Haxmons (Playable on Aqua)

Watch out for the almighty Water Absorb Lapras though!

Super late edit - but could your Slowbro maybe justify the use of Trick Room? That thing would be a monster if it could get it work.

Maybe with TR, Ice Beam, Scald and Mud Slap (lol)? Set up TR, wreck with Ice Beam and Scald and on the last turn use Mud Slap to force a switch and set up TR again. IDK. A sub might be better though.

Last edited:
I have a Sableye-set I'm quite eager to try out, but since battles are scarce unexisting I might as well post it instead:

Sableye @ Lagging Tail
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ominous Wind
- Dark Pulse

I might be thinking wrong about Lagging Tail (in which case I guess Choice Specs or Iron Ball could be worse alternatives) but the idea is to Trick it with priority to something that can't kill Sableye with the following attack. With the opponet crippled proceed to boost with Ominous Wind and flinch with Dark Pulse (if you predict a switch, otherwise just Dark Pulse straight away). You can also Will-O-Wisp to weaken the opponents priority (i.e. Aqua Jet from Kabutops).

Obviously Inner Focus pokes will beat this set, but priority Will-O-Wisp will at least cripple them significantly. The Extremespeed immunity is also very nice. Talonflame will eat Sableye for breakfast though. I also fear that it's to frail survive any hits at all, why investment in defense could be better. That'll make it harder to Flinch-sweep though, as it's terribly slow without investment. With max investment it actually gets well over 300 after a boost. I would really like Shadow Sneak or Sucker Punch too, but I don't know if it's worth it to sacrifice WoW. The set would probably have to be altered completely to give room for any of the two.

What do you think, could it work or will it just faint straight away? In that case, can max def instead of speed save it?

E: As Pikachuun pointed out Will-o-Miss obviously, will, miss... So what move makes the most of the set instead? I replaced it with Shadow Sneak and a Serious nature (it now hits 299/300 speed after one boost so the difference isn't too huge I hope.) Fire Punch/Thunder Punch was other moves that came to mind, but I don't know how viable they'll be without priority.

E2: Apparently Ominous Wind isn't compatible with Prankster or Trick or something so the set is kinda pointless.

Last edited:
Ah Haxmons, the Game of Flinches (and Flinch Prevention, that is). Flinch, or be flinched, such is the law of Random Haxmons (that, or the Anger Point Primeape trolls you). But this thread's about the original OM, and not the random version, so I'll refrain from talking about it.

This OM can be either mildly entertaining or rather frustrating, depending on who you face, but it's a great concept overall. We all hate those random crits that can break even the most boosted stalls, or the irritating FRZ effect Ice Punch or Ice Beam may cause out of the blue and might've just ruined the game. But in a game where everything always triggers - or misses, even if it has 99% accuracy, heh - luck is no longer factored in, and all that matters is H4X, pure H4x. Hu3.

I guess this is what happens when someone tries solving the game's RNG factor the other way around.. instead of trying to remove random events, why not make them not random at all? :)

Or add Victini to your team.
Are you sure Victory Star works like that and not just for your allies on the field in doubles/triples?

Intriguing if it does though. Never seen anybody taking advantage of it, but it opens for a lot of unusual builds. Victini itself might not be total deathfodder herself either, a critical hit V-Create is going to hurt a lot. It's massive Kabutops bait though, especially since a Scarf (with all the difficulties that brings) would be absolutely mandatory, but at least Fusion bolt/Energy Ball/Grass Knot are available.

Last edited:
By the way, Snaquaza told me he needed the code a while ago to make it playable on aqua again. Does anyone, by any chance, have it lying around? It is still playable on pandora fyi, but the spaniards aren't ever in haxmons-mode it seems.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
By the way, Snaquaza told me he needed the code a while ago to make it playable on aqua again. Does anyone, by any chance, have it lying around? It is still playable on pandora fyi, but the spaniards aren't ever in haxmons-mode it seems.
I'll be tagging Slayer95 since he should have the code then, since he owns Pandora!

