1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Sticky Have a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Fatecrashers, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Celever

Celever

Yeah, just breed the volcorona for larvesta, or grab a level 70 one (35 if you haven't defeated it already) in the relic castle, you go there through the relic passage by the PWT.
    Hope I helped ;)
  2. AHickey1995

AHickey1995

yes you did, thank you.
  3. Lork

Lork

can you check if a pokemon is 'legit'? if so how?
  4. Celever

Celever

Well you'll just have to look at why you think it is not legit and check if it is or not using the internet.
  5. Colossus

Colossus

Opinions on Natures for....

Hey everyone. I was just wondering what natures work the best for...
    -Giratina (Altered Forme)
    -Azelf
    -Uxie

I'm not playing competitively, but I do battle my friends quite a bit, and I was making a team to stall them out the next time we fought (hence Giratina). As well, I noticed Uxie and Azelf garnering some use in the Battle Frontier when checking records. I was curious to see what natures make them the most viable in that environment ONLY. Any help deciding on natures and perhaps EVs would be tremendously appreciated. Thanks.
  6. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

If you have access to Wifi you can yous Pokecheck... But I don't know how legal that is to mention here... Go look for it, it's pretty simple :)
  7. PrimordialHydra

PrimordialHydra

Viability of a Battle Frontier Team Composition

Hey all. Thanks for taking the time to take a look at this. I made a team some time ago, but it was only on paper. After learning to manipulate the RNG, I finally have my team. It is as follows:

Garchomp
    Jolly @ Focus Sash
    31/31/31/31/31/31
    6 HP/ 252 ATK/ 252 SPD

Outrage
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Swords Dance

My lead. I've heard and seen (through Battle Videos) this Pokemon devastate the Frontier before, so I figured I should try it out. The only question I have is whether or not I should replace Stone Edge with Substitute or Fire Fang.

Suicune
    Bold @ Leftovers/ Chesto Berry
    31/x/31/31/31/31
    252 HP/ 252 DEF/ 4 SP. DEF

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Calm Mind
    Rest

Just by looking at this thing, I can tell it has potential to be a beastly tank. The moveset is, again, the only question I have regarding it: should Ice Beam be replaced by Sleep Talk or Substitute?

Metagross
    Adamant @ Shuca Berry/ Lum Berry/ Choice Scarf
    31/31/31/31/31/31
    (not 100% sure how I should assign its EVs as of yet- I would like max Attack with some bulk, but Speed is important too)

Meteor Mash
    Earthquake
    Explosion
    Bullet Punch/ Ice Punch/ Thunderpunch/ Agility

I remember using one of these on my Emerald Frontier team- it was a brute from what I can remember. Other than the EVs and the the obvious last move slot problem, what item would be of most use to it?

If anyone took the time to read this novella, I would like to thank you from the heart of my bottom, and hope to hear some suggestions/ critiques from you soon. Cheers!
  8. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

It may be considered necromancy, but we do have a thread for that! :D

I'll still give you some feedback, just in case it is necromancy. I would definitely consider changing Stone Edge for Fire Fang, since it has less chance of a miss and coverage against Grass-types, which your team lacks. Additionally, try a Yache Berry to help with Ice-type moves against Garchomp.

Keep Chesto on Milotic, and keep Ice Beam. You'll probably only need to Rest once a match at the most, and Ice Beam provides some important coverage against Dragon- and Grass-types.

Give Metagross some considerable bulk, since Psychic/Steel is an impressive type combo in Gen IV. Also, for the item, I would actually pick either Leftovers, if you go with an Agility set, or an Expert Belt, if you go with an elemental punch.
  9. thesynchrohero

thesynchrohero

Ev ideas, First one is for Bullet Punch, Second for Agillity and Third for Ice Punch / Thunder Punch.
  10. Lorenz

Lorenz

How do you put random matches pokemon on youtube?
  11. elvisdalia

elvisdalia

What are the three starter pokemon's for orange island?

What are the three starter pokemon's for orange island?
  12. Jellicent

Jellicent ~the spirit who loves spirits~
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Ruiner of Alph

There are no set starters, since it only existed in the anime. Seeing as it was a post-Kanto, pre-Johto arc, I'd assume Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander.
  13. Charro

Charro

You'll need external devices to do so, the DS doesn't have a function to do so.
  14. Celever

Celever

Or you can just video it off of the DS through a camera. Its what people use on showdown or anything else anyway.
  15. Lorenz

Lorenz

External device such as?
  16. Geodude6

Geodude6

I would assume some sort of cheating device. Won't name specific products as I assume that would run along the same vein as ROMs and emulators.
  17. Too Funk to Druck

Too Funk to Druck

It wouldn't have to be a cheating device. You could always use a capture card for DS. Of course, those aren't particularly cheap, afaik.
  18. Zowayix

Zowayix

In all three Gen IV PMD games, are Team Tasty's genders ever mentioned? If so, what are they?
  19. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

A quick look at that guy's profile and he seems like an ad troll. idk :V

@Zowayix: Don't remember Tasty's genders ever been mentioned in all three games (Considering the Tasty subplot was hilarious as all hell, I made sure to check when I did have the opportunity too most of the time)
  20. inanimate blob

inanimate blob

Confirming the above post - the genders were never mentioned, nor do either Pokémon have gender differences (aww). But, I would assume they're both male, based on Chunsoft probably not wanting to joke about Pokémon cannibalism with females.
  21. Shiruba

Shiruba

does a legendary disappear if you lose to it? as in, white/black out?
  22. Geodude6

Geodude6

I don't think so Shiruba.
  23. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random Solves issues recursively
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

In the latest games, iirc, the legends do not disappear; they just remain in their spots until they are taken out/caught. But in the earlier games, however—as in pre-Generation IV—I think they might disappear, but I am not 100% certain. I might need to do a little more research on that.
  24. Unoriginal Name

Unoriginal Name

Adding on to what Its A Random said, all post-gen 3 legends stayed. Gen 3 and before, however, was somewhat different, I believe. Plot-centric Legendaries (ie Groudon) always stayed until beaten/caught, and roaming ones simply continued to roam, like in later games

I do not know about non-plot centric stationaries, such as the legendary birds, however. I'll get back to you on that if I find out.
  25. Geodude6

Geodude6

I have no idea where to put this btw

My school is running a monotype 5th gen tourney, with only two rule: no legendaries, and no illegal hacks. I wanted to get feedback on this team and any specific weaknesses it might have:

Politoed @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpA
    Modest nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Scald
    - Focus Blast
    - Ice Beam

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    Modest nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Giga Drain
    - Leech Seed
    - Ice Beam

Kingdra @ Chesto Berry
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
    Adamant nature
    - Waterfall
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Dance
    - Rest

Kabutops @ Focus Sash
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Adamant nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    Timid nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Thunder
    - Hydro Pump
    - Rain Dance

Huntail @ White Herb
    EVs: 252 HP/24 Def/232 Spe
    Impish nature
    - Shell Smash
    - Baton Pass
    - Waterfall
    - Substitute

Thoughts? I can foresee Electric Pokemon being issues. I might be able to handle them if Electric is their secondary type, but if their main team is Electric I don't know what I could do. Maybe replace something with Quagsire? These will be legally hacked so availability isn't an issue.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)