a Lucario using Bullet Punch (you'd need 252+ speed on Murkrow to outspeed but whatever) does that make Luke's BP go last that turn? Or just last in that priority bracket? When you know the answer to this then just apply it to the inverted speed of Trick Room. If we assume it's the former, then in TR Murkrow becomes a 'faster' priority user than Talonflame so Quash would go first and make Talonflame move last

Wish I could actually provide an answer but that's my thought process on it. Maybe try asking in the Battle Mechanics Research thread or even just try the Smogon Doubles subforum. Orange Islands doesn't really deal with this sort of stuff (unless asking about Maison but yeah..)
Thanks for your time i was just a bit curious about it.

Anyone else loving patch 1.3 AntiHack meassurements?

Anyways I had a small question regarding priority quash. Does it make other +1 priority users go last under trick room or it just sends them to the slowest tier of the +1 speed while retaining priority?
What are the anti hack measurements?

What are the anti hack measurements?
Shinny locked pokemon, ilegal moveset and abilities prompt a message to the non hacking side and a connection error to the guy with the hacked pokemon. Before the pojemon selection screen a smal connecting screen appears wich prompts the message in case one pikemon in either parties or battlebox us considered a hack.

Fun fact, Gamestop Disncie is considered a hack by this check.

Does that mean legit shiny or just ones that can't be?
Shiny locked means either the Pokemon must always be shiny, or never shiny. Legitimate shiny Pokemon aren't affected. And I'm sure they'll correct the issue with Diancie once we're allowed to trade them over wifi... whenever that is. Maybe.

As it has been confirmed that all pokemon required to complete the National Dex are available in between XY and ORAS, does this mean that Phione will be in ORAS somehow? and would that mean that Manaphy is in ORAS as well? It was necessary in XY to complete the dex, but was event exclusive because of manaphy, and operating under the assumption that xy and oras have the same dex requirements phione must be somewhere, right? i didn't watch the entire interveiw with masuda/ohmori, so i don't know if that was somehow mentioned but i'm assuming it wasn't since i haven't seen anyone talk about it.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
As it has been confirmed that all pokemon required to complete the National Dex are available in between XY and ORAS, does this mean that Phione will be in ORAS somehow? and would that mean that Manaphy is in ORAS as well? It was necessary in XY to complete the dex, but was event exclusive because of manaphy, and operating under the assumption that xy and oras have the same dex requirements phione must be somewhere, right? i didn't watch the entire interveiw with masuda/ohmori, so i don't know if that was somehow mentioned but i'm assuming it wasn't since i haven't seen anyone talk about it.
It wasn't specifically mentioned, but as Manaphy and Phione are part of the national dex they will be available, and almost definitely not event exclusive.

Phione is not required for National Dex completion certificates/Shiny Charm, so there is little reason to believe it or any of the event legendary pokemon will be given "special treatment" in ORAS

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was playing the demo last night and during my usual 'run around Mossdeep before I start a mission to see if anything has changed' routine and Steven's house was unlocked. I'm yet to do either the secret mission with team aqua/magma or nugget man mission so this would mean that it is related to time, except when I went back to Steven he took me on the nugget man mission, so it could be tied into that somehow... I'm still yet to go on the secret mission though.

edit: this isn't the ORAS thread o_0 too many tabs open... Could this get moved please?

Last edited:
Has there ever been an investigation regarding the IVs of the Diancie from the code? The one I get does not get 3 IVs, in fact they have all be really low and I have only gotten 1 31 after SR'ing for a few hours. Meanwhile my friend consistently got 3 31s for his diancie.

Has there ever been an investigation regarding the IVs of the Diancie from the code? The one I get does not get 3 IVs, in fact they have all be really low and I have only gotten 1 31 after SR'ing for a few hours. Meanwhile my friend consistently got 3 31s for his diancie.
Our friendly .com has provided a full explanation here. Unfortunately, you're stuck with that 'bugged' Diancie.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I'm currently doing a ribbon project on a Registeel I RNG'd in Ruby a while back (live battery), and I'm stumped with contest movesets for it since I haven't touched contests in ages.

