Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am trying to just beat the game, get them to level 100, and maybe do the battle maison, i am not sure yet. so far, i just want the moves for some of them.
Okay... The Battle Maison will require a more competitive team than whatever wild Pokemon you happen to catch. You can use nearly anything to beat the game, but probably best to have powerful STAB moves on each which run off of their best offensive stat. Like Waterfall on Gyarados, Moonblast and Psychic on Gardevoir, etc. You don't need to worry about getting them to level 100 as there's no trainers with Pokemon that high leveled in any of the gen 6 games thus far, but you can pass out EXP Power until you get it to level 3, give some affection to them in Pokemon Amie, turn EXP Share on, and then in Pokemon X/Y make use of Restaurant Le Wow for excellent EXP gain. In OR/AS, make use of Blissey bases, though you need to give them a day from when you load them in and will want to get a Level Release decoration so you can use the ones in other bases.

When you're ready to dip into competitive breeding, check out Most's 6IV Ditto giveaway.

I have a quick question :D

since i've obtained my shiny charm and completed my living dex on pokebank,I've got in to shiny hunting, i've cought 5 shinys in 5 days of chaining, fishing, w/e but then i wanted a shiny scizor and i don't like pokeradar so ther was another way, Masuda method.
Now i have a 6 IV Spa (spanish) SHINY Ditto, i'm currently breeding it with a female 6 IV scyther, trying to get a shiny scizor with like 5 iv's, so far as i know since the ditto is showing "SPA" it should be a different region even though i'm playing the english version that i bought in the netherlands and that still is in europe just like spain. so i assume the ditto should work for masuda? because i'm currently at 1300+ scyther's without a single shiny :c
any tips or something i'm missing out?

(Edit, The grammar was terrible)

Last edited:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Now i have a 6 IV Spa (spanish) SHINY Ditto, i'm currently breeding it with a female 6 IV scyther, trying to get a shiny scizor with like 5 iv's, so far as i know since the ditto is showing "SPA" it should be a different region even though i'm playing the english version that i bought in the netherlands and that still is in europe just like spain. so i assume the ditto should work for masuda? because i'm currently at 1300+ scyther's without a single shiny :c
any tips or something i'm missing out?
You're doing everything right, so the only advise that can be given is to stop being unlucky. After 1300+, I assume that you should get it soon.

Yaay finnaly, after 1414 egg's i've got my shiny scyther, only big bummer is it has 5 iv's and it's missing attack :c
Congrats on the shiny. There is a more optimal way to breed for shinies though, called TSV hatching or SV hatching. You basically breed for a regular perfect Pokemon with the right Nature, Ability, IVs and moveset in the right Poke Ball. Each trainer has a 4-digit value assigned to them, called a Trainer Shiny Value, or TSV. Every egg also has a 4-digit value called an Egg Shiny Value, or ESV. If the egg is hatched on a game where the ESV and TSV match, it hatches as a shiny Pokémon. You should check it out!

Finally got speed Naive Diancie. However, it's rolling with 19 HP/ 9 Att (ugh)/ 21 SpD. Only gotten two, maybe three Naives and maybe one Rash out of many (NoCheese Edit: derogatory language removed), so keep or toss and try some more? I honestly don't know why I even care though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got speed Naive Diancie. However, it's rolling with 19 HP/ 9 Att (ugh)/ 21 SpD. Only gotten two, maybe three Naives and maybe one Rash out of many, so keep or toss and try some more? I honestly don't know why I even care though...
Toss, unless you're okay with it, lol. People here SR for hexaflawless ones, so yours won't have any trade value (if you're planning to trade it). 20 or less in a stat that actually matters is definitely already a no go.

Finally got speed Naive Diancie. However, it's rolling with 19 HP/ 9 Att (ugh)/ 21 SpD. Only gotten two, maybe three Naives and maybe one Rash out of many (yet get fucking gay neutral shit like Docile all the time, even consecutively), so keep or toss and try some more? I honestly don't know why I even care though...
Toss. Diancie's HP maxes out at 125 without investment, so you really shouldn't bother looking at anything with less than 124... and even that's a bit iffy.

I am actually used to competitive breeding and playing. in fact, i have a venasaur that is specifically for competitive play, and it is the ultimate tank. it took out a whole team without dying for 30 turns.
i know how to breed for moves and abilities, and have spent hours doing just that across my gen 6 playtime. i have spent over 700 hours making different teams and i just needed help with some under used (IMO) pokemon and determining the movesets for these specific pokemon.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Finally got speed Naive Diancie. However, it's rolling with 19 HP/ 9 Att (ugh)/ 21 SpD. Only gotten two, maybe three Naives and maybe one Rash out of many (yet get fucking gay neutral shit like Docile all the time, even consecutively), so keep or toss and try some more? I honestly don't know why I even care though...
Honest question: Are you ever going to use it in a top-level battle? I mean, sure it doesn't feel right to have a sub-optimal Pokémon when you've only got the one chance to get it, but just accepting what you're given is a lot less time-wasting. I mean, unless it has the worst IVs ever and a hindering nature, it will work well enough for in-game or even low-level competitive. A decently-Natured one with OK IVs will be a lot better than many things out there, after all.

