Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here are a few of the questions that I'm curious about:

A) Do you believe that Pokemon would be better with or without 'cheating' (RNG, Hacking or otherwise)?

B) If not, would you be more inclined to raise Pokemon naturally if there were more reasonable and reliable methods for doing so, and also do you believe that people who aren't as privileged as others should be punished for not being able to acquire rare Pokemon in-game or from events (i.e. they shouldn't hack to receive Pokemon they otherwise don't have the opportunity to)?

C) Do you believe that RNG / Cheating / Hacking will become sufficiently available on the 3DS; in the case of hacking to the point where they will pass through X & Y as legitimately acquired Pokemon, and also do you believe that RNG or hacking excludes a certain portion of the population who aren't savvy to the point of cheating?

D) Do you believe that competitive Pokemon battling will suffer or benefit from not being able to cheat, (on one hand cheating allows the meta to develop more quickly and is less reliant on luck, on the other hand the meta develops more slowly and luck is already a significant factor of the game) and also do you believe that the time factor and / or opportunity (Event Pokemon / Pokemon traded from past games) involved in raising a perfect or competitive-tiered Pokemon is a logical device to use to participating in the competitive Pokemon scene?

Say I post that in a thread called, "RNG / Hacking; Competitive Pokemon X & Y - Opinions" in the Orange Islands - do I get tarred, feathered, hung and set on fire, or is there already an organized thread that covers these issues extensively?
Just FYI, Orange Islands is not the place to ask as there is no discussion of competitive play allowed here. You could perhaps direct your question to the OverUsed SQSA thread instead. There is also a thread already dedicated to pondering how the changes that gen VI is introducing will affect the metagame here, pretty sure they just discuss how the new 'mons/abilities/moves/mega evo's will affect the metagame, but not how what you call 'cheating' will affect it...

Long story short, OI isn't really the place to ask

I don't know if this is the right place to ask...but how do I put the spoiler tags when I'm answering in a thread? I cannot find anywhere how to do it :/

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can someone give me a step be step way of using the hide function?

Nvm: it's two post up.
(Note, every instance of "!" is not in the actual code. Ignore them as I'm using them to stop messing up my post haha.)
1. When you're posting, type in [!hide] exactly as it is.
2. Afterward, type whatever you need to type (you don't need to do anything special after hide, no fancy spaces or anything). Should be like - [!hide]hi this is hiding - so far (- - aren't in the actual code, just using them to make it more clear).
3. Close it by typing in [!/hide] at the end of your typing.
4. You're done! You can type below the hide box with other stuff if need be.
edit: 5. I forgot this one. With the first [!hide] tag you typed, you can edit it to be [!hide=whatever you want] so you can make the line there say something. I'm labeling it as "Spoilers" below. It's basically just adding a equal sign with no spaces and typing something defining what the content of the hide tags are.

hi this is hiding

Last edited:
We are interested how Compoundeyes works in PMD2. It appears that 5* is perfectly accurate with Concentrator from Group C, D and Palkia. So, how low can we get with Compoundeyes? Affected are Nincada, Yanma and Yanmega.

The old question is still open: Is a Technician 4* move stronger or weaker than Technician 4* + 1?

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why has the RMT board been so dead in recent months? I remember people (including me) racing to rate OU teams in 4th gen and beginning of 5th gen.. now you're lucky if you get a couple rates on a team.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hope I can get away with asking this here..

I'm going to a midnight launch tonight for X&Y and I figured everyone there will have their 3DS's on them. I haven't encountered more than probably one or so passerby's in BW2 (those medals suck) so I was hoping there would be a few there tonight with the same idea, BUT, I also want to try out the Streetpass feature of the 3DS in an actual crowded area as well. So I guess my question is it worth trying to go for the 'pass by 30 people' medal? Do you actually get anything cool from Streetpass? I only upgraded to the 3DS last week so haven't tried any of those features out yet

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I hope I can get away with asking this here..

I'm going to a midnight launch tonight for X&Y and I figured everyone there will have their 3DS's on them. I haven't encountered more than probably one or so passerby's in BW2 (those medals suck) so I was hoping there would be a few there tonight with the same idea, BUT, I also want to try out the Streetpass feature of the 3DS in an actual crowded area as well. So I guess my question is it worth trying to go for the 'pass by 30 people' medal? Do you actually get anything cool from Streetpass? I only upgraded to the 3DS last week so haven't tried any of those features out yet
In my opinion, streetpass is far better than the medal system, but it really depends if you actually care about getting medals. If you want to get every medal in the game then sure, go for the 30 people medal. I've never actually tried to get the medals but I have tried with streetpass so this is probably bias, but imo go with Streetpass unless you care about getting every medal.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Stuck in XY? Don't know where to go next? Need help finding an item or a Pokemon? This thread is the one for you!

Ask any question about in-game XY here. Hopefully someone can provide you with an answer or point you in the right direction!

This thread is only for questions related to XY in-game. Competitive questions should go in Uncharted Territory!

Please at least do a quick google search before asking questions.

Lumiose Map:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a list of every pokemon whose type has been retconned to Fairy? I just want to know before I get the game tomorrow.

Does anyone have a list of every pokemon whose type has been retconned to Fairy? I just want to know before I get the game tomorrow.
Cleffa (?), Clefairy, Clefable, Snubbull, Granbull, Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss, Azurill, Marill, Azumarill, Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Mawile, Mime jr, MR. Mime, petillil (?), Whimsicott

That is all that is confirmed I think.

Last edited:
Guys I have a question regarding region lock. I have an american 3DS, but my e-shop is brazillian, will downloaded 3DS games from it work or not?

I don't have the game yet, so sorry if I may not post here yet :x
But I have a dilemma.

I can't choose between fennekin and froakie. I was team fennekin all the way in the beginning, untill I found these things out:
-I am surely getting charmander because it has an amazing Mega evolution, but that means i'll have 2 fire starter pokemon to start with in the game.
-The 3rd evolution of fennekin isn't as awesome as froakies.. But I still rather have fennekin than froakie to begin with >.< because it's fire/pshychic n.n

My question is, who wil be better to choose if I'm going to get it together with charmander? is having 2 firestarters to begin with diffecult?
Sorry if i'm not really clear, english isn't my native language and explaining things has always been a problem for me xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)