Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fastest way to build cash seems to be Rich Boy Winston (Route 104-S) with the Amulet Coin and Prize Money O-Power. He tops out at a L29 Linoone.
I forgot to edit my post that the way I found out was to constantly fly around with my lead pokemon having a money boosting item and following the TV reporters around their three spots. Also since they're always doubles try to have the lead or something with earthquake while the second one has levitate or something.

But your way also helps me a lot, thank you.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can you help me with my Diancie or not?
Go to the Simple Requests thread in Wi-Fi just like Detective Barricade said...

Echoing the rest of the advice you got, I understand your perfectionist attitude towards the games but natures / IVs are really not important at all for an in-game run since it's so easy as-is, you should definitely wait until you're finished so you can breed at the Battle Resort where there is an IV checker. No point having the right nature if your 'mons IVs are trash! After you're done breeding and training your team, feel free to check out the Battle Spot forum or Battle Maison thread for tips on how to actually use your team

Also, welcome to Smogon :)

Now following up on how I was going to make lots of money. What pokemon can learn the most high accuracy moves that effect both of the opponent's pokemon but not your other pokemon in a double battle that's not mew? I don't like going to a pokemon center every 5 battles once my groudon's eruption runs out of PP.

Now following up on how I was going to make lots of money. What pokemon can learn the most high accuracy moves that effect both of the opponent's pokemon but not your other pokemon in a double battle that's not mew? I don't like going to a pokemon center every 5 battles once my groudon's eruption runs out of PP.
Heat wave, EQ if you have a ground immunity, muddy water + accuracy boosting item. Rockslide works of it's STAB.

Heat wave, EQ if you have a ground immunity, muddy water + accuracy boosting item. Rockslide works of it's STAB.
This is assuming the second pokemon in the party does not have a ground immunity. This is for leveling up my team faster while money farming.
Also if I remember correctly the method of money farming the reporters worked in the original RSE.

Hey guys, Latias keep or toss question?

Bold, 31/0-1/30-31/30-31/31/30-31 , one of the other ones guaranteed to be 31?
Haha, only kidding. But I really did just catch that, so my REAL question is maybe later in the week when I've finished the game someone can clone a few copies for me? I'm still in shock. First time SRing since 4th gen and I get THAT.

(Not gonna check the full stats until post-game though, and I'm only at the 5th gym.)

Haha, only kidding. But I really did just catch that, so my REAL question is maybe later in the week when I've finished the game someone can clone a few copies for me? I'm still in shock. First time SRing since 4th gen and I get THAT.

(Not gonna check the full stats until post-game though, and I'm only at the 5th gym.)
You should ask for that kind of thing here.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...quests-etc-go-here-no-hacking.3522448/page-74
Also, can I have a clone? : D

Oh whoops sorry had both of those threads open and posted in the wrong one :D too happy to concentrate!

And sure, any clones I get will be fully redistributable, providing I *actually* get clones. I want to share them as much as I can, since people have been so helpful to me previously.
Mind you, I still don't know the Speed IV, but that's not gonna matter at level 50.

Oh whoops sorry had both of those threads open and posted in the wrong one :D too happy to concentrate!

And sure, any clones I get will be fully redistributable, providing I *actually* get clones. I want to share them as much as I can, since people have been so helpful to me previously.
Mind you, I still don't know the Speed IV, but that's not gonna matter at level 50.
Figure out it's speed ivs with this.
http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IVs.aspx

What you beat mine so hard in speed and ask department 25 speed and 20 atk, kudos bro, try using 12 evs on speed to figure out if it's 30 or 31.
If it is 31 mind to spare a clone XD

I need some help with Pokemon OR
I try to Synchronize a Jolly Rayquaza with a lead Jolly (fainted) Ralts but it doesn't working
I soft reset for over 3 hour (with Capture Power 3 it took only 2-3 mins per capture) but i only get Jolly nature about 4-5 times but i need to discard because he don't have the correct IV - only need perfect atk and spd).
Am i doing something wrong or the lead need to alive to Synchronize to work?