Also, if the answer to the above is yes, then this entire debate should be in the Wi-Fi forum. We're not competitive here in OI, guys!

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
If you're never going to use in a battle competition and just want it for OU matches, just IV edit the fucker with a Powersave.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
intercoursing neutral excrements with an alternate sexual orientation.
We also don't use language like this used to be before your friendly neighbourhood mod edited to be more family friendly.
If you're never going to use in a battle competition and just want it for OU matches, just IV edit the intercourse with a Powersave.
Come on man, promoting hacking isn't allowed anywhere on the site...

Mod edit: Removed some deregatory language.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karxrida

cant say last time I checked the only way to clone anymore is with Powersaves, yet people don't seem to have a problem with it. Also I said for OU matches, I understand that it shouldn't be done for official competitions (even though I'm pretty sure they're still pretty bad about their hack checks, remember the Dream Ball Aegislash?). I also don't condone trading hacks.

I am actually used to competitive breeding and playing. in fact, i have a venasaur that is specifically for competitive play, and it is the ultimate tank. it took out a whole team without dying for 30 turns.
i know how to breed for moves and abilities, and have spent hours doing just that across my gen 6 playtime. i have spent over 700 hours making different teams and i just needed help with some under used (IMO) pokemon and determining the movesets for these specific pokemon.
The best resource is here, actually, with Smogon's XY analyses. Even if you disagree with Smogon's tiers, they still provide solid sets and teambuilding advice around said Pokemon. You can even ignore the tiers and just search the Pokemon you like.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
cant say last time I checked the only way to clone anymore is with Powersaves, yet people don't seem to have a problem with it. Also I said for OU matches, I understand that it shouldn't be done for official competitions (even though I'm pretty sure they're still pretty bad about their hack checks, remember the Dream Ball Aegislash?). I also don't condone trading hacks.
Cloning has been deemed fine by the Wi-Fi mods as you're not actually changing the Pokemon, just copying it for others to enjoy. Editing Pokemon themselves though is not fair and deemed wrong since not everyone has access to the devices that are needed and therefore puts them at a disadvantage (at least that's my interpretation, there are other ways to look at why it's bad). As for talking about such things, it's stated in both the Smogon-wide rules and the Orange Island rules. Serebii also posted an update that Nintendo is going to be coming down hard on anyone that is caught hacking. I don't know how they'll enforce it but we should absolutely not be encouraging users here to risk that.

Smogon-wide Rules said:
  • Do not post illegal stuff here! This includes links to ROMs, warez, or anything of the sort. If it's illegal, do not link to it here.
OI Rules said:
Do not ask for links to emulators or ROMs, provide access to them, or discuss ways to exploit them for personal gain.
(ok you're not providing links to them but suggesting to use them encourages people to go out and google and find out themselves)

Serebii said:
In The Games Department
Pokémon - Global Link

The Japanese Pokémon Global Link has put out an update regarding stricter hack checks that are to come to the game. If you have been caught with a modified save file or modified Pokémon, then you will be unable to participate in Rating Battles or in Battle Competitions. If you are caught having done this multiple times, you are to be hit with stronger consequences beyond blocking from Rating Battles, which have not been detailed, without any warning. Those who have already been confirmed to have done this will have consequences enacted soon. This follows recent instances of save data loss for innocent players after they have encounter certain people with modified data. We'll keep you apprised of further developments
I know very well what your feelings are towards this subject so I'm not here trying to convince you otherwise. I just feel the need to bring this up as a Battle Spot mod (and trying to get a distribution up and running so that people don't need to resort to stuff like this in the first place, stay tuned!)

Karxrida

Powersaves and cheating devices in general are not against the law (iirc there was even a Supreme Court case about it or something back in the day that ruled in their favor), as they are sold in major retail stores like Target and Game Stop. Hacking is more of an ethics issue if anything.

Also if they make external IV editing impossible I will never buy a Pokemon game again unless they provide a way to do it in-game, because the current system is complete bullshit.

I just came across a Dry Skin Toxicroak. I was frist assuming he didn't have Dry Skin since my HP Fire wasn't super effective, so I thought I could safely Scald. However, that Scald healed him due to him having Dry Skin. Apparently Dry Skin isn't affected by HP Fire. Is this intentional, or is this a Showdown! bug?

But HP Fire is not 'super effective' ... He just does more damage but it'snot classified as "super effective" ... Super effective = types, not abilities

But HP Fire is not 'super effective' ... He just does more damage but it'snot classified as "super effective" ... Super effective = types, not abilities
Hmm. Serebii says: "HP is restored when hit by Water-type moves or when it is raining but also makes the Pokémon weak to Fire-type."
Judging by that I thought Fire-type moves would be super effective :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)