Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I have a Nincada with some ribbons on it and I evolve it, producing a Shedinja along with the Ninjask, will the Shedinja have the same ribbons as the Nincada?

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
If I have a Nincada with some ribbons on it and I evolve it, producing a Shedinja along with the Ninjask, will the Shedinja have the same ribbons as the Nincada?
Yes, just like pretty much everything else. I remember a while back evolving a Nincada with a Careless Ribbon in Diamond, and both Ninjask and Shedinja had the ribbon. I imagine it's the same in other generations.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
has anyone managed to beat 1:03:9:5 seconds on a speedrun of pokemon gold on emulator just wondering cause I did and wonder if I currently hold the world record (:
no its 1 hour lol
This is pretty much impossible. Unless you upload a video of you completing it in this time no one is going to believe you really. Werster is ridiculously good and he can only do Johto in like 2:35 at best. The time stamp you used would indicate a real world time, as opposed to a game time (As the game time doesn't count as days).

This is pretty much impossible. Unless you upload a video of you completing it in this time no one is going to believe you really. Werster is ridiculously good and he can only do Johto in like 2:35 at best. The time stamp you used would indicate a real world time, as opposed to a game time (As the game time doesn't count as days).
It's possible if you use the space bar super speed button that is available on a Game Boy Advance emulator. However, speed runs are run on cartridges to make it fair for everyone.

Aside from the Azure Flute and various Dream World abilities, what competitively relevant Pokemon/items have been 'slated for release' but never actually released within a particular generation?

If I recall correctly, all event Berries have been released for both Gen IV and Gen V. Are there any Pokemon/items that I'm missing?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
It's possible if you use the space bar super speed button that is available on a Game Boy Advance emulator. However, speed runs are run on cartridges to make it fair for everyone.
Even people who run on Emus use the ingame clock as their timer, not any outside source of information. On a run using turbo, the ingame clock will be at something crazy (especially on a high end system). RBY games run at literally over 9000% speed for me using turbo and the ingame clock goes crazy.

@Above - Celebi was only recently really available to people, it was incredibly rare for Nintendo to give it out. Afaik, only some other items that activate events may not have been given out.

I believe all official Pokemon game speedrun WRs are documented using in-game time.

Celebi was pretty much internationally available during the Movie 13 event, so there's that. The only entirely unreleased event item I know of is the Lock Capsule, but that only unlocks TM95 which became normally obtainable in B2/W2 anyway.

Question for Pokemon Black 2/White 2:

I understand that Pokemon such as Cobalion, Zekrom, etc. will respawn after defeating the Elite Four again. However, does that mean their Nature/IVs will also be different the second time around? Or will they respawn with the same Nature/IVs? The main reason I'm wondering is because I want to progress in the post-game Kyurem sidequest, but I don't want to deal with catching a good Zekrom right now.

Thanks! Also, for any legendary in the game (but especially Kyurem in the post game sidequest), if you knock it out, will it respawn after beating the Elite Four again?

If I was to get someone to remove the battery in Sapphire how would it affect the game. Like I think I read that the battery affects things like time and I was wondering if this would include the feebas spots? The feebas spots change every 24 hours.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
If I was to get someone to remove the battery in Sapphire how would it affect the game. Like I think I read that the battery affects things like time and I was wondering if this would include the feebas spots? The feebas spots change every 24 hours.
Honestly, I am surprised the internal battery isn't already flat... both of my games are...

I think the other things it would effect are the Shoal Cave sea levels (I'm pretty sure it totally stops changing; making a Shell Bell impossible to obtain) and also you would not be able to grow any Berries iirc. The Feebas spots I believe are based on the Trendy Phrases in Dewford town? I'm not sure if they change on the clock. They change on the clock in DDPt...

Honestly, I am surprised the internal battery isn't already flat... both of my games are...

