Haxmons (Playable on Aqua)

Currently 3rd on the ladder and taking a break...

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Hasty
- Dark Pulse
- Ominous Wind
- Ice Punch
- Sucker Punch

I would say this is the single best pokemon in the metagame. Normal/fighting priority immunities are AMAZING, and one Ominous Wind boost and Gengar is faster than anything relevant unboosted. Ice Punch handles Lucario (needs the sash if he has BP) and puts boosted Dragonites out of commission if you can keep Stealth Rock off the field, as well as giving you a free turn to OW if they can't unthaw themselves. Most everything else can get flinched out with Dark Pulse, but this move is used surprisingly little because Ominous Wind is so good at outright killing things. Sucker Punch can handle Shedinja or opposing sweeping Gengars, and lets Gengar finish off kills against priority users it already hit with OW. It also protects it partially from Ditto, which would otherwise be a massive threat to your own team. Biggest threat, and it isnt even close: Weavile.

MegaZor @ Duh
- Bullet Punch
- Feint / Stealth Rock
- Silver Wind
- Baton Pass / Stealth Rock / Defog

Solid defensive pokemon that can handle a variety of threats and hit back with a Silver Wind to boost. Bullet Punch on Mega Scizor does monstrous damage, but you already know that. Instead of trying to break through pokemon that would wall it, MegaZor can pass off its SW boosts to a teammate (like Gengar thanks to his immunities or another good priority user). Feint is a nice priority +2 move that lets Scizor outspeed and still hit fairly hard because of technician. Notably, if it can nab a boost with Silver Wind, feint lets it continue sweeping through Skuntank (Scizor is great for Skuntank in general because it can stall out feint).

Zoroark @ Choice Scarf
- Dark Pulse
- U-Turn
- Flamethrower
- Sucker Punch

Insanely annoying pokemon, that works because even if you see through the Illusion it is tough to deal with. Scarfark is faster than a lot of the metagame and can flinch out anything slower or burn with flamethrower if he predicts a switch into a priority user (which tends to be most of the time really). Disguised as Gengar people are afraid to extreme speed or mach punch it since Gengar is so deadly once it sets up. Sucker Punch is more of an emergency move to kill an out of control sweeper, since Zoroark really doesn't like being locked into it.

@Above post: Those Tauros are not that hard to kill...I've seen a few and didn't have trouble with them.

Last edited:
Omastar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Ancient Power

So, here's the jist of this pokemon. Omastar has a good 125 base defense, but a not so good base 70 special defense. Luckily, Assault Vest covers that. The 2 greatest things about this Pokemon are the following: Ancient Power and Shell armor. The first allows him to get +1 in all stats, and the latter negates all crits, which are everywhere in this meta. Notice: I'll update this post after I find a few threats and do more calcs.

Also a good friend from 1v1 came to mind:

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt

STAB 170 base attack, 120 BP, critical hit (Scarf helps outspeeding stuff). Must I say more? Actually I do, since Bullet Punch Lucario stops it in its tracks.

Last edited:
So has anyone had any luck with some stallier pokes? I've been running Gliscor, and it seems to be doing a decent job.

Gliscor@ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 72 HP / 184 Def / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
-Protect
-Earthquake
-Poison Jab
-Roost

I'm thinking of trying Knock Off instead of Earthquake, considering Lum Berries are so rampant and Leftovers is a pain. I still need to play around with the EV's, too.

Please don't laugh at me, but I really like Marowak here.
Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Ancient Power
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
Thick Club is freaking amazing, boosting Marowak's attack to the level of Landorus-T. Although crits negate Ancient Power's defense and SpD boosts, Battle Armor fixes that. After a turn or two of setup, which is admittedly hard to get in this meta, Marowak has an attack stat of over 700, which is the equivalent of Deoxys-A with a Choice Band. Iron Head is the flinch move while EQ provides STAB and covers Lucario. Dragonite doesn't OHKO at +1, and Knock Off at +2 OHKOs. He's worked very well for me.

Please don't laugh at me, but I really like Marowak here.
Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Ancient Power
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
Thick Club is freaking amazing, boosting Marowak's attack to the level of Landorus-T. Although crits negate Ancient Power's defense and SpD boosts, Battle Armor fixes that. After a turn or two of setup, which is admittedly hard to get in this meta, Marowak has an attack stat of over 700, which is the equivalent of Deoxys-A with a Choice Band. Iron Head is the flinch move while EQ provides STAB and covers Lucario. Dragonite doesn't OHKO at +1, and Knock Off at +2 OHKOs. He's worked very well for me.
bonemerang should be a slash for people who like flavor and breaking subs

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/haxmons-159199114
This is an interesting match I had vs. a Sticky Web team showcasing Whimsicott and a few other Pokemon I've been using. Whimsicott's clutch Tailwind really saved me there along with my Extremespeed duo.
Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nature Power
- Moonblast
- Tailwind
- Giga Drain/Shadow Ball
It has priority in Tri Attack via Prankster Moonblast and provides support with Tailwind as well.

Also Scarf Kingdra is really good in this metagame, though vulnerable to priority.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Stench
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Crunch
- Feint
- Poison Jab/flamethrower
- Sucker Punch

my god did i underestimate this thing...so...i wanted to try skuntank, and after failing misurably with a scarf set, i chose to just run 2 priority with blacksludge and just...rolled with it...and i must say, this thing is so hard to kill its not even funny. if you dont have a inner focus sweeper...your going to have a hard time taking this guy down. i chose to max speed along with attack mainly because its speed is actually not that bad (slow, but fast enough to be of some use)crunch is the main attack to hit ANY wall or anything slower that doesnt have priority, because it will lower their defense, flinch stall them, and NOTHING is safe on the switchin, feint is a weird priority choice...but it is also the FASTEST attacking priority move in the game barring fake out and it helps in dealing with espeeders not named dragonite/lucario and also hitting pokemon that try to set up on you. poison jab...is really just filler...but nabbing a poison on a poke is always nice. however, you can(i'm thinking about it myself) run flamethrower over it, due to the burn since both accomplish a similar role and lets you turn a counter into a check(lucario) suckerpunch is where the real glory is, suckerpunch deals A decent chunk to all offensive pokemon. and is probably the main thing to attack with if your opponent lacks a priority move or is slower.