Victory Star and other similar abilities affect only the allies on the field, and only when the Victory Star user is on the field.
Actually, Victory Star is just as long as Victini is alive.
Serebii mentions when an ability is a field ability, or not, and it doesn't mention any field requirements for Victory Star.

What do we think of a Trick Room team? Would that work? I'm quite intrigued by the idea, because with everything running speed, as long as you're able to get and keep TR up you will have a massive advantage. You won't probably even have to run typical "Trick Room pokémon" as a negative nature and 0 IVs should do the trick (he he he he he) anyways. So feel free choosing from a lot of more pokes than usual and in investing in bulk.

It's tricky (he) to actually pin point good abusers though. I think you'd want a lot of pokémon that could set up TR on your team, as many as possible. I also belive that priority is very crucial, just as it is without Trick Room. I do really like the Mega Slowbro I "stole" from above for this though. With Battle Armor It's bulk and Mud Slap setting TR up should not be too hard, and with Ice Beam and Scald it can wreck havoc aswell. Scizor might work too, altough It'd had to rely on support. Other than that, maybe Meowstic could have it's merits in providing screens before setting up TR? I'm far from sure on that one though. Mega Banette is very interesting with Trick Room aswell as double priority in Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch coming from it's amazing attack. Prankster Destiny Bond could come in handy too. Other than that idk, Mew? The movepool is nice at least. Maybe Mega Gallade with it's Inner Focus being able to set up TR on flinchers would work well. (Although I'd think twice before slapping on my mega stone on anything else than Slowbro. Same goes for Banette).

Thoughts? Probably not worth the hassle, right.

Last edited:
Actually, Victory Star is just as long as Victini is alive.
Serebii mentions when an ability is a field ability, or not, and it doesn't mention any field requirements for Victory Star.
No, it has to be in battle. Serebii is too unreliable to be used as a source. Veekun says it's only in battle.

Ostfralla used revive.

Have actually managed to get som battles over at Pandora lately, and i just want to say that Prankster Tailwind support is awesome. I currently run Talonflame (which ofc is great in it self) and Tornadus (with Wide Lens and Air Slash - it's quite fast and hard hitting actually) to help my Lapras and Kabutops to get boosts up and my Mega Medicham to sweep. Haven't really met any opposing Lapras or Kabutops but i'd imagine Tailwind should help keep them in check somewhat too. It's quite fun to abuse as that double speed turns the whole thing upside down, very hard for the opponent to cope with.

To my extreme delight i saw that Haxmons ubers was "voteable" for this OMotM. Although it won't win, the idea is amazeballs. IDK if it is playable anywhere, but i'd love to try some battles. Even though i love Haxmons, i feel like the best sets are discovered. Haxmons Ubers opens up a whole new world of fun.

To try to get some buzz on, here's a few sets I came up with real quick. No idea if they're any good though, this meta requires testing before you can know for sure.

Arceus @ Lum Berry/Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: ? Atk / ? SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ominous Wind/Ancient Power
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head/Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam/Thunderbolt

It's a combination of ExtremeKiller and Haxmons fan favorite Kabutops/Lapras! Boost or flinch or hit hard with prio or freeze. Do what you want. I'd probably go for a physically attacking set with Ominous Wind to hit ghosts and Iron head to flinch, to be able to get ESpeed to insane power levels quickly. But idk, Ancient Power/DPulse might be better. Thunderbolt is an option if you already have a lot of freezing moves in your team, bc you now, freeze clause. In my experience paralysis is almost as devastating as freeze aswell, since it's not as prepared for.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Ominous Wind
- Ice Punch
- Sucker Punch

This is the Gengar set I (and probably others) effectively used in regular Haxmons, but with trapping. Switch in on something appropriate and get boosting. With the help of freezing and flinching this will not be hard.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I was thinking of a Mega gengar set, I don't know if this is already put up somewhere or if it is outclassed by other sets. The idea I had in mind was to use it as a trapper, considering it's the fastest pokemon with a reliable trapping ability such as shadow tag, and a flinching move such as Dark pulse.

