Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about nature picking. Which nature should I pick for Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip?
Don't ask questions like this in the Wifi forum. If it's in-game, a +Atk nature is probably your best bet. If it's competitive, it depends. You can look at the Smogon dex, ask at one of the competitive forums (probably OU, generally speaking, although Blaziken is Ubers and Swampert and Sceptile are UU), or you can check out the Pokemon Global Link website itself for natures commonly used in Battle Spot and other online competitions.

I have a question about nature picking. Which nature should I pick for Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip?
Assuming you're going to use it in game. For Torchic: Naive, hasty, naughty or lonely would probably give you the most beneficial boosts, boosting either speed or attack without lowering it's special attack. As for treeco: Naive, hasty mild or rash nature, boosting either special attack or speed, again without lowering the other attacking stat. Mudkip: Naughty or lonely nature, boosting attack without lowering special attack, a speed boosting nature doesn't benefit swampert very much.

In game, you just need natures who don't hinder your Attack/SpAtt/Speed ... The three starters can go mixed if they want (and they're good for that).

Does anyone think Zygarde should have anything to do with an ORAS post game? Gamefreak could incorporate something involving thousand arrows or thousand waves. Anybody agree or disagree?

Does anyone think Zygarde should have anything to do with an ORAS post game? Gamefreak could incorporate something involving thousand arrows or thousand waves. Anybody agree or disagree?
The OR/AS post-game is Delta Episode, focusing around Rayquaza. Zygarde doesn't factor in to the Hoenn region whatsoever, but will more than likely be the focus of the upcoming, final gen 6 game (or pair of games if they go the B2/W2 route) this fall.

That said, this topic is dangerously close to wish-listing territory which the rules forbid, so it's probably best to just leave it at 'not involved with OR/AS at all'.

The OR/AS post-game is Delta Episode, focusing around Rayquaza. Zygarde doesn't factor in to the Hoenn region whatsoever, but will more than likely be the focus of the upcoming, final gen 6 game (or pair of games if they go the B2/W2 route) this fall.

That said, this topic is dangerously close to wish-listing territory which the rules forbid, so it's probably best to just leave it at 'not involved with OR/AS at all'.
That is a good idea, but it could be like mewtwo, where he does not have anything to do with the story, and he is there just to be there.

That is a good idea, but it could be like mewtwo, where he does not have anything to do with the story, and he is there just to be there.
Zygarde is not available in OR/AS unless traded or banked over from X/Y. Takes about 2 minutes at most to look it up on Serebii or Bulbapedia. Bookmark either or both sites; it'll save you a lot of trouble to check them first before asking questions that 5 minutes at most of searching or Googling will probably answer.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Regarding Zygarde: Several traditions indicate it'll have a role to play in the inevitable Kalos follow-up games (just look at the box art of every "third version" game(s) since Emerald). The "Thousand" moves feel eerily similar to Ice Burn or Freeze Shock, and will probably be tied to Zygarde somehow. It's only conjecture, but there is a clear precedence here. Discussing anything beyond that quickly falls into "baseless speculation" territory. Tying it to ORAS is plain wishlisting, unless you've got something really substantial. At any rate, the questions thread is probably not the best place for it. Try our IRC channel, #oi, instead. We're pretty lax about speculation there.

Zygarde is not available in OR/AS unless traded or banked over from X/Y. Takes about 2 minutes at most to look it up on Serebii or Bulbapedia. Bookmark either or both sites; it'll save you a lot of trouble to check them first before asking questions that 5 minutes at most of searching or Googling will probably answer.
I knew that, but I just wanted to know if anyone shared the same opinion as me.

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What are the odds that Pokerus spreads within the party when you KO an opposing Pokemon? Is it at the end of a battle or a KO?
Hello SimicCombine,

The Pokerus is particularly contagious for the spread, just place a Pokémon infected in the team and to do the fighting. After a decade of fighting, the whole team is found infected, the virus is spreading slowly over the fighting, beginning contaminate Pokémon lying around the infected Pokémon in the team list. No need a Pokémon involved in the fight to be infected and no need to actually fight, flee face a wild Pokémon spread the virus anyway. ;)

According to Bulbapedia, it's at the end of a battle. Not sure about the chances, I've heard it's 1/10 but that's a lot lower than my personal experience with it.
How does a pokemon specifically get Pokerus?

Is a jolly natured Ampharos (non mega) good? I was think of a nature that would boost speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does a pokemon specifically get Pokerus?
Any Pokemon in your game has about a 1 in 21,845 of randomly contracting Pokerus. If you have a Pokemon that has an active Pokerus strain (it has the purple POKERUS banner instead of the little pink smiley face), then that Pokemon can pass Pokerus onto another Pokemon by being in your party and in the slot next to the Pokemon you want to pass it onto. You can read the Bulbapedia article on it for more information.

Also, don't double-post. You should edit your previous post instead.

Reisen

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is a jolly natured Ampharos (non mega) good? I was think of a nature that would boost speed.
Hello Magic Grease, if you want to increase speed stat of Ampharos, the best nature is Timid, because with Jolly your SpD stat is decreased.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hello Magic Grease, if you want to increase speed stat of Ampharos, the best nature is Timid, because with Jolly your SpD stat is decreased.
Erm, No... Jolly reduces Special Attack.

Also here is not really the place to answer Nature questions. If you need answers to those questions, please check out the Smogon Dex and look up the Pokemon you want to use.

Erm, No... Jolly reduces Special Attack.

Also here is not really the place to answer Nature questions. If you need answers to those questions, please check out the Smogon Dex and look up the Pokemon you want to use.
Ok, that's good. Thanks.

What is the best way to found out your hidden power on a pokemon?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reisen

In Fortree City, there's a house in which there are 3 old women. The woman in the middle will give you the TM10 (Hidden Power) and the woman on her right will tell you which type will be the HP on your pokemon.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, that's good. Thanks.
You just got advised not to double-post. Do not do it again.

The person that gives you the TM for Hidden Power also tells you your Pokemon's Hidden Power type. If you can't remember where they are, in XY it's the Psychic in the house to the right of the Pokemon Center in Anistar City, in ORAS it's the old lady in one of the houses on the northern bridge in Fortree City.

Also, your last two questions could have very easily been solved with some light Googling / research on your behalf, as they were really simple. I would advise that you try looking yourself before resorting to using this thread

You just got advised not to double-post. Do not do it again.

The person that gives you the TM for Hidden Power also tells you your Pokemon's Hidden Power type. If you can't remember where they are, in XY it's the Psychic in the house to the right of the Pokemon Center in Anistar City, in ORAS it's the old lady in one of the houses on the northern bridge in Fortree City.

Also, your last two questions could have very easily been solved with some light Googling / research on your behalf, as they were really simple. I would advise that you try looking yourself before resorting to using this thread
ok

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I have a question about 3DS Save Data. I don't know where to ask it, but here seems like the right spot.

I have a save file for a game (Lets call it "Save A") Can I move Save A from the 3DS's SD card to my computer, start a new game then save. (Lets call this one "Save B") and be able to use my Computer and SD Card to swap between "Save A" and "Save B" or does that cause glitches that Corrupt Save Data? (AKA "Save MissingNo.") Also, if this work, does it madder if I have downloaded the game onto the SD Card, or if I have the cartage for the game?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)