Haxmons (Playable on Aqua)

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Just a comment, I noticed that Anger Point didn't activate when my opponent attacked me, when it should have. I forgot to save the replay, but it was me against word on Pandora.

Everyone is talking about kabutops, but what about our lord and savior, his special counterpart?
Omastar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe or 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP or Some other combination with max special attack
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald/Waterfall
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power/Waterfall
The lack of speed may be a bit of an issue, but the basic idea is to switch into something that doesn't threaten you, freeze something with ice beam, then boost with ancientpower. If only it was faster.

all i see is someone getting swept with a gengar and then dragonite counterswept him...

also dome completely walls feebas's set lmao

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We now have an IRC Channel! Click here to join.

I'll probably make a Council soon. This will help with potentially broken Pokemon. Play a lot, post well about threats and what can check them and come and join the IRC!

BTW: Razor Fang is getting banned, it was an oversight.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Something that's been giving me a lot of trouble is:

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd/ 4 SpA/
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake/ Roost/ Protect
- Ominous Wind

With Inner Focus, it cant be flinched by scarf dark pulse. With a decent bulk of 91/95/100, it can take a hit and retaliate back with Ominous Wind, giving it a speed boost as well as attack boost. It has Extreme Speed, which is the best Priority move in the game. Able to 2HKO most mons in the Meta. Ice Punch is also there to freeze something before Espeeding as well.

tbh, after playing the meta for a bit, I don't think dragonite is ban worthy. There are several counters/checks such as entrainment hustle durant, physically defensive lapras, ditto and scarf kyu-b

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
tbh, after playing the meta for a bit, I don't think dragonite is ban worthy. There are several counters/checks such as entrainment hustle durant, physically defensive lapras, ditto and scarf kyu-b
Sorry but Physical Def Lapras? No, defensive mons are definitely not viable in haxmons.

Last edited:
Haven't tried it yet, but this looks fun as hell.

Golbat @ Eviolite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Poison Fang
- Roost
- Bite
- Whirlwind/Defog

We all know how bulky this mo-fo is, and he gets inner focus, poison fang (damage + badly poison) and bite (flinch). And with Inner focus now being (arguably) better than infiltrator, you can run Defog on your golbat (but it is not suggested do to offense being EVERYWHERE)

Sorry but Physical Lapras? No, defensive mons are definitely not viable in haxmons.
Defensive lapras is viable if anything for dnite alone, and has several moves it can use such as ice beam, body slam and ancientpower, along with giving a nice freeze immunity. Don't call something not viable before using/seeing it.
And banning dnite will just open a massive ban chain, because that will make flinching overpowered, with the only legit inner focus user being lucario. Priority doesn't help either because of feint skuntank.

Does anyone know of some good Inner Focus users? Because otherwise I foresee all of my battles as just a race to get out Mega-Aerodactyl first.

Defensive lapras is viable if anything for dnite alone, and has several moves it can use such as ice beam, body slam and ancientpower, along with giving a nice freeze immunity. Don't call something not viable before using/seeing it.
And banning dnite will just open a massive ban chain, because that will make flinching overpowered, with the only legit inner focus user being lucario. Priority doesn't help either because of feint skuntank.
probably didn't see this at the time, but There is still Golbat and Crobat with Inner Focus, As well as Umbreon, Kangaskhan, Throh, and Hypno. All of those at least have respectable bulk, except for Golbat and Umbreon which have godly bulk. I don't see flinching becoming a problem anytime soon.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
It can do a little something, but especially with crits involved. Defensive Mons cant really do a thing, Kabutops takes the role for Ice beam/Ancient Power as well having a good offensive pressure with waterfall and priority Aqua jet. The problem with Dnite is its movepoll (Espeed, ice punch, Ominous Wind), the natural bulk it has.
There's Kangaskhan with Inner Focus, with what Dnite has, just no Espeed and Ominous Wind.

So, as an answer to Dragonite, I run

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Bite
- Destiny Bond
- Ice Punch

So, the point of this set is that it is capable of OHKOing Dragonite (it needs a boosting item for 100%, but it has sash either way) with ice shard. Alongside that, it has a great speed tier, and a useful move in ice punch that lets you freeze opponents. Destiny bond is here because switching is generally a risky prospect in Haxmons, due to everything critting/causing status. That means it's generally easier to just let Froslass die and take the opponent with you.

Meloetta @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Spa
Adamant Nature
- Relic Song
- Wake-Up Slap
- Knock Off
- Frustration

Can I take this anywhere? Honestly, with Sticky Web support it does massive damage to everything in the tier that's not a Ghost, and even they take a good amount from Knock Off in base form. I guess without that Jolly is the best option to tie with Lucario in base form and outspeed Weavile in Pirouette.

Just a side thought, but Darkrai shouldn't be all that broken here.

canno

formerly The Reptile
So, as an answer to Dragonite, I run

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Bite
- Destiny Bond
- Ice Punch

So, the point of this set is that it is capable of OHKOing Dragonite (it needs a boosting item for 100%, but it has sash either way) with ice shard. Alongside that, it has a great speed tier, and a useful move in ice punch that lets you freeze opponents. Destiny bond is here because switching is generally a risky prospect in Haxmons, due to everything critting/causing status. That means it's generally easier to just let Froslass die and take the opponent with you.
I've been running a similar set, although I think mine is spookier

Froslass (F) @ Wide Lens
Jolly Nature
- Ice Fang
- Destiny Bond
- Ice Shard
- Ominous Wind

So Wide Lens lets Ice Fang actually hit things, making it the best freezing item in the game, as it can assure a freeze or a flinch on almost everything bar Lum Berry Inner Focus mons. Since it doesn't need to run Ice Punch and Bite anymore, since Ice Fang does both, this lets it try and run Omnious Wind to KO weaker foes and get a boost. You're probably not going to get it a lot though due to how weak the move is even with a crit, and how fragile Froslass is, but it could be good in a pinch. Ice Shard gets by other priorities. Watch out for Lucario though!

Evasion\extra elusion from weather abilities mechanics are not well implemented... pokèmon still sometimes hit after a mud slap,and they stillsometimes hit sand veil mons on sandstorm

I've been having success with mixed Greninja so far.
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
I'm considering using Shadow Sneak over or Water Shuriken or Dark Pulse to get an immunity to Extremespeed since that often causes problems for Greninja. Maybe something like this:
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Beam/U-turn
- Water Shuriken
- Shadow Sneak

Evasion\extra elusion from weather abilities mechanics are not well implemented... pokèmon still sometimes hit after a mud slap,and they stillsometimes hit sand veil mons on sandstorm
The point is that all moves that have 100 accuracy have the same accuracy as swift. All other moves have 0 accuracy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)