I think the other things it would effect are the Shoal Cave sea levels (I'm pretty sure it totally stops changing; making a Shell Bell impossible to obtain) and also you would not be able to grow any Berries iirc. The Feebas spots I believe are based on the Trendy Phrases in Dewford town? I'm not sure if they change on the clock. They change on the clock in DDPt...
I don't care about any of those other things -I got the game to help complete the pokedex and feebas is the only pokemon I need from that game. Yeah it's all based on the trendy phases. Can anyone here confirm if they change on the clock? This would really help me out in catching that ugly brown fish.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't care about any of those other things -I got the game to help complete the pokedex and feebas is the only pokemon I need from that game. Yeah it's all based on the trendy phases. Can anyone here confirm if they change on the clock? This would really help me out in catching that ugly brown fish.
Only on DPPt they change based on the clock. Where the Feebas show up on Route 119 in RSE is not based on time at all — Like you said, what six tiles Feebas shows up on is completely based on the Trendy Phases, but the clock has absolutely nothing to do with what six tiles it shows up on. (Source)

Only on DPPt they change based on the clock. Where the Feebas show up on Route 119 in RSE is not based on time at all — Like you said, what six tiles Feebas shows up on is completely based on the Trendy Phases, but the clock has absolutely nothing to do with what six tiles it shows up on. (Source)
Rats, oh well thanks for the help guys.

I want to get duplicates of Rare Candies and the Hyper Beam TM on my Blue Version cartridge, but can an encounter with Missingno. mess up my game?
I only intend to find it and then run away, not catch or battle it. Will I be fine or is there still a risk of ruining my game just by running into it?

missingno. is completely harmless to the game even if you catch it, with the exception of it messing up your hall of fame data - but, really, who cares about that? the graphics just may look a little glitchy, but this is easily solved by saving and turning the game off and on again.

If you catch Missingno. (catch, not defeat or run away), then the item can actually be duplicated a second time. For instance, if you have a Master Ball as the sixth item, encountering Missingno. will give you 128 Master Balls. Switching the Master Balls for another item like Rare Candy, and then catching Missingno. will give you 128 Rare Candies as well. Catching Missingno. duplicates items faster this way.

Also, Shiruba is right. Missingno. is completely harmless.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When performing an in-game trade with an NPC, what determines the traded pokemon's nature / IV's etc?
I want to get a half decent Gigalith without having to trade with a friend so thought I'd just manipulate the Emolga trade in White 2. I'm sure it just copies the characteristics of the Pokemon you trade but just want to make sure

Yes, just like pretty much everything else. I remember a while back evolving a Nincada with a Careless Ribbon in Diamond, and both Ninjask and Shedinja had the ribbon. I imagine it's the same in other generations.
It was annoying that it got the ev's too. -.0

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
When performing an in-game trade with an NPC, what determines the traded pokemon's nature / IV's etc?
I want to get a half decent Gigalith without having to trade with a friend so thought I'd just manipulate the Emolga trade in White 2. I'm sure it just copies the characteristics of the Pokemon you trade but just want to make sure
That particular trade is unmanipulatable.

Gigalith
Lv35
Item: Leppa Berry
Ability Sturdy
Nature: Adamant
Original Trainer Information: Manny ♂ OT:11195
IVS: 20/31/20/20/20/20

Trades are fixed in BW2. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_in-game_trades scroll down here and youll find every BW2 trade is fixed to only give a particular set of IVs/Natures. At least the IV's are good and the Nature is pretty good too!

I want to get duplicates of Rare Candies and the Hyper Beam TM on my Blue Version cartridge, but can an encounter with Missingno. mess up my game?
I only intend to find it and then run away, not catch or battle it. Will I be fine or is there still a risk of ruining my game just by running into it?
missingno. is completely harmless to the game even if you catch it, with the exception of it messing up your hall of fame data - but, really, who cares about that? the graphics just may look a little glitchy, but this is easily solved by saving and turning the game off and on again.

Missingno. is completely harmless aside from Hall Of Fame corruption(which happens when you encounter it anyway)and battle sprite scrambling. The latter can be fixed by viewing the status screen of a regular pokémon.

Be warned though, Missingno.'s "brother" 'M is more harmfull. Do not catch 'M if that means it is sent to your PC. An 'M in a box effectively breaks the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)