Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to change the stats one point at a time and I just want to know for knowledge sake. I did not know it was against the rules, though, sorry.
I believe most in-game trainers' Pokemon have no IV's whatsoever, Gym Leaders have 20 in all stats, Elite Four have 25, and the Champion has 30 in everything. None of them have any EV's. Not sure where the rival fits into all this, though.

A shame about the IV's for in-game trainers too, since Younger Joey's Rattata is definitely not 'top percentage' in this case...

Hi, I was wondering about this for quite some time... So I know that strain 0 pokerus is illegitimate and hacked. But my question is, should my legitimate Pokemon contracted an illegitimate strand of pokerus, does that affect their legitimacy in anyways? Data wise? Will it forbid my Pokemon from competitive online features? I haven't been able to get any clear answers about this. And will I be able to transfer my now infected Pokemon to future games? Thank you!
Assuming that I understand game mechanics correctly, it shouldn't change anything once pokerus is cured. Strain 0 pokerus with time left would be illegitimate, but it would decay into strain 0 pokerus with no time left, which is indistinguishable from no pokerus, so your pokemon will be exactly like they never had pokerus before (except the doubled exp while they have it), even when exposed to any legitimacy test that exists.

Aren't the next main Pokemon games announced during this time? Do you guys think X2/Y2 or whatever are coming out in 2016?
(I didn't want to make a thread for this just in case tho)

There's actually a special thread just for ORAS Q&A. This is for everything else.
Alright then, so I'm trying to get a hold on Latias on Heartgold. I'm only having trouble trying to get near it. Any place I can run between a bunch, some sort of technique? Dang Kanto geography…

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Alright then, so I'm trying to get a hold on Latias on Heartgold. I'm only having trouble trying to get near it. Any place I can run between a bunch, some sort of technique? Dang Kanto geography…
Cerulean City and its adjacent routes are probably your best bet because then you have a lot of routes within reach where it can land. Additionally, since it doesn't change routes if you move between cities via a gate and the route below Cerulean is connected to Saffron (which is connected via gates to all adjacent routes), there are a lot of routes it can end up where you can reliably reach it (e.g. I once caught mine on the route left of Lavender after it landed there when I went to the route below Cerulean, so I could simply go there via Saffron without it changing routes. Don't forget to bring a Cut user though ^^)

Oh yeah, OK..

& I can't get Suicune .-.
It's like 1:52 PM (Between 40-60 minutes past)
Got Lugia ONLY, not Ho-Oh (So I'm wondering if it's this)

I touch the portal, & it says..
'A mysterious ring is floating in the air...'
That's it
Any help?

Oh yeah, OK..

That's it
Any help?
Assuming your 3DS clock is correct, are you at the right location, i.e. Trackless Forest? Did you mess with your 3DS clock just before you tried to look for Suicune? (Messing with the clock pushes in-game events back 1 day if I'm not mistaken) Did you run into Raikou/Entei by mistake and did not leave Trackless Forest to "reset" the legendary appearing? Either Lugia or Ho-Oh will work so nothing wrong there.

How does the time go back to normal than?
Not sure what you mean by normal... But if you messed with the 3DS clock then you'd have to wait 1 day. If you need to "reset"/change the legendary appearing (e.g. from Raikou to Suicune) then just leave Trackless Forest and re-enter.

Oh yeah, OK..

That's it
Any help?
When you arrive at Trackless Forest, you're prompted with a message cluing you in on which legendary Pokemon is waiting in the portal. Suicune's is a mention of a cold, north wind blowing. If you don't see a message, nothing will show up. If you screw with the 3DS clock, you have to wait 24 hours from when you last messed with it. Leaving Trackless Forest and re-entering will allow the currently available beast to change depending on when you land. (this also applies for Pathless Plain and Nameless Cavern, though I think the latter you just have to exit and re-enter the cave proper to change)

But I don't know which one. Any ideas?
Flip a coin or something. I think Platinum may be a bit harder as the Sinnoh region has a fair few long, windy, tedious routes without much in the way of spots to heal up if that's what you're looking for. Though Whitney and Claire can both potentially crush Nuzlocke runs if you're ill prepared for them, and you might want to go on to beat the Kanto gym leaders and try to not lose to Red's insanely high-leveled team.

I know this hasn't worked in the past, but I'm not sure on now: If I breed with two Power items (Say Lens and Bracer), will both of the selected IVs be passed down or just one chosen at random?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)