Gengar @ Gengarite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Perish Song
- Ice Punch/Thunder Punch/Sludge Wave
- Dark Pulse

The given spread allows Gengar to take as many hits as possible from faster Pokemon, while being as fast as possible. If sludge wave is run, a better spread would be 160HP/96SpA/252Spe because it gives Gengar more power, while still allowing it to survive Shedinja's Shadow Sneak.

Protect is a more reliable way to stall a turn of Perish Song because it blocks priority moves and attacks from faster Pokemon or Pokemon with inner focus, it also safely gives Gengar the speed boost upon mega evolving. Dark Pulse can be used consecutively to stall turns of Perish Song, but doesn't stop priority moves or faster attackers. Ice Punch coupled with Shadow Tag is a deadly combination, because the opponent can't swap out the frozen Pokemon and keep it as insurance for the rest of their team. Freezing might also give you a free turn to set up Perish song. Thunder Punch and Sludge Wave can be used as alternatives to Ice Punch however, because Ice punch fails to freeze if the opponent already has a frozen Pokemon. Thunder Punch is used to slow down faster pokemon, allowing them to be hit by Dark Pulse. Sludge Wave is also an option, as a strong STAB move, that also poisons the opponent, allowing it to stall out slower opponents by locking them with Dark Pulse.

More sets!

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Shadow Sneak
- Ominous Wind
- Outrage/Dragon Claw

Ghost typing in Haxmons is amazing, as it tanks ESpeed. Unfortunately only Gengar is viable normally. In Ubers a LOT of pokes learn ESpeed. And more Ghosts are there to choose from. Giratina-O is the one I am most intrigued about. The set is quite straight forward with flinching, boosting and priority. The last move should be chosen depending on what the team needs. I'm leaning towards Dragon STAB. A special spread with a special second move (Aura Sphere, TBolt, Earth Power, Shadow Ball, Dragon Pulse) is also an option, but DPulse will flinch anyways and I like hard hitting priority.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

A lot of megas seem good in this. MegaKhan with Fake Out/Sucker Punch, MegaBlaziken with Speed Boost and the powerful flinch move Headbutt, MegaMence with Ominous Wind, MegaMawile with them strong Sucker Punches and so forth. But my favorite after MegaGengar is Lucario. Here it can pull of the same kind of sets it does normally but will destroy a whole lot more with its power. This is just one set that it could run, there are a lot of physical and special moves it can utilize. It can also go fully special with moves like Dark Pulse and Vacuum Wave

An interesting thing about the meta is that VERY many pokemon learn Ancient Power/Ominous Wind/Silver Wind. Which ones that will utilize them best remains to be seen. I'm also interested in finding out how well Kabutops/Lapras can perform. They'll still be bulkier than most other pokes, but their power and speed is quite underwhelming. I'm guessing that Lapras will have more of a niche bc it's immune to freeze and has Ice STAB to kill some dragons with. It needs a lot of boosts to be potent though.

Last edited:
I think in this Meta, talonflame gets a huge boost. Not only does it not have to change its moveset at all, but also, the Stone Edges and even the Rock Slides are gone, so it's checks are weaker too.
Possibly Charizard and Volcarona as well, for very similar reasons.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ancient Power
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

Aerodactyl is the fastest iron head user, and can boost its stats w/ ancient power

Aerodactyl @ Wide Lens
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Fang
- Fire Fang
- Ominous Wind
- Roost

Another Good Aerodactyl Set, Sacrificing some speed for a bit more HAX. The Ice and Fire Fang both auto Flinch while also giving burn or freeze, respectively.
Also, Stat Boosts and Healing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)