Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
that can't be true. it has worked much better than a normal pokeball to catch pokemon. there has to be some mysterious element to it.
Nope. It's exactly the same as a Normal Pokeball in terms of catch rate. You're just very lucky with them.

All Pokemon which cannot breed have 3 perfect IV's since XY. This includes all legendaries, Baby Pokemon and Nidorina.
If I knew this earlier I would have tried for different stats for my Kyogre :(
Thanks tho, I just got x/x/x/31/31/31 for a Timid Latios, is that something worth taking or do I try and get better stats in the other ones?

How do you put Show/hide boxes into your posts? I want to post my teams for the Battle Maison board, but I also don't want it to blow up your entire computer screen.

If I knew this earlier I would have tried for different stats for my Kyogre :(
Thanks tho, I just got x/x/x/31/31/31 for a Timid Latios, is that something worth taking or do I try and get better stats in the other ones?
Always try for flawless in every stat that's used. (in other words, everything but Attack for Timid) So keep trying, and ask in the WiFi forum's Simple Questions/Requests thread if you should keep something, provided it isn't something obviously not good.

What set should I use for a Battle Maison Scizor? I bred one with 31s in everything but Special Attack and Adamant Nature already, but I still need to figure out a good set.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
What set should I use for a Battle Maison Scizor? I bred one with 31s in everything but Special Attack and Adamant Nature already, but I still need to figure out a good set.
If you plan on using Mega Scizor, max Speed max Attack with Swords Dance/Bug Bite/Bullet Punch/Superpower. I don't know if it'll be good against Maison opponents (you might want to check the Maison thread), but it's definitely good for WiFi and maybe Battle Spot.

If you plan on using Mega Scizor, max Speed max Attack with Swords Dance/Bug Bite/Bullet Punch/Superpower. I don't know if it'll be good against Maison opponents (you might want to check the Maison thread), but it's definitely good for WiFi and maybe Battle Spot.
Thanks! I wasn't sure what would work in Maison, I'll doublecheck in that thread. And yes, I am going to be using Mega Scizor.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks! I wasn't sure what would work in Maison, I'll doublecheck in that thread. And yes, I am going to be using Mega Scizor.
You have probably already checked the Maison thread but I just wanted to say that (Mega) Scizor typically runs max (or close) HP and attack. You already have Bullet Punch for priority which will wreck most things after a boost so you can invest in just enough speed to outrun the things that you will target with Bug Bite / other move. The most successful Scizor streak was a team run by Jumpman16 with a Mega Scizor running 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Speed

Mega Scizor's best set in the Maison consists of Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, and either Roost or Superpower in the last slot. Roost is more common, because it takes advantage of Mega Scizor's bulk and lets it set up more easily, but Superpower hits Steel-type Pokemon that would wall the set otherwise, like Magnezone, Cobalion and Registeel. As for the EV spread, you must give it max attack, and enough speed EVs to outspeed a certain threat to your team, if needed. Here is Snail489's Speed Tier List for the Maison, for reference. The rest should go to HP.
Also, a few helpful links:
-VaporeonIce's Threat List for Singles
-The pokemon sets in the Maison by Team Rocket Elite and Kaphotics
-NoCheese's guides for Singles(here and here)

And finally, welcome to Smogon!

BATTLE MAISON

I need a team with MEGA SLOWBRO, THE BETTER SUICUNE

The EV Spread should be optimized for a battle in the fallacity, and should consider that pure 252/252 might suck.

Thanks in avance

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
BATTLE MAISON

I need a team with MEGA SLOWBRO, THE BETTER SUICUNE

The EV Spread should be optimized for a battle in the fallacity, and should consider that pure 252/252 might suck.

Thanks in avance
You're in luck, the current conversation in the Battle Maison thread is on Mega Slowbro's viability in singles. The general consensus so far is that it's not exactly a better Suicune, however it is able to play a similar role...

