1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Sticky Have a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Fatecrashers, Jan 3, 2013.

1. cant say

cant say

Just FYI, Orange Islands is not the place to ask as there is no discussion of competitive play allowed here. You could perhaps direct your question to the OverUsed SQSA thread instead. There is also a thread already dedicated to pondering how the changes that gen VI is introducing will affect the metagame here, pretty sure they just discuss how the new 'mons/abilities/moves/mega evo's will affect the metagame, but not how what you call 'cheating' will affect it...

Long story short, OI isn't really the place to ask
  2. JustzaRippa

JustzaRippa

I don't know if this is the right place to ask...but how do I put the spoiler tags when I'm answering in a thread? I cannot find anywhere how to do it :/
  3. Stellar

Stellar dreams and adventure
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

Code:
    [hide][/hide]
    JustzaRippa likes this.
  4. JustzaRippa

JustzaRippa

You saved me Stellar, thank you :D
  5. Jimmyftw

Jimmyftw

Can someone give me a step be step way of using the hide function?

Nvm: it's two post up.
  6. Flora

Flora Yep, that tasted purple!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

(Note, every instance of "!" is not in the actual code. Ignore them as I'm using them to stop messing up my post haha.)
    1. When you're posting, type in [!hide] exactly as it is.
    2. Afterward, type whatever you need to type (you don't need to do anything special after hide, no fancy spaces or anything). Should be like - [!hide]hi this is hiding - so far (- - aren't in the actual code, just using them to make it more clear).
    3. Close it by typing in [!/hide] at the end of your typing.
    4. You're done! You can type below the hide box with other stuff if need be.
    edit: 5. I forgot this one. With the first [!hide] tag you typed, you can edit it to be [!hide=whatever you want] so you can make the line there say something. I'm labeling it as "Spoilers" below. It's basically just adding a equal sign with no spaces and typing something defining what the content of the hide tags are.

Spoilers (open)
    hi this is hiding
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    JustzaRippa and Jimmyftw like this.
  7. Onicon

Onicon

We are interested how Compoundeyes works in PMD2. It appears that 5* is perfectly accurate with Concentrator from Group C, D and Palkia. So, how low can we get with Compoundeyes? Affected are Nincada, Yanma and Yanmega.

The old question is still open: Is a Technician 4* move stronger or weaker than Technician 4* + 1?
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  8. Arikado

Arikado FREE SAVIOUR DOGE AND WATER DRUDDIGON
    is a Community Contributor
    Mentor

Why has the RMT board been so dead in recent months? I remember people (including me) racing to rate OU teams in 4th gen and beginning of 5th gen.. now you're lucky if you get a couple rates on a team.
  9. cant say

cant say

I hope I can get away with asking this here..

I'm going to a midnight launch tonight for X&Y and I figured everyone there will have their 3DS's on them. I haven't encountered more than probably one or so passerby's in BW2 (those medals suck) so I was hoping there would be a few there tonight with the same idea, BUT, I also want to try out the Streetpass feature of the 3DS in an actual crowded area as well. So I guess my question is it worth trying to go for the 'pass by 30 people' medal? Do you actually get anything cool from Streetpass? I only upgraded to the 3DS last week so haven't tried any of those features out yet
  10. Celever

Celever

In my opinion, streetpass is far better than the medal system, but it really depends if you actually care about getting medals. If you want to get every medal in the game then sure, go for the 30 people medal. I've never actually tried to get the medals but I have tried with streetpass so this is probably bias, but imo go with Streetpass unless you care about getting every medal.
    cant say likes this.
  11. Stellar

Stellar dreams and adventure
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

Stuck in XY? Don't know where to go next? Need help finding an item or a Pokemon? This thread is the one for you!

Ask any question about in-game XY here. Hopefully someone can provide you with an answer or point you in the right direction!

This thread is only for questions related to XY in-game. Competitive questions should go in Uncharted Territory!

Please at least do a quick google search before asking questions.

Lumiose Map:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
  12. CJorex

CJorex

Does anyone have a list of every pokemon whose type has been retconned to Fairy? I just want to know before I get the game tomorrow.
  13. Quarznox

Quarznox

Cleffa (?), Clefairy, Clefable, Snubbull, Granbull, Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss, Azurill, Marill, Azumarill, Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Mawile, Mime jr, MR. Mime, petillil (?), Whimsicott

That is all that is confirmed I think.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  14. Anartya

Anartya

Is dive in the game?
  15. T3h_Glurak

T3h_Glurak

Where is the move reminder? I ned charm for my Eevee ._.
  16. mervins

mervins

anybody knows where to get dianthas ralts?
  17. TruthfulCake

TruthfulCake

How many HMs are in the game, and what are they?
  18. SMZ

SMZ

Guys I have a question regarding region lock. I have an american 3DS, but my e-shop is brazillian, will downloaded 3DS games from it work or not?
  19. Azurewing

Azurewing

anyone knows where rock smash is?
    its in dendemille city, she's an old lady
    T3h_Glurak likes this.
  20. Hollymon

Hollymon

I know heracross is exclusive to y, but can the heracrossnite be found in x?
  21. Azurewing

Azurewing

apparently it can only be found in Y while pinsirite can only be found in X
    not sure though
  22. Cupkeekie

Cupkeekie

I don't have the game yet, so sorry if I may not post here yet :x
    But I have a dilemma.

I can't choose between fennekin and froakie. I was team fennekin all the way in the beginning, untill I found these things out:
    -I am surely getting charmander because it has an amazing Mega evolution, but that means i'll have 2 fire starter pokemon to start with in the game.
    -The 3rd evolution of fennekin isn't as awesome as froakies.. But I still rather have fennekin than froakie to begin with >.< because it's fire/pshychic n.n

My question is, who wil be better to choose if I'm going to get it together with charmander? is having 2 firestarters to begin with diffecult?
    Sorry if i'm not really clear, english isn't my native language and explaining things has always been a problem for me xD
  23. thecasualoblivion

thecasualoblivion

Is Starmie exclusive to either version? I'm buying this game at midnight and if only one version has Starmie that's the one I want.
  24. Mr. Sunday

Mr. Sunday

How do I start a new save ? no new game button :(
    EDIT : My bad, found it. Just press up+B+X.
  25. LastFootnote

LastFootnote

Has anybody yet found a Choice item in X or Y?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)