What are the best contests movesets for Registeel in each category in Gen III? Movesets for the Sinnoh contests are welcomed too since they're next on my list (must include Seismic Toss though)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
I'm currently doing a ribbon project on a Registeel I RNG'd in Ruby a while back (live battery), and I'm stumped with contest movesets for it since I haven't touched contests in ages.

What are the best contests movesets for Registeel in each category in Gen III? Movesets for the Sinnoh contests are welcomed too since they're next on my list (must include Seismic Toss though)
For gen III contests I never found using specific type moves in contests (smart moves in smart contests etc) to be that important. I got a Banette through every single contest with the same moveset (granted that moveset is broken and you may not be able to replicate its power with Registeel ;) )

For moves / combos, Registeel has access to Lock On + Zap Cannon / Superpower, elemental punches and Rain Dance + Thunder, as well as Explosion to use on the last round. I believe with a bit of practice you'd be able to pull off Lock On > Zap Cannon > Lock On > Zap Cannon > Explosion and be able to win all the contests (I used Spite > Curse > Spite > Curse > Destiny Bond Banette to win them all).

I haven't started with the Sinnoh contests yet so I can't help you there but the combos are very limited and Registeel doesn't have access to any of them

Reactions: Xen
Hi, I am looking for a tropius and for a shroomish with their hidden abilities, has someone their friends safaris or is willing to trade them? Thanks :)

So we all know that Swinub can learn Ice Shard, but it's evolutions can't hence if Swinub learns the move and evolves and forgets it through putting it in the daycare or something or by mistake, it can't relearn it.
It's fucking annoying.

But if I were to put Ice Shard onto Swinub as an Egg Move, would the evolved Piloswine/Mamoswine be able to relearn it like any other Egg Move?

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
So we all know that Swinub can learn Ice Shard, but it's evolutions can't hence if Swinub learns the move and evolves and forgets it through putting it in the daycare or something or by mistake, it can't relearn it.
It's fucking annoying.

But if I were to put Ice Shard onto Swinub as an Egg Move, would the evolved Piloswine/Mamoswine be able to relearn it like any other Egg Move?
yes, as a rule of thumb: any move a Pokemon knows upon hatching can be relearned. My Mamoswine can relearn Icy Wind despite not learning it by level up, and I can't imagine why it would be any different for Ice Shard. Apparently at some point I was breeding two Swinub with Icy Wind, just make sure you're using two parents with Ice Shard and you'll be fine ^_^

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
It's fucking annoying.

Just wanted to confirm what Dutch said, if two parents know a level up move it will be passed on as an egg move, which is relearnable at any evolution stage regardless of whether or not the pokemon could still learn it via level up. For example, I've done this with Ice Shard on Snorunt, Hydro Pump on Poliwag etc. and their evos (Glalie / Politoad) can all relearn that move...

I live in a country that has pretty much no access to those shop event-specific Pokemon. Is there a way for me to still get Diancie? I tried the method in the Online Diancie Distribution thread a few times, but I've never gotten it to work.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I live in a country that has pretty much no access to those shop event-specific Pokemon. Is there a way for me to still get Diancie? I tried the method in the Online Diancie Distribution thread a few times, but I've never gotten it to work.
If you have a game from a region where diancies are currently being distributed, you can ask in SQ/SR in the wifi forum (link) to trade for a diancie code. I know diancies are currently being distributed in the North American (NA) game region, and I think the Australian (Aus) game region as well. Might be available in other regions as well that I don't know about.

I noticed on the recently posted analysis for Mega-Lopunny that the leftover 4 EVs were placed in Defense, rather than HP. Could someone explain why this is? I've been led to believe that when using leftover EVs from a given spread, it's usually best to place them into HP rather than Defenses. Is this more of a situational rule, or is there a specific reason for 4 Def M-Lopunny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)