Since there are no M-Bro streaks yet, I would recommend checking out Jumpman16's teams: Suizorus and (iirc) Kangliscune which each featured Suicune (they're also 2 of the best teams ever in the Maison).

Good luck with your streak, if you do have some success with M-Slowbro we'd love to hear about it in the Maison thread

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I've got a 3DS tech question.

I bought and downloaded a digital copy of OR when the games came out. If I wanted to restart the game for a Nuzlocke, could I theoretically use a seperate SD card to redownload the full game and just switch SD cards whenever I want to play the old file or another game?

Reason I'm asking is because I could swear I remember someone on the forums (wifi subsection iirc) that had an issue with the save file not loading when he switched back to the original SD card, something about the save not being supported, which I don't see how that's possible if the ROM data and saves are from completely seperate SD cards?

Mega Scizor's best set in the Maison consists of Swords Dance, Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, and either Roost or Superpower in the last slot. Roost is more common, because it takes advantage of Mega Scizor's bulk and lets it set up more easily, but Superpower hits Steel-type Pokemon that would wall the set otherwise, like Magnezone, Cobalion and Registeel. As for the EV spread, you must give it max attack, and enough speed EVs to outspeed a certain threat to your team, if needed. Here is Snail489's Speed Tier List for the Maison, for reference. The rest should go to HP.
Also, a few helpful links:
-VaporeonIce's Threat List for Singles
-The pokemon sets in the Maison by Team Rocket Elite and Kaphotics
-NoCheese's guides for Singles(here and here)

And finally, welcome to Smogon!
Thanks! I think I decided what I'm going with as far as Battle Maison, but maybe you/someone can tell me if this is any good because I'm fairly new to this:

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Speed
Adamant Nature

- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Is this okay? I mainly am hoping to at least reach 50 but a big streak would be nice.

EDIT: Meant Technician as ability for Scizor.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is this okay? I mainly am hoping to at least reach 50 but a big streak would be nice.
That should serve decently well for 50. For longer streaks, the 90% accuracy on Azumarill's Play Rough may cost you. Belly Drum can also be a bit rough to use reliably over a long streak, and you would likely be better served with another coverage move and either Wide Lens (bringing Play Rough to a much safer 99%) or Assault Vest (giving you a lot more special bulk).

But best of luck in the Maison. Should you wish to discuss teams further, or take a look at other successful teams, post here.

Cloud_Motion

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I... This breeding is doing my head in. If anybody can help me, I'd appreciate it.

I have a Sandile male with Intimidate ability, and Rash nature.

Then a female Sandile with Moxie and Adamant. Is there at all a possibility to get Adamant and Intimidate into a new breed, or am I just wasting the day riding in a square here?

I've been trying to use a ditto and female, a ditto and male in another, and then the female and male in the next. Ive been using an ever stone on the male, then the female, then one on both. I dungetit. So any input someone could provide me would be a huge help.

Edit: Well. For some reason, I just got a female with Intimidate and Adamant nature. But I still don't get it, so any clarification would help for future breeding.

Last edited:

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
I... This breeding is doing my head in. If anybody can help me, I'd appreciate it.

I have a Sandile male with Intimidate ability, and Rash nature.

Then a female Sandile with Moxie and Adamant. Is there at all a possibility to get Adamant and Intimidate into a new breed, or am I just wasting the day riding in a square here?

I've been trying to use a ditto and female, a ditto and male in another, and then the female and male in the next. Ive been using an ever stone on the male, then the female, then one on both. I dungetit. So any input someone could provide me would be a huge help.

Edit: Well. For some reason, I just got a female with Intimidate and Adamant nature. But I still don't get it, so any clarification would help for future breeding.
if you breed a male and a female Sandile (or anything really), the female determines the ability, as you probably knew. However, the ability is not guaranteed to be inherited: it 'only' has an 80% chance to be passed down (60% in the case of a hidden ability), so that Intimidate one you hatched was one of the other 20% :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)