I need some help with Pokemon OR
I try to Synchronize a Jolly Rayquaza with a lead Jolly (fainted) Ralts but it doesn't working
I soft reset for over 3 hour (with Capture Power 3 it took only 2-3 mins per capture) but i only get Jolly nature about 4-5 times but i need to discard because he don't have the correct IV - only need perfect atk and spd).
Am i doing something wrong or the lead need to alive to Synchronize to work?
You're just unlucky.

Hic, if Synchronize rate is 50% and only get correct nature 3-4 times for about 80 tries, it's not really unlucky anymore
Probability does not mean that it will replicate that percentage. Check to make sure that your sync is in the lead slot. If it is, it's just bad luck. Just think of it as a coin flip. Yeah, is your luck really really shit right now? Yes. Is it impossibly bad? No.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Seconding that you should confirm the IVs with MetalKid's IV calculator, just enter the IVs at different levels (just use rare randies, you should have 3 by now if you haven't used them) and it will tell you exactly what they are (or tell you what level / how many exact EVs you need to have to tell accurately). If the speed is in-fact 31 then you've effectively doused my hopes of SRing a good Bold one what other nature can I do now..?

nice catch tho

edit: you have a potential 31/0/31/30/31/30 which would be flawless Hidden Power Fire, hence the reason to hurry and check

Last edited:
Seconding that you should confirm the IVs with MetalKid's IV calculator, just enter the IVs at different levels (just use rare randies, you should have 3 by now if you haven't used them) and it will tell you exactly what they are (or tell you what level / how many exact EVs you need to have to tell accurately). If the speed is in-fact 31 then you've effectively doused my hopes of SRing a good Bold one what other nature can I do now..?

nice catch tho

edit: you have a potential 31/0/31/30/31/30 which would be flawless Hidden Power Fire, hence the reason to hurry and check

Checked finally, alas, it's 31/1/31/31/31/30! And that's HP Ice (which normally would be GOOD news... if I was resetting a Thundurus or Raikou, haha.) All the 31s in the world and yet Speed is 30. Oh well, it's all the same at level 50 and it's too nice to reset. Although I wonder what I miss out on at level 100, it's a Stored Power MegaLatias and last I checked those don't run speed EVs. If/When I get some clones you're welcome to them, though. And I strongly believe sometime in the far-off future GF will have some sort of a thing that edits IVs in some fashion so you never know.

I only had one Rare Candy at the time for some reason, and hadn't used any. In the end I just banked it to Y and checked there :0

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Checked finally, alas, it's 31/1/31/31/31/30! And that's HP Ice (which normally would be GOOD news... if I was resetting a Thundurus or Raikou, haha.) All the 31s in the world and yet Speed is 30. Oh well, it's all the same at level 50 and it's too nice to reset. Although I wonder what I miss out on at level 100, it's a Stored Power MegaLatias and last I checked those don't run speed EVs. If/When I get some clones you're welcome to them, though. And I strongly believe sometime in the far-off future GF will have some sort of a thing that edits IVs in some fashion so you never know.

I only had one Rare Candy at the time for some reason, and hadn't used any. In the end I just banked it to Y and checked there :0
Yeah Bold doesn't run speed so no difference, but for what it's worth, with 252 speed it would be one point less than 31. Go and ask in the Wi-Fi forum for a cloner, there are many trusted users who can help you out. I get EnGarde to help me :)

edit: I'll definitely be interested in one

Last edited:

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
cant say D_what I'd be willing to help clone, but I'm going to go on vacation for a week on Wednesday, so if you aren't able to be online this evening or tomorrow evening, you'll have to wait a week. :(

cant say D_what I'd be willing to help clone, but I'm going to go on vacation for a week on Wednesday, so if you aren't able to be online this evening or tomorrow evening, you'll have to wait a week. :(
Thanks EnGarde :) I'm prooooobably not free later this evening, and timezones are pretty screwy (am GMT +0... I think? Stupid daylight savings) but I'm in approximately zero rush to get anything cloned right now or in the immediate future. Gotta finish the game and catch all the legendaries first :D
...Actually, how long does a single clone take? I've never had it done before so I don't know what's an appropriate amount of clones to request. 2? 10? 60? Probably not 60 haha.

