1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Sticky Have a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Fatecrashers, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Cloud of Darkness

Cloud of Darkness

NEVER MIND I SOLVED IT

I needed to start the side quest for the Copycat girl and go to Vermillion and retrieve the pokedoll, steven finally spawned.
  2. Perfect Cell

Perfect Cell

What's the max rank a Join Avenue shop can get to? 10? I've decided I should probably start working on mine and it'd be cool to know that.

Thanks.
  3. atsync

atsync Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

10 is the maximum rank for each shop, yes. Once it reaches rank 10 it stops gaining points. The avenue itself goes all the way to 100 though.
  4. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random The imitated
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Yes, the maximum rank of a Join Avenue shop is indeed 10.

EDIT: Ninja'd by atsync... By 6 seconds... >:|
  5. Perfect Cell

Perfect Cell

Ah, I see. Has anyone maxed out all 8 shops then, or the whole Join Avenue to 100? How long should it take to get all 8 shops maxed out?

also trading for magnemites is so frusturating

if it's traded to another trainer, why is it still being offered for trade
  6. Reshiram89

Reshiram89

So I'm really stuck in Black 2. I've just defeated the Shadow Triad in the Giant Chasm and now I'm not sure what I have to do...
  7. Jean mi

Jean mi

Keep going. Go down the stairs, you'll leave the ship from the other side, enter a cave where you find Ghetsis.

Hope that helps :).
  8. Dreamox

Dreamox

I need a few pokemon to complete my dex on white 2, could someone direct me where to post such a request?
  9. Shiruba

Shiruba

Honestly, this seems like the best forum for a request like that. The Wi-Fi board is mainly about trading Pokemon for the sake of using them for Wi-Fi battling, and the people there often have high standards about what they want for their Pokemon [perfect IVs, good natures, etc]. Completing the Pokedex is also part of the game, after all, which is what this section of Smogon is about, no?
  10. Reshiram89

Reshiram89

Lol I didn't even see the stairs! I feel really dumb now. Thanks.
  11. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

What sort of stuff are you looking for? :) I'd be more than willing to help out if I have the correct stuff and our timezones don't clash.
  12. Sxy

Sxy

anyone try getting lugia at xd? I need to know what nature he should be. I want the master ball, but lugia takes 50 each time to catch so... help?
  13. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

I would recommend getting one with a Timid nature for the wall set like in the DP analysis. Because the Lugia you get will lack Multiscale, he will depend on Speed to properly check threats.

Additionally, I recommend using a Pokemon with Synchronize with Timid, as it would help increase Lugia's nature to a 50% chance to get Timid.
  14. Flora

Flora Yep, that tasted purple!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

I bet someone already VMed/PMed you it buuut here you go: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3478061.

You can also use the link above to ask for a Pokemon for Pokedexing.
  15. cant say

cant say

I'm having some trouble getting a Plume Fossil on White 2 so I can revive an Archen. Both Serebii and Bulbapedia say that you get one from Lenora and not from the Twist Mountain daily fossil guy, even though I've read in a bunch of places he does offer them. Lenora wont give me one and after about 100 soft resets the fossil guy wont give me one either. So, any suggestions?
  16. Vis Mage

Vis Mage

I have recently started a project to get all possible ribbons on my favorite Pokemon, Porygon. As of so far, I have all the 3rd gen contest ribbons except for the master Beauty, and master Cute contests. Could someone please recommend move-sets that would help me win there contests?
  17. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Do we have a section for help with the new layout yet?

I click "help" but all I get is how to do smilies and trophies and shit.

I dislike change.
  18. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

If you have any specific questions, post them here. I'm sure someone will be able to help you.
  19. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Alright, just my profile picture. Why isn't it showing up...? I chose a 200x150, if that helps.
  20. Shiruba

Shiruba

there is a buttload of white on the picture you chose. maybe the forum is just focusing on the white? it does compress the image into a smaller square, after all. maybe pick one that is smaller/has a bigger design?
  21. Sidfrid

Sidfrid

I'm planning on wining the Single Pokemon vs. Elite four Medal but i'm not sure who is the best poke for the job so i want some suggestions.
  22. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

aww yuss fixed it

For anyone else maybe having the problem, my image was too small.
  23. Manitary

Manitary

Seems I can't edit/delet my post after 5 minutes :/ I hope a mod can delet the previous one

My first solo run was

[​IMG]
    Terrakion @ Expert Belt/Focus Sash/Lum Berry/Rawst Berry
    Ability: Justified
    Nature: Adamant
    EV: 4HP/252Atk/252Spe
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    - X-Scissor
    - Zen Headbutt
    Watch out for CC def drops when you fight Sturdy/Sash mons and bulky ones, always save before starting a battle!

In any case, don't forget to carry healing and PP restoring items, save before each battle to understand which pokemon you can OHKO and how to deal with the others, and to re-try if you miss or get critted/haxed to death.
    You can also use one move to beat a specific E4 (Ghost/Dark coverage for Shauntal, Psychic for Marshall, etc.) and then replace it with a TM if needed.
    And be at level 100, of course!

Then I did some others (mainly with dual-typed mons to get the "type-solo" medals quickly):

[​IMG]
    Nidoking @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Nature: Quiet (I found it in the Hidden Grotto, I got a nature "good enough")
    EV: 4HP/252SpA/252Spe
    - Earth Power
    - Ice Beam
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt

[​IMG]
    Volcarona @ Focus Sash/Expert Belt
    Ability: Flame Body
    Nature: Modest
    - Bug Buzz
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Quiver Dance

[​IMG]
    Alakazam @ Focus Sash/Expert Belt/Life Orb
    Ability: Synchronize
    Nature: Timid
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Psychic
    - Substitute

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Kyurem-W/Reshiram @ Expert Belt/Life Orb
    Ability: Turboblaze
    Nature: Modest
    - Shadow Ball
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Fusion Flare
    - Psychic

[​IMG]
    Togekiss @ Leftovers/Expert Belt
    Ability: Seren Grace
    Nature: Timid
    - Aura Sphere
    - Air Slash
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunder Wave

[​IMG]
    Rotom-? @Leftovers/Expert Belt
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Calm
    - Blizzard/Hydro Pump/etc.
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Charge (lol, use Hidden Power or anything else)
  24. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random The imitated
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

The easiest way is to go to Join Avenue, then ask either of the following NPC's to join & open an Antique Shop:
    -Pokémon Ranger Annetta
    -Pokémon Breeder Agata
    -Parasol Lady Jane

One of those three — These are the only NPC's that can possibly get the fossil you are looking for. Then level that Antique shop to get your "rock" items sellable in said shop, then just buy those rock items daily & pray. There is a small chance you can get a Plume Fossil every time you buy one of the rock items. Time consuming, yes, but it is quite reliable.
  25. Shiruba

Shiruba

what of npcs that are representations of the player character of another? is there specific criteria as to what they can give out, or is that determined by their trainer id or something?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)