Spent a bit at the top spot of the ladder and other than that bouncing around the top 5 (PS: CamelCreator). My team is Ambipom, Thundurus, Talonflame, Gengar, Mega-Scizor, Zoroark. Some comments about the metagame right now.

- I said Gengar is the best pokemon in the metagame, but just recently I've been seeing Feint Skuntanks pop up. Two of the three matches I didn't at least take my opponent to their last pokemon was because I undrestimated this beast. Extremely potent threat that is developing and it is the first thing that is making me actually consider Inner Focus. Don't run Muk over this.
- I've seen plenty of slow pokemon without priority being used in this metagame. I can't remember a single one that did decently. It doesn't matter how much power you have, if you are slow you will be flinched out (barring the appropriate ability), so don't even bother. 100 Speed is still pretty slow...I scarf my Zoroark at 105.
- There are a lot of sashes running around and not a lot of rocks running around. Burn and poison can do wonders and are far more useful than special defense drops (I'm looking at you Gengars who run Shadow Ball over Sludge Bomb, although personally I run neither).
- Stop using Krookodile. It is bad, especially if it is not scarfed. Tauros completely outclasses it by actually having a chance of not being flinched out (but even then it is probably worth scarfing it).
- In a metagame that is so heavily based around speed, paralysis is a complete death sentence to anything that doesn't have priority. Treat it that way. Similarly, T-Wave on Thundurus is still amazing even while running always-paralyzing Tbolt.
- I'm just going to repeat this again GENGAR IS SO GOOD. Amazing speed boosting and attacking move in Ominous Wind, can outspeed and Ice Punch anything that it can't flinch out with Dark Pulse, and even has Sucker Punch which, although weak, can come in a lot of handy as one of the fastest priority moves in the tier to finish off weak pokemon. Immunity to Fake Out and Extreme Speed and Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave and Quick Attack and Feint is far more useful than immunity to flinching or crits.
- Despite the crits radically increasing damage output, I would not consider this a metagame about power or OHKOing things. It is an absolute speed and priority war, and I can't think of any pokemon not built in that mold that will be worth it on a team.

Last edited:
I can see mental herb becoming a very seen item on most teams so that they can get themselves a free turn to set up.

Sorry if I this has already been specified but do abilities such as static and flame body apply paralysis/burn 100% of the time?

Sorry if I this has already been specified but do abilities such as static and flame body apply paralysis/burn 100% of the time?
I'm sitting at 7th on the Tier right now:

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Stench
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Feint
- Sucker Punch
- Flamethrower
- Crunch

Talonflame @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- U-turn

Kevin (Durant) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Entrainment
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Substitute

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
- Thunder Wave

Tauros (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Anger Point
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headbutt
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Earthquake

Whimsicott @ Lum Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Safeguard
- Tailwind
- Encore
- Worry Seed

Tauros stands out as being the least useful member of my team - Currently trying to find a suitable fit for it. Will likely use Meloetta as it fulfills my normal typing needed to topple muk and maintains a very nice level of usefulness. Whimsicott is next up on my possible replacements, although its support helps against a number of situations

The usefulness of Durant and Skuntank cannot be stressed enough - Durant shuts down a massive amount of pokemon used in this meta and easily sets up Agility and/or Substitute. Skuntank's got priority flinch with Feint and Sucker Punch, and given an agility pass that Feint will hit before any other priority save Fake Out.

The point is that all moves that have 100 accuracy have the same accuracy as swift. All other moves have 0 accuracy
Luckily the mechanics work in a way that a move will always hit if it can hit, so that BrightPowder won't be OP, nor what you just mentioned

I will put most of these answers in the OP
1. All moves that can miss, will miss.
There is an inconsistency in the OP : "All moves that can miss, will miss" is different from "All move with 100 accuracy become -- Accuracy, otherwise they always miss".
Furthermore, there is a problem with Hustle : When Hustle Delibird uses Aerial Ace, it never misses (check its BW analysis). Thus, if all 100 Accuracy moves become -- Accuracy, they should not be affected by Hustle, and Entrainment Durant is useless. Infinite x 0,8 = Infinite
Otherwise, accuracy drops not making the user miss would be absurd...

(sorry if I overlooked something)

Alternate solution : "All move that can miss, will miss. 100 Accuracy moves don't become -- Accuracy (= Hustle works properly), and evasion boosting/accuracy dropping moves, items and abilities are banned."

I think you should edit the OP anyway, because the rules aren't very accurate about accuracy (no pun intended)...

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
okay, to put it into perspective, this meta does NOT change all moves into aerial ace/aura sphere clones. it simply buffs all hax based on attacks to the maximum capacity but lets call it "haximum overdrive" just for puns sake. there is no such ability/mechanic that can reliably turn a 10% chance of say, flinching into 100 because that is hax being sent to "haximum overdrive". it just boosts the hax. it is possible to miss a move that has 80 accuracy. therefore it WILL miss when that hax is multiplied to the "haximum overdrive". same with critting. does that solve your question?

tldr: this isn't a no guard meta. its a meta that abuses bad hax.

edit: and on top of that, brightpowder isnt affected because it doesn't change any secondary effects. just to throw that out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)