If you're thinking of making a topic that can be answered with one post, please post it here instead. Or if you have a question about a particular game such as Pokemon Snap, you can post it in their respective threads instead. New threads should be for discussion!

When posting in this thread, follow the following guidelines:

Your answers should contain at least a brief explanation, even if it was the simplest of questions.

Please try to quote the question you're referring to, especially if it was a Yes / No question. It gets confusing otherwise.

At least do a simple Google search before asking the question here.

This is already in the forum rules, but I will reiterate again, do not discuss ROMs or other illegal things. Go to the competitive forums for competitive questions.

Do not ask for Action Replay or other external device codes. Use Google for that.
Why do quotes have fat name instead of just name? Is there an intresting story or did it just happen?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Thanks EnGarde :) I'm prooooobably not free later this evening, and timezones are pretty screwy (am GMT +0... I think? Stupid daylight savings) but I'm in approximately zero rush to get anything cloned right now or in the immediate future. Gotta finish the game and catch all the legendaries first :D
...Actually, how long does a single clone take? I've never had it done before so I don't know what's an appropriate amount of clones to request. 2? 10? 60? Probably not 60 haha.
(I only know this from when EnGarde helps me) the easiest cloning numbers a 1 + the original and 5 + the original. The process is super quick though, I normally trade something to EnGarde, leave the trade, what a minute or two and then I'll get a trade request and I get all the copies back. You'll need to have a bunch of things to trade to get all the copies back though.. So yeah it isn't so hard.

Why do quotes have fat name instead of just name? Is there an intresting story or did it just happen?
I don't know the exact reason but I know it's meant to be an in-joke that's like super old (as old as smogon itself). Don't worry, people aren't trying to call you out lol

I've seen countless people ask this and never get a real answer. Personally, I'd also love to know haha

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
D_what, what cant say said is exactly true for people (like me) who clone using powersaves. Hmm, maybe a little PSA about cloning might be in order?

There are primarily 2 methods for cloning pokemon in gen 6. The most common method is by using powersaves, but this does add extra wear and tear on the pins of your cartridge, which shortens the lifespan of your game over time. That's why many cloners will typically ask to keep a copy in exchange.

Further, any person who clones for you using powersaves will be able to keep a copy of the pokemon cloned, so there's a certain amount of honor code among cloners. That's why you should use discretion when choosing who to clone for you. If you have something that you don't want redistributed, and you get an untrustworthy person to clone for you, well. That's one common reason people are reported to the wifi forum blacklist.

The second method is by using the cloning glitch while trading between 2 3DS's. I wouldn't recommend this method, as it takes some time to get even a single clone, and there is a chance that your pokemon could be lost if done incorrectly.

As for timing, I've generally found the time constraint is in the trade, rather than in the cloning process. When trading pokemon in bulk, you should budget about 1 minute per pokemon. So if you're going to get 1 pokemon cloned, that's 1 minute to send the pokemon to the cloner, maybe 5 minutes to clone, plus 5 minutes to get 4 + the original pokemon back (cloner keeps 1 copy). Total time: about 11 minutes. If you find a cloner patient enough to agree to 30 pokemon, that's roughly 30 minutes just in the trade. :-/

Ok asking again because I want to help people abuse the TV reporters for XP and money.

What breedable pokemon can learn the most moves (with the most PP)that hit ONLY both opposing pokemon in double battles with 95-100 accuracy without holding an item (ie wide lens)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)