Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
what of npcs that are representations of the player character of another? is there specific criteria as to what they can give out, or is that determined by their trainer id or something?
Initially, it is decided by ID, but according to this Smog Article, you can dictate what sort of shop you open up when hired by other users through the use of Ace Trainer Future, i.e. The assistant that tells you what sort of shop would be a good idea to open.

Also, talking about the E4 Solo run question, if you managed to get the event for it, SubCM Keldeo with Substitute/Calm Mind/Surf/Secret Sword & an EV spread of 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe is a solid choice — That is what I used to get that medal anyway... But odds are you prolly do not, so it is not exactly a good choice in terms of availability.

Manitary post
Also, talking about the E4 Solo run question, if you managed to get the event for it, SubCM Keldeo with Substitute/Calm Mind/Surf/Secret Sword & an EV spread of 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe is a solid choice — That is what I used to get that medal anyway... But odds are you prolly do not, so it is not exactly a good choice in terms of availability.
ugh, where is the hidden tag....
Anyway thanks for the feedback, i gonna try that Nidoking first it seems pretty interesting. And about the Keldeo i will just CMT for one on the simple request trade. Thanks.

A lot of threads get locked for being speculation around orange islands... Is there a speculation thread somewhere on smogon?

In double battles, a spread move such as earthquake will deal 75% its normal damage than it would in single battles right? So, what if i was stuck in a one-on-one situation such as scizor vs hippowdon (in doubles) and hippowdon uses EQ, would EQ deal normal damage since there is only one target or will it deal regular (75%) amount of damage?

I made a Gallade for soloing the E4 (not challenge mode), I usually have to use 1 restorative item during all 5 trainers. He can OHKO all but Metagross, Sawk, and Haxorus (while his Focus Sash is up). Here is his build:
Gallade
Adamant nature
4/252/252 HP/Atk/Speed EVs
31 Atk IV (I don't remember the rest)
Expert Belt
Night Slash
Brick Break
Ice Punch
Psycho Cut

I'm trying to find a pokemon who can OHKO everyone, but I'm not sure such a thing exists.

I thought that the SQSA thread would be the best place to ask this, so here goes. I am starting a LeafGreen Randomizer, and I would like to know if anyone would like me to name my rival after them. First to reply to this post or send me a PM gets it.

EDIT: I will also take requests for the name of my starter. First in, best dressed!
EDIT2: Ignore this post; I am moving it to a new thread.

I made a Gallade for soloing the E4 (not challenge mode), I usually have to use 1 restorative item during all 5 trainers. [...] I'm trying to find a pokemon who can OHKO everyone, but I'm not sure such a thing exists.
iirc the Reshiram/Kyurem-W set I posted a little above should OHKO everything bar sash Haxorus (Turboblaze >> Sturdy)

So I was wondering which pokemon appear in the dream world when using BW1 and which pokemon appeared in BW2? Thanks.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I got all of the T.v. events in one day, I have no idea why, but multiple times today I happened to walk into an area with a t.v. and I got a notification for each event. The first was the department sale, which I have been eagerly waiting for, because I really want a tv for my secret base, the second turned out to be the berry master, and I just thought I had a stoke of great luck, but then I got the others within at least an hour, so I don't really know what's going on. is it a glitch, should I be worried, has this happened to anyone else?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
The simple questions simple answers thread in the subforum orange islands is where this should be.

For your question? Either you are extremely lucky or you activated it by accident using action replay, nothing more than that.

Thank you, so how would I move the thread? sorry, I'm relatively new, I may activated the account in march, but didn't start actually using it until about a week ago.

as for action replay vs. luck, admittedly I did borrow a friends action replay in the past, so it might have something to do with that, but that was months ago, and I would seriously doubt luck, but maybe.

So I was wondering which pokemon appear in the dream world when using BW1 and which pokemon appeared in BW2? Thanks.
The best way to do this would be to look up each individual Dream World area on Bulbapedia. They tell you if a Pokemon can only be found in that area for BW2

Also, I have a question I need to ask. I need to know how to remove a shop on join avenue. Does anyone know if this is possible?

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
All of that info is in the first post of this thread.

The best way to do this would be to look up each individual Dream World area on Bulbapedia. They tell you if a Pokemon can only be found in that area for BW2

Also, I have a question I need to ask. I need to know how to remove a shop on join avenue. Does anyone know if this is possible?
Well you could always just replace the shop you want to get rid of with another one. If you ask someone to build a shop when the avenue is full, you'll be asked to remove one to make room for the new one. I can't remember if it's possible to remove a shop without replacing it though.

Well you could always just replace the shop you want to get rid of with another one. If you ask someone to build a shop when the avenue is full, you'll be asked to remove one to make room for the new one. I can't remember if it's possible to remove a shop without replacing it though.
I already figured it out, but thanks anyway!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I can't remember if it's possible to remove a shop without replacing it though.
No, you cannot remove a shop without replacing it on Join Avenue. Once you get to eight shops, you will always have eight shops for the rest of the game, iirc.

Just got a question about Mixing Records in RSE.
Is it just the Eon Ticket that can be shared by mixing records? Or can the Old Sea Chart and other Event tickets be obtained?

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
so whats a good challenging way to play in game?

I've tried nuzlockes, and egg scrambles, and that was pretty fun but am looking for something else.

so whats a good challenging way to play in game?

I've tried nuzlockes, and egg scrambles, and that was pretty fun but am looking for something else.
You have a few options - so you've tried Nuzlockes and Scrambles, but there are a few branches to that - maybe a Wedlocke or a Gauntlet?

You could also try monotype, monocolor, N Run, Team Plasma run (only use Team Plasma approved Pokemon and avoid all battles possible with them), UU/RU/NU run, solo run, no evolution run, limited healing run, gift Pokemon run, or my personal favorite, the dreaded no sleep run (we're not liable for what shit happens).

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
If you want a real challenge, try this:

1) Set text speed to "slow".
2) Never press the B button unless absolutely necessary (that means, always exit menus via the "Exit" option at the bottom. Running shoes can't be used).
3) Don't use a bicycle unless absolutely necessary (such as the Cycling Road).
4) Don't use Fly.

Before you ask, you have to set battle animations to on as well. Have fun!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
If you want a real challenge, try this:

1) Set text speed to "slow".
2) Never press the B button unless absolutely necessary (that means, always exit menus via the "Exit" option at the bottom. Running shoes can't be used).
3) Don't use a bicycle unless absolutely necessary (such as the Cycling Road).
4) Don't use Fly.

Before you ask, you have to set battle animations to on as well. Have fun!

That is not Challenging, that is just outright boring :P Just a test of patience... And I play with the Battle Animations on. I don't understand people who can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)